A day off

Viola P. Wilkes

OOC First Name
Sienna
Wand
Cedar Wand 13 3/4" Essence of unicorn hair. Silver tear string..
Violas urge to get to know the castle as her own pockets made her continue up to the seventh floor.
She had spent the main of her afternoon in the library trying to catalog her DADA books and had crossed every page with her eyeys to be able to mark every new chapter with a small note. The titles of the chapters had been amazingly fascinating and she already felt an eager to get to know more.
This wasn't unusual for her. She had learned it from her mother. And Viola planned to make the same love with all her books, later on. But now it was time for adventure and mystery-revealing.
With her bag on her shoulder, and with the three heavy books in it, she now made her way through corridors she had never set her foot in before. She felt excitement tickle all over her body and a smile covered her rather pale face. Viola felt it as if she was a bit out of her territorium, this was after all the corridor where Gryffindors had ther dorms.

The young gryffindor had known that second year would require more work than his first year but it was just their first week and they had so much homework not to mention the long lessons. Only the History of Magic Professor had been nice to them and had made a short lesson out of the first class but Professor Rambolt and Ava had given them homework and lot of information to digest just in their first week. The only fun thing that had happened so far with the young Gryffindor were the tryouts for Qudditch where once again he had tried for chaser. He hoped to make it into the team this year and not just as an alternate. Shutting his textbook with a small thud, he slid his feet into his boots and decided to stretch his legs and take a walk. He walked out of the common room and watched as the torch in the corridor automatic lit with fire illuminating the passage. He wandered a little, no proper thoughts in his head as he watched the very familiar portraits of witches and wizards. Taking a cut he came to an abrupt halt realizing that he bumped into someone. "Sorry" he said quickly apologizing to the person who had become his victim. He noticed that she was a girl, someone he had seen getting sorted this year although he couldn't remember her house. He did know the girl from England. She had been at a few parties his family had attended. "Are you okay?"he asked hoping he had not hurt her.

Viola looked at the portraits. They seemed very much like something you could find in a museum. Except these ones moved and wanted to have a conversation with you. She didn't like these paintings. They were whispering with eachother as she walked past. ''Is it a Slytherin girl?" "Yes, yes, it is." "Is she lost?" "She is small for a serpent."
She talked back. "No, I'm not lost. Yes I am a Slytherin. And I'm walking around to get to know the castle." she stopped for a while and looked at the paintings. She wouldn't take insult from paintings, she simply stopped listening.

She was just standing there when someone bumped into her with a bony elbow. "What on bloody earth! I'm walking here!"

She only saw a red school jumper. A Gryffindor off course! "Back off! I'm fine!'' she said before she realized she'd seen him before.
"Kyle?!" her eyes grew bigger and she warmed up from her statuelike expression. "Sorry for screaming at you, I thought it was someone else. Some idiotic Gryffindor," she said. "-well not you." she added fast. "Y-you're a Gryffindor?" she then stated.

She had dropped her bag and then leaned over to pick it up.

Kyle flinched as the words from Viola came. He hadn't expected her to be so angry about this. He was sure he had not hurt her or knocked her down. "Easy there, Viola" he said with a grin as he watched her eyes widened and recognition of him hit her. He had met her a year back and she looked taller and more grown up. He laughed as she said 'idiotic Gryffindor'. It was not that he enjoyed hearing bad things about his house but seeing the first year already have so much hate against his house was a bit disturbing. He looked at her, wondering what her statement meant. Did she think he would be more suited for another house? "Gryffindor's not bad" he told her, maintaining his smile in place. He leaned and helped her with the books that had dropped out of her bag. "You're not Ravenclaw-are you?"he asked wondering what Viola was doing with all these books just in her first week. She had certainly not seemed the studious type at the party.

