a crash meeting

Michael Glass

OOC First Name
David
Wand
Holly Wand 12 " Essence of Griffin Feather
Michael was out in the school grounds in his animagus form. he hadn't done this in a while so it took him a while to get going. when he eventually got going he suddenly realised what he had been missing. he had forgotten how much he loved flying whether it was on a broom or as a crow after this lapse in concentration he fell from the sky. before he hit the ground he managed to transform back and roll with the crash. he narrowly missed a fellow proffesor. "I am so sorry." he apologised to the proffesor as he picked himself up from the ground.

Icarus was hating already the new term. With the exception of his professor duties, which were quite a lot with the recent incident about Briar's little secret being exposed, he had nothing else to do. There were no classes and his offer of extra help to firsties' preparation for next years try-outs, wasn't of great resonance. He was heading towards the lake, alone, with his blue streak leaned on his shoulder to kill some time away from his empty schedule. Maybe flying would make him relax a bit from the nerves of his idleness and make him find other, creative things to do.

He was almost there, at the black void of the lake where the sun seemed like it was bouncing on its surface. Suddenly, he distinguished a strange noise and he noticed a shadow, growing larger on him. He looked upwards and saw the body of a man falling down upon him. Icarus managed to dodge and get out of the way in time, watching the man rolling on the ground after his crash. He picked up his broom and approached the lying man.
"Hey, are you alright? Are you hurt?" he asked him as he gave him a hand, assisting him to stand up.
"Where is your broom?" he asked the fallen man as he had a look around them. He hadn't see him in his animagi form so he guessed that he had felt from his broomstick.

"im fine thank you." he said after using the mans hand to help him self up. "Well im a animagi. i had a lapse in concentration which caused me to fall and transform back." he told him. "Anyway im Michael glass. i teach charms years 5-7." he said to the gentlemen who had helped him.

He watched as the man stood up and explained how he managed to fall from the skies. "Animagi...I see. Top grades in transfiguration." he commented with a grin, knowing that it was a complex type of magic. "Well be careful next time man. You don't want a nasty broken leg or something." he gave him a friendly warning.
Icarus could tell that the guy was about his age, either a final year student or a young professor as him.
"Nice to meet you Michael! I'm professor Stratis but call me Icarus. Obviously, I'm teaching flying to first years." he said pointing out at the broom in his right hand. "You must be very good to be chosen right after your graduation to teach charms. Especially for fifth and seventh years that have their O.W.Ls and N.E.W.Ts." he guessed that he wasn't older than nineteen at least. "So how's the experience of the professor up until now?" he asked him, remembering his first lesson last term.

Michael listened to Icarus. "Well it was hard getting this position as I am only 19." he said to him he was 18 but his birthday was tomorrow. "i excelled in my owls and newts coming away with only 1 exceeds expectations." Michael heard from Icarus that he taught flying to the first years. "I would have loved to have your post i love flying. it's one of the main reasons i became a crow animagi." he told him"well i have had nothing to do this semester apart from preping revision lessons"he told Icarus

"That's really nice. It seems that you hard work has paid off." he said impressed by Michael's exception marks. He had excelled in many lessons but not in so many. He smiled when the guy confessed that he would loved the flying professor's post. "I know. It's a pretty nice post. It's really fulfilling teaching those kids how to fly a broom. I love their reactions as well." he said as he had witnessed all sort of different reactions when they managed to fly for their first time. "I must say that flying as an animagi, ads a new level to the term freedom." he commented as he could imagine the feeling of being able to fly whenever you like, not being depended on a broomstick. "I don't think I would have the patience to become one although I have pretty good marks in transfiguration." he concluded.

He was glad that he wasn't the only one that didn't have lessons that term. "Join the club. I only teach on first terms then I just have patrolling and other professor duties I guess. I miss the quidditch pitch, filled with scared first years." he said sort of complaining as the pitch was filled with the quidditch teams these days, preparing for their matches. "Okay, enough said. Do you want a broom? I would love a flying companion right now." he offered to summon one as it would be impossible for Michael to fly in his crow form and at the same time being able to talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back