A Day To Remember

Anthoney Hayes

Wand
Curly 9 Inch Rigid Cedar Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
[adminapproval=11156573]
It was a beautiful Spring day. December was his favourite time of the year, with Chirstmas just around the corner, and his beautiful partner tucked in his arm, Anthoney could not think that life could get any better. he placed a light kiss on her forehead as he pointed out things that would amazing her. Little boys playing with their replica little dragons. Little girls carrying around fluffy little creatures that Karen would never have seen. He did this carefully, however, as he knew that some would not accept Karen, but he did, and those people did not matter. The only thing the pureblood felt he lacked in his life, was a child. He had his daughter, naturally, and she was lovely. He loved her endlessly, and would never wish to replace her. However, he did want more children, and he knew that Karen wanted children. It was just a matter of timing. He was not sure they were ready just yet.

"And over there," he said, his finger gesturing to another store. "If where you can get robes." He laughed at her reply, his hand rubbing her upper arm. "Well, robes are really breezy," he insisted, blushing slightly. "They can be really drafty when it's cold and windy." He laughed with her, and guided her to Takarokaro Park, where they sat on a bench together. He put down the basket and reached for her hands. It was a bright day, and quite warm. The flowers were in bloom, and they were here together, having a wonderful day. "After some lunch, what do you want to do?" he asked, running his thumbs over the knuckles of her pale hands. "I was thinking we could go out for dinner tomorrow night, somewhere nice. That Italian resturant, remember it? They had the best wine."

Karen Hayes was absolutely excited to be wandering around the wizarding world again. It was not frequent that this happened after all, for most of her time were spent at home with Lilly and Tony, if not then some part of wherever where she and her partner would spend time at leisure. She missed home, she really did. The kindergarten, the kids, the other teachers. A lot of it. But she wouldn't trade any of it for the life she had been living since she and Tony decided to move in together. And no, it wasn't because of the wizarding world and all the wonders it possessed. No. It was merely a little red cherry on top of the whole dessert. What really made her life worthwhile was him and his daughter. Her life revolved around the two of them now, and though she and Tony had been wanting a child of their own, they were yet to have one and deemed that it was simply not the time. She was sure though that soon, that time would come.

Karen's eyes continued to wander as she and her partner wandered around the Brightstone Village as he calls it. He had been giving her a tour of the shops and they had been having the time of their lives despite the simple activity. As he gesture to the next shop, she couldn't help but scrunch up her nose. "Do I have to wear one of those?" she asked, not really sounding very pleased with the prospect of those dresses and robes clinging to her skin in the summer heat. "Are all dresses here long like in the stories? I mean, it's good for the winter, but... you know? Summer? Heat?" and if it was possible, just the thought of it made her nose scrunch up even more. "Don't you have like shorter versions or something?" the former teacher asked uncomfortably before she listened to her partner's reply on the matter until they reached the Takarokaro Park. He was right, the day was absolutely wonderful. "Can we lay down on the grass for a while and just look at the sky? The clouds look pretty today, and it's not everyday that we get to enjoy a park," she smiled at him before dragging him down with her to the grassy ground and immediately laying down, not even caring as she trusted him enough to do the same. With that done, she was seriously considering his offer for another date. She really wasn't one to refuse after all. "Hmm. The food was great too, yeah, we should go back there."

Anthony looked down at the grass, and shrugged to himself, and allowing her to drag him down to the grass. He laid on his stomach, his partner on her back, and smiled down at her, the majority of his weight held up on his forearms. "I'm sorry," he said, brushing a loose strand of hair from her face. "That we can't come here all the time." They could not some here because she was a muggle, and he hated having to say it. He hated having to explain to Karen why they couldn't do things that they would both like to, because it was not fair. "Buuut, going to a restaurant is totally the way to go. We can have Lilly babysat, although she is old enough o take care of herself - but she might get bored." He pulled out his wand and brought the basket to the ground and flicked it open. "We can eat down here." He looked around for a moment, and grinned when he saw no signs of ants.

He gave Karen a ham and cucumber sandwich, while he made himself a chicken and lettuce sandwich. He tapped their sandwiches together in an action often reserved for announcements at parties with glasses. "Karen, I have to admit, that I might have an ulterior motive," he said, running his tongue across his teeth awkwardly. "I know you love New Zealand - I mean, I moved you here. I know you loved England and you didn't want to move." He took a deep breath. "But, I was wondering if you'd like to move again?" He paused for a moment, before deciding to just info-dump his ideas. "Probably somewhere, like America. You love America, it would be absolutely amazing. An adventure! And you can teach there, I'm sure. And Lilly's very clever, she'll adapt to the change." He wore his most attractive smile, trying to get her to agree with him with a minimal amount of questioning. "What do you say?"

Karen smile never faltered as her partner resumed to laying on his stomach on the grassy ground, there faces mere inches apart. Though his words have made the smile temporarily disappear over his words. It wasn't that she was unhappy. It was more of along the lines of concern really. How could she not concern herself with this, he would apologize from time to time though she would only barely understand why. "Don't be," she told him softly as she let one of her hands cup his face gently, letting her thumb trace along his cheeks. "I appreciate it more because it doesn't happen all the time. Don't beat yourself up over this Tony," Karen said with a slightly stern tone, hoping that he would take her seriously this time. After all, she was frequently concerned as even though they were already partners, there would be times that he kept secrets from her, or if not secrets, then probably stuff he didn't intend to hide. She trusted him though. She always would. The smile on the woman's face was quick to return at the prospect of their date, and indeed, she now had something that she was excited about once again. "I'm looking forward to it now," she chuckled as she watched him prepare their food.