Viola looked up at the also much taller Kyle and for a flick of a second wondered if he would recognize her. He did. She then got a book from his hands. ''No, I'm -not- a Ravenclaw. How could you ask such a thing?'' she said feeling hurt, but then smiled. ''People that are brave go to Gryffindor... You certainly are the kindhearted one.'' she added. ''For me gryffindor would be death.'' she put her books back in her bag. ''It's DADA, I want to know of the chapters... Even if no real knowledge can come from just reading something.'' She sighed and looked around to see if there were anyone around who sould see her talking to a Gryffindor. ''You're kind, but.. I'm a Slytherin. I don't know if such a pair should be seen together as the paintings already whispered -unpolitely-'' she said the last word a little louder so the paintings would hear. ''about me being here on the senventh floor.'' She dragged him away to behind a statue. '''How are you doing? And don't laugh at me for keeping tradition.'' she said as she saw something in his eyes.

Kyle watched Viola taking offense on being called a Ravenclaw. "One of my good friends is a Ravenclaw!" he said in protest hoping to explain the newbie to stop her prejudice against all the houses. He smiled as she called him kind and brave and laughed at her exaggeration of dying if she were in Gryffindor. Kyle watched amused as Viola talked about the paintings whispering things to her. "Don't mind them. They are just bored" he said watching the painting and giving an apologetic smile to them and then to Viola. He was taken by surprise as she dragged him to stand behind a statue. The space was small but enough for them yet Kyle did not like hiding this way. "I'm great" he said with as smirk as he watched the corridor hoping to convince her to talk in some place nice like the student lounge. "Of course. I understand. I'm in Gryffindor after my mom but could have been in Ravenclaw like my dad" he said to her with a smile. "With all Outstandings last year other than Herbology I would have to say I could be in all houses" he said with a wink.The corridor was empty and he turned to Viola "You shouldn't care about other people or portraits" he told her hoping she would understand. "Why don't we go to the Student lounge? Or a classroom" he asked hoping she would agree to his offer.

"Nonetheless I'm no Ravenclaw no matter what. And never will be." Viola continued trying to make her point of view clear to him. "That's not funny, I'm serious Kyle. I really would've died. I would've turned inside out and turned green and died." she continued as he didn't take her seriously.
She looked back at the paintings and didn't like them eavesdropping on them. ''Bored and sneaky.'' she said as she pulled him away.
She actually smiled at him, the little serpent girl actually smiled. When he answered her question she wondered what grades had to... "What do grades have to do with what house you're in?" she honestly wondered.
They stood in a corner behind a statue. This was stupid. Her voice in her head told her to stop this nonsense right now. Her fathers voice. Stop playing games, you're a big girl now... ''It's disrespectful not to care about other peoples opinions.'' she looked up at him. ''I don't want to go somewhere crowded.'' she said, hoping that he wouldn't take offence and would understand her request. ''Please Kyke? I don't know everything just yet. Where's the student lounge?''

Kyle stopped smiling and nodded before he said "Okay..okay". He did not want to argue with Viola because they both knew she would win and he would get tired. However standing behind the statue was something that they wouldn't be doing anymore no matter what people thought. "You only care about what people who like you think about you. You don't care about the general mass because everyone has a different opinion." he said explaining Viola with a smile as he held her hand and decided to lead her to an empty classroom instead.He knew his words were easily said then done but he had to tell her to live how she wanted otherwise she would just be bullied. "Its on the fourth floor but it will be crowded. Better head to a classroom" he said hoping that the empty classroom would be unlocked and not too dusty. After a corner they arrived to a class. Kyle turned the door knob and luckily it was unlocked. Pushing the wooden door in he held the door open for Viola to enter first. "All Ravenclaws always have good grades" he said stating the fact like he knew it. He took his wand out of his pocket and pointed it to the oil lamps in the class. He then did another simple spell and removed some dust from one of the benches. "Keeping sorting aside, how are you finding Hogwarts and New Zealand so far?"he asked the younger Slytherin girl. He had expected that other kids from London would probably go to Hogwarts Scotland but he found many coming to New Zealand.

