Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
11" Holly with core of Unicorn hair
Dorie paced her house, cleaning as she did so. She had a hunch about today. She pouted slightly, missing her love, Prodan. They had been secretly writing while he was in Bulgaria. Dorie noticed her daughter on the couch, but paid no attention to her and her snake. Dorie smiled to herself, feeling honored though when she had beared two of his children. Although, considering she was only a Half-blood, Prodan's dad had taken him away from her, and even disowned her children from the family tree.

Dorie sat down on the couch beside her daughter, her blond hair moving as she moved her head. Her bright green eyes grew satisfied with the appearance of her house. She turned to her albino daughter. Dorie's light green sweatpants allowed her to move as freely as she deserved. Dorie stared at her young one. She did not inherit a single gene from her side, but all from the Zhefarovich side of the family.

Aleyha glanced up at her mother with her red eyes, as she paced the house. Aleyha rolled her eyes and continued to stare at Vera which rested upon her chest. Aleyha stroked the snake's green scales ever so gently. Aleyha smiled and said to Vera, "You have such soft scales." Aleyha felt Vera's tongue taste her skin, and it ticked Aleyha. She did not smile, however, when she saw her mother sit down. She never understood. How could she?

"Thank you, dearest Aleyha." Aleyha heard this and stared straight at Vera, her eyes wide. Vera had spoken again! Aleyha beamed, although did not know what to say.

Aleyha spoke back to Vera, unaware of the language she spoke, "You are beautiful for a snake as well..." Aleyha gave Vera some affection. Aleyha smiled to herself, which was not noticeable on her face. Aleyha paid no attention her her mother. All her happiness came from this green python in front of her.

Dorie heard Aleyha's soft voice, and saw that she was speaking to the snake. Dorie pulled out a book and turned to the page she had left from the night before. She heard a strange, hissing sound. She stared at Aleyha. She had done it! Dorie stared at her in shock, not knowing what to do or say. She had never heard anyone hiss before, nor did she know what it was. Dorie's breathing slowed a bit. Aleyha didn't notice that she had done what she did. How could she not?

A lightning flash blew into her mind. Aleyha had spoken before that the snake had talked to her. However, that was a few weeks ago... Could Aleyha have the gift of Parseltongue? Dorie shook her head, and dropped her book to the floor. My daughter...received the gift from Prodan's dead grandfather... How could that be? His grandfather was a pureblood. I guess blood doesn't matter in this case. Dorie decided not to tell her daughter, or even confront her about it.

If she had heard what she really heard, and told her that she may be a Parselmouth, and turns out she was hearing things, then it would break the little girl's heart.

Aleyha glanced back up at her mother. She heard the book drop, and Aleyha cocked her head to the side. "Mom? Why are you so shocked? I told you Vera could speak!" No one believed her. Except Austin, but that dimwit would believe anything. Aleyha glanced down at Vera, who was eying her, and looked as if she was smiling at Aleyha.

"She knows...ask her why you can speak to me, my dear." Vera spoke again. Aleyha only nodded in return.

"Mom? Can you hear Vera speak?" Aleyha did not know whether she wanted the answer to be yes or no. Aleyha felt happy, however, either way. Her and Vera could converse all night, and all day. Aleyha stroked Vera with ease and gentleness.

Dorie shook her head, hearing her daughter. She picked the book back up, and stared at Aleyha with pleading eyes. She gulped hard, nervous. Her daughter was a parselmouth. A cursed gift, or so they say. But maybe in her case, it is a bit better? Aleyha loves snakes. She carries Vera around all the time. It is...so natural, so to speak. Dorie sighed, and shook her head, "No, I do not hear Vera speak. All I hear is that tongue. That is it."

Dorie knew Aleyha would ask why, "I think you might be a parselmouth. If you want to know what that is, then just ask Vera." Her voice was saddened. Dorie did not know whether it was true. But if the snake answered her, then Aleyha repeat the words, that is how to know for certain. It was the only way. No matter what, though, she would love her daughter.

Aleyha turned to Vera, rather confused. A parselmouth? What on earth was that? Aleyha sighed and spoke to Vera, unaware of her hissing sounds, "Vera, what is a parselmouth? Mom asked me to ask you. What is it?" Aleyha watched Vera rise her head a bit.

"A parselmouth is a person who can speak the language parseltongue. It cannot be learned, or taught. It is the language of the snakes, my dear. It is extremely rare, and you received it from a Zhefarovich in the past, my dearest Aleyha." Vera finished.

"Thank you, Vera. You are very smart. Smarter than my brother, I think." Aleyha spoke in parseltongue again.

Aleyha turned to her mother, and repeated Vera's words in english, "A parselmouth is a person that can speak the language of the snakes. Parseltongue. It is a rare thing." Aleyha stroked Vera's head. Aleyha inquired in a sweeter voice, proud that she had the gift of the language of snakes, "Does that answer your question, mom?"

Dorie cursed in her mind. Aleyha was indeed, a parselmouth. This greatly disturbed Dorie. Aleyha was supposed to be her special little girl, and now, she was a strange little girl with a special gift. Dorie sighed, and shook her head. She turned back to her reading, and silently wished that the gift Aleyha had would just vanish. However, Dorie smiled to herself.

Aleyha loved snakes, and the gift might actually make her a bright child with a bright future, assumed Dorie. She flipped the pages, and read her book. Dorie would need to take Aleyha out soon, for clothing once she would become of age to go to Hogwarts. Dorie wondered what house Aleyha would end up in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back