A Dark Secret

Theodore Snow

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Hawthorn Wand 13" Essence of Serpent Scale
Somewhere within the darkness of the Dungeons, Theodore sat rigidly against the stone wall. Theodore was tightly gripping the letter he had just recieved frim his Uncle tightly in his pale hands. A look of confusion and anger was clearly etched onto his usually calm feature face.

'What kind of family is this?! Who would lie to a kid all his life then suddenly one day decide to tell him he's been living a lie?!' Theodore slammed his fist into the floor roughly trying his best to take away his confusion.

Lifting his hand he saw a faint hint of blood but ignored it. Inseatd Theodore let his fall back to rest on the wall as he breathed angrily.

Abbey, who had just been with Nina, was walking back down to the Dungeons in a rather cheery mood. She had her friend's sewing kit tucked neatly under her arm, with her wand firmly gripped in her hand, and drapped at the side. When she did reach the dungeons she murmured, "Lumos," and the tip of her wand, that she had inherited from her Dad, lit up brightly.

As Abbey walked closer to the Slytherin house she heard a small bang. Her eye brows rose, and smiled wearily. It was probably some first year making a potion that went horribly wrong. She continued on, when her eyes spotted a figure of a boy sitting on the hard floor. She focused more, so the light would go brighter, and saw that it was Theodore.

Abbey wondered why Theodore was sitting there with a bit of a sour puss on. "Theodore?" she asked shakily, before adjusting her skinny jeans. She looked down at the blond boy, and saw the blood on his hand, she frowned. Had Theodore gotten into a fight? And if he had with who? "Are you okay?" the Slytherin asked her beau gently, sitting down beside him. He didn't look like he was in the mood to speak to anyone, but just being next to him when he was so angry was a large step for Abigail and she wasn't going to retract it unless he asked her to leave.

Theodore glanced up at Abbey with his eyes, but not bother to lift his face. He felt a sense of fear but relief wash over him when he had seen that it was only her. God forbid if it had been Alyssa or someone else. Slowly taking his bloody hand and placing it into his lap Theodore snorted. He wasn't trying to be rude, but he was upset and felt the need to be angry at everything.

"You shouldn't be roaming around here so late." Theodore answered instead of anwering if he was okay or not. His hand was the smallest of his problems. Theodore casually tried to move the letter so he could hide it from Abbey's view.

When Theodore snorted Abbey scowled, she was only trying to help and didn't see why he had to be so rude to her. She was worried for him, was that such a sin? "You shouldn't be roaming around here so late." She scoffed in the same unpleasant tone and demeaning fashion he was using towards her. "You have got to be kidding me," she said to him.

Abbey didn't sleep, and roaming all night was what she did. She was so small that no Professor's had ever caught her. As long as she was awake it didn't matter. She noticed Theodore shuffle some parchment out of the corner of her eyes, and a worried crease formed between her eye brows. Her anger had deminished, and now she was only worried for Theodore. "What happened Theo?" she breathed, daring to place a hand on his shoulder, trying to be as calming and soothing as possible, while hoping that he didn't think she was prying into his personal life.

Abbey realized that she had called Theodore, Theo. She didn't like calling him that for some reason. She hadn't actually called him this since their first meeting. She rolled her eyes at her own fickle thoughts. What did it matter if she called him Theo or Theodore?

Theodore raised his eyebrows before sighing and pulling the letter from out of his lap. He casually held it up to Abbey to she could grab it. Theodore figured this would explain far better then he could ever sum up in words.

Theodore,

Somehow I regret having to write to this to you now. But at the same time I feel relieved to tell you something I probably should have told you many years ago. It probably would save a lot of question if I had, but I must admit that I feared this moment.
Leon and Elise are not your actual parents. You were given to them a few days after your birth as it was believed they could not have children. Your actual birth parents are Margaux and myself. You you are in fact My Son. You were born December 12th, which also leads me to also tell you that you are also a Fraternal twin to Alyssa and an elder brother to Bijou.
I know this must be hard, but things will be further explained to you sometime this summer. I have already sent a letter to Alyssa as well.

-Alphonse Snow

Abbey anxiously took the piece of parchment from Theodore as he offered it to her. She pressed her wands to it and read the letter, her violet eyes widening with shock at each word. When she finished reading it, she folded it up, aligning the creases with eachother.

Abbey leaned back, and sat in silence for a moment. She wasn't sure what to say to Theodore. When she thought of something to say, she turned her body towards him, and handed him the letter carefully. She decided that she wouldn't apologize to him, knowing that if she were in his position she wouldn't want pity or any sympathy. "Guess that's why you and Alyssa look so much like each other," she smiled weakly.