"Are you trying to charm me into agreeing Mr. Hayes?" the former teacher asked with an eyebrow raised as she continued munching the sandwich she held on her hand. She really didn't know what ran through this man's mind sometimes or would he really often forget the vow she had given him a few years back. "You don't have to cause my answer is yes," she chuckled as she for the moment stopped her munching and focused on her 'husband'. "It wasn't a real wedding yet, but I promised you, didn't I?" Karen spoke softly and sincerely as she looked into his eyes, as if she was relieving that small unofficial wedding they held just for the two of them. "No matter where you go, I follow. You don't need to think twice about it," the woman said as if it was the first and last time she'd be saying them. As if she and Tony were back at that special place, saying their vows to each other. She loved him so much, and it was at times like this that she would see how different the worlds they grew up in were. But she wouldn't care. Cause she absolutely had no intention on giving up on him like he didn't want to give up on her. Her sandwich forgotten, she supported her weight with her elbows and forearms as she attempted to get her face closer to this man in front of her that meant the world to her. "I love you so much Anthoney Hayes and don't you ever forget that," she said as she looked into her eyes with a small smile. He may have changed over the years, but her was still that same man she met at the bar, the meeting that she would never regret. With thoughts of him clouding her mind, all she could do was whisper before letting her lips meet his. "Ever."

He chuckled. "I would never use such tactics on you, my love," he replied, lying through his teeth as they shared a smile. He tilted his head slightly as he thought about the very, very private 'wedding' they had. It was so private that it was not a wedding at all, just an exchange of vows and promises and that was all that mattered. They occasionally returned to England, to their place in the beautiful forests. They were much greener than where he had come from, and so full of life that he was glad Karen had suggested usch a place for them. They had driven there, and he loved it when they went driving. He was terrible at working cars, but Karen knew what she was doing. They often went off road in that gigantic thing she drove, and it surprised him as she looked and acted like the kind of woman that would have one of those little cars he had seen women drive. She was kind and caring, and beautiful and clever, and yet she drove what she (somewhat) affectionately called a 'gas-guzzler'. He laughed to himself quietly. In any case, they shared a name, it was like the real thing anyway. In his eyes, they were married. "And I promised you," he replied, holding her hand on her abdomen affectionately.

"While we're full-naming," he muttered between kisses. "Ms. Karen Hayes." He pulled back, and sat up a little, flourishing his wand and conjuring her her favourite flower. He sniffed it, and then presented it to her, before stealing another kiss. "I love you." Once the flower was received, he ruffled her hair, effectively 'ruining the moment', as they were in public and there were children around, probably. "Now, we've had lunch, we've been very, very romantic - I even gave you a flower." He nodded firmly, grinning at her. "What would you like to do now? Shop? Go get some ice-cream? Check out the magical creatures store?"

The woman smiled at the words of her partner. "I do believe it has been used on me though," she replied with a small smile knowing that what she was saying was true. His charms were strongly effective on her after all, and in all honesty, she didn't mind being entranced in them every once in a while. In fact, she always loved every minute of it when he tried to get something he wants from her. Because she knew, no matter what, he wouldn't leave her, that he cared for her just as much as she cared for him. And the reason was that they were married. There were no witnesses, no documents. Nothing that could prove such happening, but in her eyes, mind and heart, they were tied with that kind of deep bond if not deeper. And she was always assured of that as she looks into his orbs. The woman sucked in a deep breath when he called her by her now full name. It never failed to hitch her breath whenever she heard him calling her by his own last name. It made everything to be a reality, a reality that only they would know. She watched with amazement as he made a red carnation appear from thin air. Karen always loved it when Tony would perform magic, whether it was for her or not, because she knew he enjoyed it, that it was part of his life. Though she had not expected the sudden kiss and it hadn't been helped that it brought a sudden spark of desire within her. She didn't even care if he tried to ruin the moment. "I would absolutely love to go to the magical creatures store again," she giggled at the memory of her last visit to one of the stores, though frankly she had other ideas in mind as she let her hand cup his cheek as she looked into his eyes with desire. They've been trying for a child, they've been wanting one of their own. And that's why there were some times that she couldn't keep her hands off of him just as much as he couldn't keep his off. Now was different though, for she barely cared who would see and where they were, for she knew not why these strong feelings were coming at her with a force. "But right now, I really want you now Tony."

Anthoney grinned at her, a wide grin that admitted all he had done. He then pecked her nose and chuckled. He looked up at the store when she mentioned the Menagerie, and made a note to go and visit it after this. If there was time. "Whatever you wish, Darling," he whispered to her. He laughed as she spoke once more, and tsked, shaking his head. "Karen, we're in public," he said, pretending to scold her. He stood up, and helped her stand as well, before beginning to pack away their things. He smiled over his shoulder at her. "Well, I did say we could do whatever you wished. I say we drop in at some shops, and then..." He approached her, and pulled her into a close hug. "We go and do... other fun things."

-FIN-​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back