She smiled with triumph that he gave up on the argument. She knew she was right. But when Kyle started talking, he confused Viola alot. "What? I do? care about other people? what?" She followed him as he started on dragging her along she shaked her head. ''No, I don't want to go." she sighed after a few more seconds. ''Okay, fine let's go then!"
She entered the classroom. "Enough about Ravenclaws. Why do you like them? A girl you like?" not polite but not cocky either.
"I love Hogwartz! It's the best place in the world. I love it. I really do. I'm just having some trouble with some lessons and getting used to getting up so early and not feeling spoiled that you live at school."

Having Viola in his radius and listening to her talk so excitedly made him forget what he had said to her before. "Never mind"he said as he sighed with relief as he accepted to go to the empty classroom. Once they arrived to one that seemed like it was not used a lot Kyle opened the door and let himself in and held it open for Viola like a proper gentleman. He used his wand to remove the dust from the teacher's table and chair. He sat on the chair facing all the other benches and thought how it would be like to be a Professor. "I'm glad you like it" he said as Viola told him she loved Hogwarts. "You planning on joining any clubs?"he asked wondering what Viola was interested in these days. Kyle laughed as Viola asked if he liked a girl from Ravenclaw. "No. None of them are as fun as you" he said teasing Viola and slightly flirting with her. It was weird because Kyle never flirted with anyone. Not even Rose or Hayley. Maybe because Viola was more close to him and he knew her from long time he could easily tease her.

Viola liked the gentlemen mannors and entered the door.
"I'll be in the Slytherin Quidditch team. Other than that, no clubs. And, no there have been no try-outs yet, but I know I will get a chance and be a part of the team. I just know I'll be."

She smiled and laughed at his remark about her being more fun than any Ravenclaw girl. "Yeah, as if! You silly Gryffindor boy. I know you like someone, I can see it on you. You don't fool me Kyle. Anyway, you're probably too young to care anyway aren't you? You ever heard that? My siblings tell me that all the time, it makes me so angry. I'm not too young, but they think I am no matter what we're discussing or talking about. You know that I'm fun. I'm a Slytherin, what's no fun about that?"

Kyle nodded as Viola said she would be in Slytherin Qudditch team. He did not see her for a few years and did not know how good she was at flying but he liked her confidence. Kyle laughed as Viola continued to insist that Kyle secretly liked someone. If Kyle had not known Viola from before he would have probably took it the wrong way but he knew this Slytherin girl was just born this way. Crazy and fun. Although Kyle was normally serious but he needed to chill at times and for those times teasing and crazy talk was just the thing he needed. "Well, you are right" he said making a serious face. He was going to beat Viola at her own game. "I show that I'm too young to care but in fact I am interested in this blonde Slytherin who happens to be sitting right in front of me" he said teasing her and then laughing his heart out.

"Oh but you're not too young to care, right? So. Spill out you're secrets. Is there a certain someone you're battering your eyelids for?" he asked as he took a seat on one of the benches. Kyle was enjoying himself as he teased Viola some more. He knew that he was one of the few who could tolerate her and he also knew that she knew that so no matter how much he teased her she was not going to be upset and leave.

Viola liked the sole company of Kyle. She didn't need to keep up a face or a facade, she could simply be herself. Something she appreciated more than skipping a class or make a mean comment to a failing attempt at mounting a broom.

She actually paused for a moment stunned about his change in expression. "You said what?" then she got it. "Oh, you! I wouldn't go out with you even if you were the last one on the planet!" she bit back a bit hurt that she'd fallen for his silly tease.

"No, I'm not too young to care, as I said." she said wiseacre. "And you mister, don't have to tease me about it just because you can't take a simple joke." she continued. All of it a little bitter. Within she hoped that he wouldn't ltake it all too seriously, and actually she assumed he would know this is the way she is. "I have this silly Gryffindor boy with almondy eyes that I like quite a bit. But I would NEVER tell him about it. Not even if he was sitting in front of me." she smiled now. Back into her normal kind of mood around him.

"So, who are you hiding from? Why aren't you studying?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back