Theodore quickly grabbed the letter from Abbey and placed it back onto his lap carefully. A look of pure confusion had now made it's way onto Theodore's face. He didn't understand how they could do this for years then finally tell him, through a letter!! They could've at leats waited until school was over, or told Alyssa first. If they had told her first she probably would've told Theodore herself. But why tell him and expect him to deal with the thought og knowing.

"They lied to me. My whole life is......I don't even know what it is anymore. I can't have a twin." Theodore muttered calmly as he gripped the letter tightly again, hoping that maybe if he squeezed it hard enough, it would disappear and prove to him that it was just some big joke.

Abbey looked at Theodore softly. "Theodore, I know how it must feel," she said gently, placing her hand on his cheek soothingly and softly. "They just wanted you to live a normal life as if your Aunt and Uncle were your parents, try to put yourself in their shoes," she said strainfully.

Abbey put her hand back down on her own lap, and looked up at Theodore, wondering if he would just ask her to leave or if she was actually doing any good at all. She sighed deeply, and looked at Theodore. He had two sets of parents that supposively cared for him and she didn't have one. Jealousy spewed from from her as she thought of how unfair things were compared to his life to hers, but she stayed relatively emotionless and her violet eyes darkened with frustration, a trait that was common in her family.

"I know your probably thinking that I have nothing to whine about because I actually have parents. The things is; the man I thought was my father beat me. If they told me sooner I could've felt less of a mistake then I had been feeling." Theodore sighed and looked at Abbey with a small pleading look.

Theodore casually brought his arm around Abbey's shoulders and sighed. It was sort of like a friendly embrace to show her he wasn't mad at her for coming down here and attempting to comfort her. She helped greatly, but Theodore knew the topic of parents was never an easy subject for her.

"I know you miss your parents. But think of it like this; I never really got to know my that well either." Theodore said trying his best to slightly comfort her.

Abbey looked up at Theodore, and sighed, how could she stay mad at him? "I know you told me," she said gently. She shuffled in closer to him, wrapping her arms around Theodore in return. "I don't miss them, you can't miss someone you never knew, I'm mad at them," she huffed. It was her first time admitting her anger towards her parents. "You still have a chance to know yours Theodore, I don't I never will," she murmured.

Abbey's gaze softened and she looked ahead of her. "I'm sorry to be so selfish when you need a friend," she whispered apologetically. "Theodore, I'm assuming that your parents didn't know that they were leaving with you with two people that would hurt you, so don't be upset with them, they were trying to be helpful to your adoptive parents," she said soothingly.

"Alp-....I mean uh...my dad...should've known that his brother was crazy. I mean he was obsessed with the Dark Arts." Theodore muttered bitterly. There was no way on earth that it could've slipped by anyone's notice that Leon was out of his right mind. The man pretty much lived in his basement studying every form of Dark Spell possible. Maybe the family had just tried to ignore him, the Snows were trying to clear their family after all. Theodore suddenly turned to Abbey and gave her a soft smile.

"I know it seems like your mad; but rest assured that no matter where they or where you are, they will alwyas be watching and loving you." Theodore answered calmly.

But after a moment or two he couldn't take all the tension and turned to Abbey with a soft smile. "So....is it almost hard to believe that Alyssa is my twin or what?" Theodore asked while making fun oh what used to be his cousin.

Abbey smiled softly, Theodore always knew what to say to make her feel better, which at the moment made her feel a bit worse about herself, she was supposed to make him feel better, not the other way around, but the subject of family had always been a touchy subject for her. She too felt the building tension between them, and was relieved when Theodore asked her what she thought about Alyssa and Theodore being twins.

"Not surprising at all," Abbey smiled. "Does this mean your part veela or something?" she asked curiously. She rolled her eyes at herself, it was a bit embarassing that she had just asked that, but still was curious what Theodore's answer would be.

"Can boys be Part-Veela?" Theodore asked quietly as his eyes twitched once. He knew how it worked when a girl was Part-Veela. But he was very usnure about how it would be if a guy was a veela. Does that mean a guy would be beautiful? Or very handsome.

Abbey pursed her lips thoughtfullyand tucked her hair behind her ear in thought before saying, "I think so." Her answer was purely based on how she acted when she was around Theodore, but then again that could just be because of her feelings about him. "I mean that is how full veela's work, right?" she smiled. "Though that name isn't exactly manly," she laughed, after using a gruff voice when she said manly.

Abigail looked up at Theodore, her violet eyes twinkling with adoremant. She leaned up and kissed his cheek softly and blushed wildly before leaning back down. She barried her head in his chest affectionately.

Theodore rolled his eyes playfully before leaning over to kiss Abbey's cheek softly. Theodore hoped that it wasn't just that fact that he may be Part-Veela that attracted Abbey the way it did. He hoped she atually liked him, because he really liked her.

"So, if i'm a Veela....DOES THAT MEAN YOU THINK I'M PRETTY?!" Theodore asked loudly, trying his best to tease Abbey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back