A Day Out Of The House.

Ivy Diamond

Ivy walked down the familiar Bleak Street. It was one of her favorite places to go, seeing all the people. It made her happy. Most thought it wasn't a safe place that was true, but it stopped them from coming here, not her though. She continued to confide in the place that seemed to welcome here. It saddened her that Sage was already out and hadn't told her. Her brother and her had been planning to go out today together for months. She shrugged off the thought and continued walking.

Sage knew that if Ivy saw that he was gone, she would go to bleak street. He waited there for her; ready to startle her. Sure, Sage was an older gentlemen; but he still couldn't get over his childish pleasures. He still did so manyt immature things; he was a kid at heart really. No matter how old he got, or how many times he was told to sit down and shut up; he would still act the way he did. He hear the footsteps of his approaching target. He jumped out and yelled, "BOO!" He laughed afterward, waiting for her reaction.

Ivy was suprised and jumped a little. "SAGE, that was so not funny." She crossed her arms losely. She blew the hair out of her face and looked at him. She was laughing inside but if he knew that he would never stop.She smiled anyway. "Have you been here waiting the whole time?" She asked, it would be something he would do. She loved him anyway but some of his pranks had been a little harsh.

"Yeah, it was." He said with a slight smile. He always found amusement in his sisters anger. It was quiet adorable; in all honesty. She asked if he had been here the whole time, and he nodded. "Yep, I have. Just waiting for my moment to attack." He made a little 'grr' noise at his sister, then laughed again. "So, sis, what do you want to do today?"

Ivy smiled, he was so funny sometimes. She looked at him seriously, though to show she wasn't amused. She looked at him and shook her head and sighed. "What ever you want to do is fine." They had planned a day at the beach but maybe he forgot. It was fine she was upset but still smiled. She looked at him, she wouldn't blame him, it was impossible for her to be mad at him.

"Well, if i recall correctly, lil sis wanted to take me to the beach." He smiled. He wasn't very bright, but he wouldn't forget something that was important to his sister. His siter was the most important thing in his life; he had always been protected by her, she was the best. He would not want anyone else to be related to him.

Ivy smiled, he was the best brother a girl could have. She was horrible though. She had never been able to tell him. After their parents died, she couldn't find the heart. They would have told him but they thought he was to young. "And to think I thought you forgot." She grinned he was so good to her, maybe that's why she loved him more than a relative. She looked up at him, maybe she would tell him soon.

"How could I forget! I mean you made me go bikini shopping with you!" He exclaimed, looking disgusted. He was so immature that he wasn't really even into women. He had never had a girlfriend, though plenty of women had hit on him. He had the rugged look that made women fawn; that was until they realized that he thought they had cooties.

Ivy laughed, something she didn't do very often. She looked at him and smiled, he was the only one who knew how. She started to walk next to him at his pace. She had her new swimsuit on under her tank top and shorts. It was a little windy, but she didn't care, nothing could spoil the one day she got to have with her brother. She hummed a tune that their mother had always used when she was happy. It hurt her a little to think about her mother but she knew she would want her to be happy. "You offered to take me to the mall, so blame yourself." She giggled.

He stuck his tongue out at her, and started walking beside her. "Prove it!" he said with a slight laugh, adjusting his tank-top; something he didn't wear often. Generally he was parading around in the little monkey suits; trying to get a job. He wanted to be able to support his sister; she was all he had left. To push the thoughts from his mind, he poked her in the side; just to get another laugh out of her.

Ivy smiled. Her brother was so silly, child like was more like it. But he was her best friend and she liked that. They were all they had, each other and they were closer because of it. He poked her in the side and she squeaked a bit. She laughed, "I asked and you said yes, you don't have to poke my ticklish spot, just because you know I'm right." She stuck her tounge out at him and ran a head a bit. "You can't even catch me!" She grinned/

He smiled at her. She was very ticklish, her one strong weakness. He loved it though; it was funny. He couldn't help but laugh. He stopped for a second when she ran ahead. "no fair! Cheater!" He yelled catching up. "You didn't warn me, Cheater!" He yelled, trying to grab her shoulder. He was glad that she could also be as childish as what he was. Though he was the only one she was like that to.

Ivy knew she wouldn't be able to stay ahead of him for long, but tried to shake him off by dogging people at the last second. "Well at least I cheat fair!" She smiled, her brother could really bring the child right out of her. She felt him almost grab her shoulder and she went way to left and stopped compleatly. She laughed, trying to catch her breath.

He rolled his eyes at her comment. "There is so no such thing! There is no fair cheating when your name is Ivy!" He yelled, dodging a woman, and then a man. He soon caught her, she wasn't faster then him. He believed it was because she was a girl; another childish way of viewing things. He smiled at her; "haha, you loose! Cheaters never win!" He shouted breathlessly. "i knew you'd loose. Girls never win either!"

Ivy smiled as he caught her. "I wouldn't say that though, you have to give cheaters and girls there fair chance with everything." He veiwed everything like a child but it was alright with her. She had on heels which probably hadn't helped with the race, that she took off because they were nearing the beach and she didn't want to get sand in them.

"Sissy!" He called out with a smile. He had found a small grand daddy long leg, and wanted to show her. He didn't remember whether girls liked those things, let alone his sister. If she didn't, then she didn't have to look at it. He let it crawl on his arm, and smiled as it happened. The gray sweater made the brown of the spider stick out.

Ivy looked at her brother to see a daddy long leg crawling up his arm, "Sage bu-ut the spider down-n." She studered she really didn't like spider's. She knew it was bad luck to kill daddy long legs, so she just took a step back and tried to smile at her brother. she just really hoped he didn't put the spider on her.

Sage didn't step closer, but looked curiously at her. "But, Ivy, it's an innocent daddy long leg. Why should I?" He asked. The tone in his voice held both curiosity and defiance. He liked spiders; they were interesting little creatures. 8 legs, and an un-countable amount of eyes. There was nothing scary about them in his opinion.

Ivy lied a little and said, "Because if you accidently kill him it will rain 7 days strait." It was a legend but it would probably work to make Sage put the spider down. She managed to smile and waited to see if he would buy it or if she would have to think of something else. She looked up and saw a few clouds, hovering close to the sun, it was very pretty.

He had heard of the superstition before; but, never listened to it when someone else said it. But, if Ivy believed it, then it must have been very true. So carefully and slowly he set it down. It scurried away from him, and he kicked a small petal. "That's no fun." He said pouting slightly. He had always been pouty over these types of things.

Ivy smiled and whispered a thanks. She watched the spider run away. "Well he's happier that way and can go back to his family." She said trying to make her brother feel better. "Besides, look we are at the beach now." She felt the sand beneath her toes and took in the sweet sea air. It was nice to be back to the ocean.

He looked down when she mentioned family. He missed his parents; his family. Ivy was all that he had, though he wanted more. He felt like he needed more then what he had. Ivy was content, but, she also had a strong mentality. He smiled though at her and nodded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back