OOC First Name
Sarah
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Sturdy Elm Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Rosalind was mostly glad to be back at Hogwarts. The first days back were always an adjustment period, getting used to the routine of lessons again. So far they hadn't been too tricky, and Rosalind didn't feel any of the pressure that she inevitably would around exam period. But she missed having the time to read. She'd been to the library, disappointed by how noisy it was, and decided since it was still a little brisk outside she'd try the student lounge (rather than going all the way up again to the Gryffindor common room). She stepped inside, finding it a bit more bearable than the library had been, before tilting her head slightly. She recognised someone. Rosalind smiled as she came over, forgetting about her book for now. "Hey, Ambrose," she greeted in a friendly manner, taking a seat beside him without asking, sinking into an armchair that was a little too big for her. "How's life?" she asked casually. They hadn't interacted a lot but part of her figured she ought to try make more friends outside of Gryffindors. Or just friends in general. Reading could wait.

Ambrose hated to admit it but he almost preferred being at Hogwarts to being at home with his parents. He had way more freedom at home than he had at school but that came with a great deal of loneliness too. At least at school he had some friends and a whole bunch of opportunities when it came to making new ones. Ofcourse he had friends at home too but only being home during the school breaks meant a lot of them were away on holiday so he didn't get to see them as much as he used to pre-Hogwarts. That left him with just his parents who were often too busy to even notice him. So yeah, home was alright. School was better. Feeling like he had seen plenty of the common room already Ambrose had decided to head over to the student lounge with a deck of exploding cards to see if there was any fun to be had there. Perhaps he'd run in to one of his friends from another house, like Sunday or Sofi. When no one of notice seemed to be around he let himself drop down into one of the seats and pulled out his deck of cards, though there was little he could do with it before someone sunk down in the seat next to him. "Hey," Ambrose greeted Rosalind with an easy smile, followed by a shrug in response to her question. "Pretty good. Happy to be back." He replied. "You have a good break?"

Rosalind nodded. "Yeah, it is good to be back," she said, agreeing with him, although she had to admit privately that she missed her dad when she was at school. "My break? It was good, I spent most of it reading." She laughed lightly. Rosalind felt a bit rusty on her people-skills but she was trying. "Oh, were you going to play cards?" she asked curiously. She only knew a few card games - it wasn't something she was overly familiar with, but she enjoyed it nonetheless.

Ambrose nodded when Rosalind talked about her break. It sounded like hers had been very peaceful if she had so much time to sit down and read. That must've been nice. "I hadn't really decided yet." He answered truthfully. "They're the exploding type so I was thinking of perhaps building a house of cards. Seeing how far I can get before it blows up." He grinned, putting the deck of cards down on the table. "You up for that?"

Rosalind looked thrilled at the prospect. "That's sounds fantastic, actually," she said, definitely excited about exploding cards. Really excited, actually. It was something novel to her and she enjoyed novelty. "I don't know much about how to make a card tower. It looks tricky." She put a hand to her chin in a thoughtful gesture. "I guess I've got to figure it out before it explodes," she joked with an easy smile, picking up a couple of cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back