A day at the lawn

Bianca Petrescu

Wand
Mahogany Wand 14" Essence of Unicorn Hair
Bianca sat under a huge oak tree that stood on the lawn. It's branches providing some shade from the sun, yet still letting enough light through the canopy of leaves to read. She opened the book and tried to remember where she was. She flipped pages until she found her page. She was deep in her book but she wouldn't mind some company either.

Aurora decided to take a walk inorder to freshen up.She had been doing her homework for an hour and she was really up for some refreshment.She walked across the lawn making her way to the lakefornt when she spotted Bianca reading a book under a large oak tree.She knew her name because her elder sister had told Aurora about her.She went up to her to introduce herself.
"Hi."she greeted her sitting down beside her."You are Bianca right?Your sister told me about you."she explained."I'm Aurora Hades.Rawenclaw."she said introducing her self.

[ This thread is supposed to be for me and Benji Rouzeer only. But since i typed open by accident, welcome! :D ]

Bianca looked up when she realized that someone had just came over and spoke to her. She wished it was Angus,Benji or James, but it was a girl's voice. She looked up and smiled at the girl she had met once in the HOM class. The Ravenclaw girl, had slipped a note in the pile of HOM worksheets which Bianca had been instructed to distibute out to her classmates.

"Hi. And you got that right,I'm Bianca! Nice to meet you Aurora. I'm a Hufflepuff. So what brings you here on this hot humid day?" Bianca asked sweetly wishing that she had said the correct thing. She was well-known in her previous school for blurting out things she she didn't want people to know, and she didn't want to do the same mistake at Hogwarts.

((Sorry, :( .I guess now this should be the RP that we were planning :D ))
"You see I was really tired of doing homework so I thought I'd take a walk and freshen up."she replied.Seeing that Bianca had a book in her hand he asked,"What book is that?"
Aurora was a bookworm and that really cut her off from socializing and hanging out with friends.

"Its called 'Hogwarts-A History'. I enjoy reading books, even muggle ones. Like the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. What about you? And do you want to sit here? There's shade here." Bianca asked politely, as she moved a little to her left.

"Yeah,I've read this book.It's pretty good.I also love reading.I am a real bookworm."she said sitting down beside Bianca."I'm not allowed to read any muggle books or stuff.My Father restricted me from associating with muggles.But now I'm at Hogwarts and he is at home so he cant stop me!"she said punching the air with a fist.

Benji was dreamily walking through the grounds, taking in the wide open space. He had always imagined what it would be like to be free an now he had his opportunity. He pause for a second and then ran, ha ran his fastest ever and then lept into the air, landing in a small pile of leaves.
He laid back looking up at the sky, great happiness coursed through his veins.
He tilted his head to the side and then sat up.
His friend Bianca was sitting under a nearby tree, with a girl he didn't really know but believed her to be Aurora. He made his way over, brushing over the few leaves that were stuck to him.
"Hi, guys," he said to them. "How's it going? You mind if I sit with you?"

Bianca smiled at Aurora. "I have a quite a number of interesting muggle books. I could lend you some." Just as Bianca finishes answering, Benji Rouzeer joined them.

"Hi Benji! Sure, do join us! How are you today? And this is Aurora. Have you both met?" Bianca asked enthusiastically.

"I'm absolutely ecstatic!" Benji said a little over excitedly. "How about you?". He quickly brushed the last few leaves stuck to his shoulder onto the ground so's not to look foolish.
"No I don't believe we have met properly." he said to Bianca. "I'm Benji Rouzeer, nice to meet you," he said smiling, his head tilted slightly to the side.
He took a seat beside Bianca, relaxing against the tree trunk. "Hey wotcha reading?" he asked her, upon noticing her book.

[ Haha. Your character Benji is so happy-go-lucky and esctatic! ]

Bianca smiled sweetly at Benji. "I'm fine. Thanks for asking. Its called 'Hogwarts-A History'. I enjoy reading books, even muggle ones. Like the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. What about you? Do you like reading books Benji?" Bianca asked sweetly. Bianca moved more, giving more space for Benji to sit, so he could sit in the shade.

Benji edged closer to the tree, into the shade when Bianca moved aside to make him some room.
"Yes, I do very much like reading. Mainly sci-fi and magical kinda stuff, although I didn't get much of a chance to read back home. My step father made sure I didn't have anything to do with magic anywhere near me not even books written by muggles. He was very anti witch and wizard you see" Benji said with disappointment, his smile had left his face.
"Ah well, I'm at Hogwarts now so I'll do whatever I want." he continued. He looked up, toward the sky and his smile returned. "Yep, whatever I want."

Bianca looked at Benji in surprise. "Why did your step-dad step make sure that you didn't have anything to do with magic anywhere near you and not even books written by wizards? Why was he anti wizard and witches?" Bianca asked in fascination. "So Benji, are you excited about the TriWizard Tournament?" Bianca asked sweetly, smiling a little as she glanced at the castle.

(sorry for posting late)

"That would be cool."she commented on Bianca's idea.Just then a boy joined them.Aurora remembered seeing him during the sorting ceremony and knew that he was a hufflepuff but didnt remember his name.
"Nice to meet you too."she said sweetly.She listened to what Benji though about Reading and said,"My Father wouldnt let me read muggle books and stuff.I guess we were in simmilar situations.He was anti-muggle."she finished.she too was curious about Benji's background.

Benji took a deep breath, he didn't like to talk about his home life because he hated it so much but he felt safe around Bianca and Aurora so he began to explain.
"Well my real father, a wizard, walked out on the family when I was young and my mother, a muggle remarried a year later to the foulest, most evil muggle you could ever meet. He was very proud of being a muggle and upon finding out what I was, shunned me. He saw me as a freak of nature, not deserving to be amoung anyone else. To this day I don't know the real reason why.
He would keep me away from everyone else, locked up in my room. He also made sure though, that I didn't come into contact with anyhting that even hinted at the use of magic. I think he feared what I cold have done with it.
He turned my mother against me too. She would also keep me away from the people she use to accept as my friends.
When the two had a child together, a daughter a year after their marriage, I wasn't even allowed in the same room as her. My step father must have feared I would hurt her. I think he was the one hurting her the most though.
This horror went on for 7 years, until one day I got the letter. The one that said I'd been accepted into Hogwarts. I remember feeling complete relieved and a sence of freedom that day, something I hadn't felt in years. I pack what little things I owned that very night and ran away from home."
He turned to the girls, a couple of tears rolling down his cheek.
"The rest you know, I'm here as a Hufflepuff student and I love being free from horror, hence the running and jumping" he said with a smile.
"Oh and yea, the tri-wizard tournament should be awesome," he continued, syill smiling.
He turned back toward the sky and took a deep breath. "Freedom..." he mumbled and trailed off.

Aurora was shocked after hearing Benji's story.Somehow she knew that some muggles had the total medieval attitude towards magic but this was really cruel.
"Thats sad Benji.But where are you going to go during summer holidays?"she asked him.She was sure that he wouldnt go back to his old house.So she wasnt sure.
"Its gonna be grand.I'm really excited."she added her own opinion.

"Well this year I intend to find and contact my real father" Benji said in responce to Aurora's question. "I'm gonna find where he actually lives, cause last I heard it was Russia. Then I'm gonna see if I can live there during summer. Him being a wizard I don't think he should mind." Benji bit his lip again, but this time because he was scared his father may not want to know him.
"Anyway, thats the plan," he said, trying to lighten the mood with a smile. Though he couldn't help but feel as if he had turned the whole atmosphere of being outside relaxing, sour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back