A Discovery

Rosaline Mckay

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
13 1/2" Katalox Wood Wand with Chimera Scale core
Rosaline had been walking with her children in a park near her home but it was flooded with children that could be a danger to her pure blood infants so she returned home. assuming that Chavdar was still at work. The Christmas for her children had been nothing over the top as she never celebrated it, it was a muggle holiday one she was never particularly fond of but the twins, Avrille and Hadan had gotten things as had her love.

Upon returning home, Rosaline walked up to her bedroom with her twins in her arms. She spoke quietly to each of them, trying to keep her daughter from crying as hard as she was. The auburn-haired woman wished she could control Zinaida's cries but she certainly was a Daddy's Girl and would only stop in her father's arms so as she sat on her bed, she placed the child carefully down on the bed.

Rosaline rocked Vladimir in her chest, watching both children with a motherly glint in her sapphire blue eyes. How she enjoyed motherhood, it was perfect on her. Her thoughts traveled to Chavdar, quite curious as to when he would be home not because she needed him at all times but because she loved him and wished to see him, perhaps have a reciprocal conversation rather than trying to decipher the gurgles and cries of children.

C</B><i></i>havdar, the first thing he did was apparate into the bathroom, stood in front of the mirror. Water droplets clung to his bare chest and shoulders, and steam rose from his skin. The Mark he now bore on his arm somehow matched that of the Zhefarovich family symbol upon his back very well. Both meant evil, and ever since that night in Bulgaria and since his memories were fuzzy, Chavdar had changed somehow. He managed to hide this from his love, but for how long? Taking this into mind, Chavdar thought that he was the only one home. However, he was gravely mistaken.

<B>He walked out of the bathroom, dressed in only a towel draped around his waist and his wet hair tied away from his face, the first place he went was his bedroom. Chavdar shut the door behind him, but what he heard was not silence, but the cries of Zinaida. Did Rosaline not take them to the park? Chavdar turned to see the stunning Rosaline, the love of his life, sitting on the bed. Chavdar knew that Rosaline had seen Chavdar plenty of times without a shirt on, but him without pants was a bit embarrassing, in love or not. Chavdar's cheeks flushed a fair bit and he gave a sheepish smile at Rosaline, "I didn't know you were here..." Silly Chavdar though had completely forgotten that the Mark was clearly in view.

Rosaline looked up as she heard her love's voice and smiled gently at him as blood rushed to her cheeks as she realized he was just in a towel. "I didn't know you were here either," she commented as her sapphire blue eyes skimmed back up to his face but as they did they caught something rather out of place. She swiftly walked over to him, still paying very careful attention to Zinaida on the bed.

There is was the dark mark on her love's arms, in truth she didn't know what to feel. Rosaline had a hatred for Death Eaters, they were senseless murderers and while both she and Chavdar enjoyed the Dark Arts never had shown a particular interest in joining the forces of Death Eaters. "Chavdar," she said with a mixture of confusion and anger in her tone of voice. "Why do you have the mark of the Death Eaters?" she asked scathingly, looking for an answer more than 'Because I'm a Death Eater' she wished to know why.

As Rosaline waited for Chavdar's answer, her eyes became void of all positive emotion and flashed with hatred for the group she now knew Chavdar was a part of. With this news prior feelings of love seemed to fly out of her mind, she only felt infuriated with Chavdar.

A heavy sigh escaped his lips as she discovered the very thing he wanted to keep secret from her. It was his own carelessness, and he held up a hand before he would answer her completely and fully, "Let me get dressed first." Chavdar turned from her, and went to the closet, before entering it and closing the door behind him. It was big enough for him to just put on some pants and everything required underneath. Emerging from the closet with his jeans and boots on, Chavdar faced Rosaline, his expression unchanged except for the softness in his usually icy eyes.

"I think you know that I am now a part of something I never really expected myself to be. But things are what they are, and believe it or not, with me in the group that caused so much destruction and has similar beliefs as I, our children are safer now." Chavdar shrugged a bit, and he patted Zinaida on the head. "I will do whatever it takes to protect this family, even if I am going into a risk just for bearing the Mark with the Ministry and even my own life. Working for both sides will not only assist me, but it will ensure that our children remain safe from the outsiders."

