A Dance?

Tyson Huntly

Tyson knew the Yule ball was coming up soon, and had been wanting to ask Lisa, but wasn't sure how. I thought Gryffindors were supposed to be brave? he thought sarcastically, as he ascended the stairs to the North Tower. He knew that the real reason he was hesitant about asking her, was because he was afraid she would say no.
Might as well give it a go he thought, when he reached the top. He had chosen the time of day, when the sun had just gone down, and the sky was a dusky purple-blue.

Tyson had sent Lisa an owl this morning, with a scribbled note to meet him here. Walking over to the barrier, he looked down at the ground. His stomach did an uncharacteristic flip. Usually he wasn't afraid of heights, but the nerves of asking Lisa to the ball were getting to him. He had chucked ona shirt, jeans and shoes, and before he had left, picked up a jacket from his bed.
Sliding down the wall, Tyson came a sit, as he waited for Lisa.

Lisa ascending the North Tower, breathing heavily; the steps were steep, and she really had to stretch to reach the next one. Who said small was cool, she muttered to herself, but consoled herself with the fact of who was waiting for her at the top of the stairs. She could have squealed when she read Tyson's note, and sent Prince flying as soon as she wrote a reply.

She had finally reached the top. "Hey, Tyson," she greeted him, leaning over and breathing heavily. "Those stairs are steep," she laughed, having recovered a little. She stood straight and gazed around at the gloom. Twilight; the one time of day her scars weren't noticeable.

Tyson jumped up quickly when Lisa emerged at the top of the tower
"Hey" he said, smiling in his usual laid back manner. Seeing Lisa melted his former nerves about asking her to the ball.
He gave hr a quick hug in greeting, pulling back quickly to lean against the barrier.
"How have you been" he asked, still smiling at her. She looked especially nice at this time of day, Tyson noticed.

Lisa smiled and returned the hug, stepping back and smiling sheepishly. "I've been okay," she said, shrugging. "Could be better, but I'll manage." She looked at him and smiled again. "How have you been?" She asked him; it had been a while.

Tyson frowned, he could tell that wasn't okay "Is it that magazine?" he asked softly. He had read it, and seen the piece about Lisa and some other Ravenclaw girls. He hoped he could help.
"Me? Fine" he said with a shrug "Haven't been doing too much lately he said casually. It was true, nothing much had been happening in his world.

"The magazine?" Lisa gave a non-commital shrug. It had upset her at first, but she got over it. After all, it was pretty much a pack of lies anyway. "That a little, but I'm okay now." She looked out of the window; the view was wonderful. "I love twilight," she said softly. "It's my favourite time of day."

Guessing that she didn't want to talk about it, he changed the subject.
"So, um, the yule balls coming up" he said, trying to be casual. His former nerves were resurfacing, and his knuckles whitened on the edge of barrier. How on earth am I going to ask her?! he thought wildly.

"Ah, yes, the Ball." Lisa was astounded; she had forgotten about the Ball. All sorts of worries bounced into her head; dress, hair, DATE, so much to get ready. But then she frowned. Why had Tyson brought that up? She glanced at him, seeing his knuckles tighten. Her eyes widened, her brain racing ahead as it usually did. Is he?

"Do you have any plans?" he asked, trying to look like he was just asking. He kept his face pleasantly neutral, while a battle raged on inside his head Just ask her! he told himself. He half opened his mouth to ask her, then lost his nerve and closed it again. He almost shook his head in self disgust

((Sosoo sorry, was away for a month. >.< Might as well get this finished though.)

Lisa almost smiled, but kept herself composed, knowing very well that she had no plans at all. In fact, if nobody asked her, Lisa had planned to bunk off the Ball; dancing was never really her thing, anyway. "No, nothing at all, to be honest," she said, shrugging. Her eyes found the tall trees of the Forbidden Forest. "Why do you ask?" she said, turning towards Tyson, her hand resting lightly on the rail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back