Chavdar continued, "I did not ask for your approval, for this was my own choosing. Rosaline, I shouldn't have kept it a secret, but fate led me down this path for a reason." Chavdar gave a smile to his daughter, and then he walked toward his nightstand, before opening it, in search of something very special, as he waited for Rosaline's response.

As Chavdar went into their closet her lip quivered impatiently and she expression stayed the exact same and when he came out of the closet her eyes squinted harshly on his face, the softness of his eyes taunted her anger which in turn caused her to be more angry. She listened to him speak, grinding her teeth together to hold her tongue while he spoke. Once he was finished she mulled his words over in her mind, quickly searching for a rational response.

"I am not saying you must request my approval, I am not your mother, however, you have made it your goal to kill death eaters, why now have you changed your opinion so drastically?" Rosaline asked but didn't give him an opportunity to answer as she continued. "It is nonsensical to be a murderer in hopes to protect our family, or risk your own life," she said and her voice slowly became soft at the thought of loosing Chavdar, something she would not stand for.

Fate meant nothing to Rosaline, choices were made and they had consequences, the stars did not cause things to happen, your own choices did so she dismissed his comment about fate leading him down the path of destruction. While angry, Rosaline knew that she could never be so angry as to abandon everything; she still loved him very much but she could still be angry and was so she continued glaring.

An odd expression crept over his face, even though his back was turned on Rosaline. He lifted out a little black box, and inside was a ring but now, Chavdar was not too sure if she would even accept now that he was what he was. Chavdar shook his head, "Rosaline, I don't remember ever making my goal to rid the world of Death Eaters. As far as I know, they haven't taken anything away from me, and nor will they without hell to pay."

Chavdar turned to face her, the box enclosed by his hand. "Ever since I woke up in that hospital, I don't remember a lot of what has happened. Yes, this was my choice, and I choice it for the best. I may not be wise in my decision making at times, but this will lessen the chances of anything happening to our children. Believe it or not, I did kill once out of self-defense before becoming what I am today. I risk my life everyday anyhow, just by even communicating with any of my family. At least now I stand a chance against them."

"Nothing has changed, I can assure you that. I won't be lost, and neither will anyone again. I believe that now, and since my family trained me, I don't think we will be having any issues anymore. I want to know why you are so angry, when you know me better than anyone else in the world, and know that I don't make reckless decisions without thinking them through first." Chavdar took a seat on the bed, and handed Zinaida the little black box for her to play with. "Rosaline, I want nothing more but for you to be happy, safe, and in a well provided home."

Rosaline paid little attention to what Chavdar was searching for in the dresser and that it was in his hand, she just listened to his words, mentally listing them so she could respond when he was done. As he finished she responded, "Killing one person in self-defense is different then senseless murder of mudbloods." She rocked her son as he fidgeted uncomfortably, clearly distraught by his fighting parents, so she ran her slender fingers through his brown hair soothingly.

"Why am I so angry?" Rosaline asked rhetorically. "You know my late husband was murdered by Death Eaters, why wouldn't I be angry?" she asked, once again rhetorically,momentarily forgetting about Chavdar's memory loss. "Rosaline, I want nothing more but for you to be happy, safe, and in a well provided home." She bit down on her bottom lip as she heard these words and walked over to their bed to sit down beside him. She put down Vladimir on the bed beside Zinaida and turned her body towards her love slightly, her hand rested on his bare, wet shoulder. "I am happy with you Chavdar, just concerned and surprised," she said softly, her sapphire blue eyes once more filling with emotion.

Chavdar chuckled, "Senseless murder is what I would have been if I didn't fight back. And I do know what my father said a long time ago. 'Once a Zhefarovich kills, one can never stop'. But that is not what the Death Eaters in my family does. It is more about protection with them. Excluding Rayna though, she is a different story." Chavdar frowned a bit at the mention of his psychotic aunt. Chavdar thought amusingly, Every lover has their quarrels. Well, I guess sometime now is the right time...

"That is one thing that I do remember. I apologize and wish I could take that all back, if I could, to save you from the hurt that you felt then and must feel now." Actually, Chavdar was slightly jealous of her late husband. How could he not be? Rosaline was the first woman he had ever fallen in love with, and she gave him everything he wanted. He wanted to please her with the happiness she had given him in return. He heard her last words, and he turned his stormy eyes toward her. Glancing down at Zinaida, he murmured, "I've been waiting to give you this for about three months now, and I have no idea how to do it, but I want you to open the box Zinaida is holding."

Rosaline's eye lids slid shut momentarily as Chavdar said he wished he could rid her of the pain she experienced after Vaschel's death. She sighed, although she loved her late husband she loved him, she was in love with Chavdar there was no way she would give up what she and Chavdar had to bring Vaschel back. And as he told her to open the box their daughter was holding she gave him a look of confusion and shrugged as she did as was instructed.

Rosaline ran her fingers gently through the blonde infant's hair before taking the velvet box from her daughter. She looked up at Chavdar before back at the box as she opened it to see an engagement ring. "I don't know what to say," she said with a baffled smile as she looked up at her love. She leant forward and kissed his cheek adoringly. She pulled away and smiled, clearly at a loss for words.

Chavdar's expression changed dramatically from what was on before to now a subtle hint of happiness. Moreover, he was afraid of rejection, but they had been together for a long time now, the step was coming. And he was just waiting for the opportune moment. Chavdar murmured, his voice laced with love, "Just answer yes, or no, to wanting to become my wife." Chavdar paused for a moment, drinking in the moment, as he rested his head on the bed, and stared up into Rosaline's eyes. Chavdar took Zinaida into his arms, and placed her upon his chest. Giggling as she did, Chavdar could not help but chuckle. So, the man was finally growing up and settling down for the first time in his life.

Rosaline laughed quietly, as Chavdar said the word 'no', the thought was so foolish to her but she added with a bright smile, "Yes." She smiled at the thought, she was engaged to Chavdar. "I would love you be your wife, Chavdar," she murmured quietly, her sapphire blue eyes were soft with adoration as she watched her fiance with their child, momentarily forgetting about the ring as it was not as important as the thought of being engaged to the love of her life. She rested back onto the bed beside him and smiled as she kissed his cheek.

Chavdar beamed, and knew that for the first time in his life, he was engaged. He was getting married! But...when? "I would be honored to be your husband. You don't know how happy I am, and how weird it is to say that you are going to be my wife." Chavdar glanced over at the ring, the best of his abilities at least. "Want me to do the honors of slipping that ring on, or would you prefer me to put on a shirt first?" Chavdar smirked, humor touching his voice. Chavdar stole a glance from Vladimir, making sure that he did not jump off the bed or anything of the sort. Chavdar then focused on his amazing wife-to-be. How did a Zhefarovich get so lucky?

Rosaline's heart rate accelerated with excitement at the thought of Chavdar being her husband and her smile widened to a point where she was quite surprised at the feeling of her lips pulling so upwards. As he claimed that she didn't know how happy he was she responded with, "And you don't know how happy I am." She couldn't be more pleased and as he asked if he could put the ring on her she smiled lovingly and handed him the box and said, "Slip away."

Rosaline gently held out her left hand, and smiled at him. "I love you Chavdar," she said putting her right hand on his cheek being watchful of their daughter, still quite aware of Vladimir who was directly above Rosaline and playing with her auburn hair.

Chavdar happily took the box, and he carefully slipped the ring on the appropriate finger. His lips grazed the back of her hand, and he released it gently. Chavdar murmured, "I love you too, Rosaline." The engagement was set in stone, they were getting married, and Chavdar could not be any happier. He sat up, adjusting Zinaida as he did so, and he gave Rosaline a loving stare. This was just the beginning of their future. Hopefully they would wed when Hadan and Avrille were out in the summer. Perhaps invite over her other sister as well, Miriah was it? This was just the beginning of a beautiful family in the making.

Rosaline's cheeks flushed at the touch of Chavdar's lips on her hand and as he sat up she reached back for Vladimir's hands and carefully took his hands out of her hair so she too could sit up. As she did she turned her body around momentarily, not realizing that Chavdar's gaze was on hers until she was turned back around with Vladimir on her lap. She set her gaze on Chavdar's stormy one and adoringly placed a hand on his, but spoke nothing, however there wasn't any silence due to the gurgles of their children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back