A chance meeting

Gaspard Lorka

Gaspard apparated into Brightstone with Avrille, he wasn't happy about having to drag her all around but she didn't want to stay with Gisella who was sick at home now. He looked at the girl and said coldly, "Don't stray or you'll be in trouble child." He exhaled deeply and began walking, assuming that Rosaline's daughter was following him.

Avrille had been bugging Gaspard to let her out of the house, she knew that Giselle was sick and as much as she liked the little girl she didn't want to catch a cold. She always hated herself when she was sick. When he finally had decided to let her she quickly prepared and grabbed a coat as it was quite cold out. She put her hand sheepishly on Gaspard's arm as she waited for him to apparate with her. With a load crack they disapparated from his house close to Obsidian and into Brightstone outside of some store called Scribbulus. She quickly took her hand off of Gaspard and rolled her eyes at his words and murmured sarcastically in Russian, "What ever you say Gaspard." She really had no intention on staying near him, in fact she was just going to stay with him until she saw someone around her age, which she hoped would be soon, she hated that man.

Kaleb opened the door of his uncle's shop, unaware that there were two people walking close to it. Kaleb smiled at Chavdar, behind him. "So, being a pureblood makes you better than mudbloods? I thought everyone was better than them. That was what dad said." Kaleb's blue grey eyes were locked on Chavdar, before looking around, seeing some man and a girl close to his age. He beamed, "Chavdar! It's Avrille. A friend I met some time back." Kaleb wondered if the man was her father or something. Then he remembered, she had no parents. Uncle maybe? Kaleb stuck by Chavdar's side, waiting for permission to wonder off.

Chavdar followed Kaleb out, and locked the door behind him. Chavdar nodded, "In a way, yes, everyone is better than mudbloods, but purebloods have no muggle blood to taint them." Chavdar was almost sick of talking about purity with Kaleb. He seemed so fascinated with it. Chavdar stood up straight, and murmured, "Avrille? Rosaline's adopted daughter?" He glanced up to see the two. Chavdar had no idea whether to approach the man and Avrille, or to stay where he was. Chavdar waited for the girl to acknowledge Kaleb before doing anything.

Avrille looked up as she heard her name, she turned around and her harlequin green eyes danced happily when she saw Kaleb. She looked over at the man he was with and arched her eye brows, crossing her arms against her chest, she could have sworn that she saw him say Rosaline, she didn't hear it however. She shook it off and asked, "Gaspard?" As she waited she waved gently at him, and mischievous smirk forming on her thin lips.

Gaspard turned around to Avrille and muttered, "What is it child?" He looked over at the boy Avrille was waving at then at the man he was with. He stood up straight and narrowed his eyes, something about him seemed familiar to Gaspard, but he shook it off and waited for any sort of response from the man or the boy, or Avrile.

Kaleb glanced up at Chavdar, and without a word, approached Avrille and the man. He laughed, "Fancy seeing you here." He glanced up at the man, and Kaleb had his eyes narrowed slightly. Kaleb did not know whether to say hi to him, or to ignore him. So, he chose to ignore him. Kaleb smirked slightly, "I've met some of my future classmates. And only three plus a cousin seem worthy enough." He had met more girls than anything, and only three guys. It was rather embarrassing.

Chavdar didn't say a word when Kaleb went on to meet up with the girl. Chavdar walked behind him, and stopped in front of the men. Chavdar wondered if this was Gaspard. He wasn't much older than him. Well, Prodan was older, that was all Chavdar knew. Chavdar glanced down at the children and sighed, "Seems like they know each other." He motioned toward the ink store. Chavdar didn't know what else to say to the man. His stormy eyes searched for what to do exactly.

Avrille smiled widely at Kal and murmured in Bulgarian as she saw that he was looking at Gaspard, "Don't bother, he's all hot and bothered because Rosaline is working and can't look after me herself." She rolled her eyes at the thought of someone 'looking after her.' "That's great, unfortunately I've only met your future classmates, I wish I could stay back in Bulgaria until school starts," she shrugged her shoulders delicatly. "How was your holidays Kal?" she asked curiously, hers had been relatively dull, except for when she saw some girl with red eyes and the purple eyed girl started yelling at Asparuh.

Gaspard nodded once at the man's words and muttered, not bothering to disguise his strong French accent, "I'm Gaspard Lorka." His tone of voice was cold, as per usual, and his bright blue eyes narrowed on the man's storm like eyes. "Zhefarovich, no?" she asked, assuming that this man was one of the many Zhefarovich's. He had come across a few when he was a Death Eater.

Kaleb nodded, understanding. He shrugged, "Eh, my grandfather took me to my uncle's in Bulgaria, because dad couldn't. Then I went to mom's when he left to come here and get hitched." Kaleb rolled his eyes at the thought of marriage. He inquired, "And your holidays were better, I hope?" Kaleb glanced up at the man, Gaspard, before turning his attention to Avrille once again.

Chavdar laughed in his mind, a little smile appeared on his face. Chavdar nodded, "Pure and proud. I assume you know my family, as well as their bloodline." Chavdar still felt the aftermath of the battle on his legs and chest. They were damaged much more than he thought. Asparuh's head was out of whack, and caused him to be stuck in the Zhefarovich Manor. "You don't have a problem with my family, do you?" He had a curious look on his face. "Apologies, but I wasn't raised around them enough to figure out their enemies and allies."

Avrille shrugged her shoulders gently, "A little.. eventful." She smirked to herself then said, "I went to Bulgaria and I saw this girl with eyes like blood and some man named Asparuh, my cousin started yelling at him, it was funny." She giggled into her hand then put it in the pocket of her robes she had gotten for Christmas. She shrugged her shoulders lightly and said, "Other then that there wasn't much else."

Gaspard shrugged his broad shoulders and said, "I don't know enough to dislike or like them but from what I have heard they are a decent enough family." He rolled his eyes at himself. I hate acting nice, he thought with a silent sigh.

Kaleb gave her an odd stare, "Asparuh? That's my grandfather." He shuddered slightly, remembering his aunt's scream as he killed her. "Wow, sounds like something to laugh at. Someone yelling at him rather than the other way around." Kaleb wondered if Chavdar knew anything about this. He hoped so.

Chavdar overheard the children speak, knowing it all too well. If only he knew about the truce, then maybe he and Asparuh wouldn't have had to battle so much. Well, a truce came out of it. Chavdar laughed slightly, "If you can call a family all about murder and Dark Arts 'decent' then I would say they are." Chavdar found it quite awkward standing here with Gaspard, while he was seeing one of his family members, although he couldn't remember how Gaspard and Rosaline were related.

Avrille raised her eye brows in surprise and said, "Hmm I don't really see the resemblance." She shrugged gently then glanced up at the man Gaspard was speaking to. She raised her eye brows at his words about being a family involved in murder and Dark Arts. "That's what our family is involved with," she said with a bright smile, not because her family was involved with murder and Dark Arts but because she had a family.

Avrille looked back at Kaleb and ran her fingers through her short black hair, wanting to do something fun now but Gaspard and Kaleb's.. someone was there so it didn't seem like the smartest thing to do or to suggest.

Gaspard looked down at Avrille and glared at her warningly then put his arm around the girl and patted her shoulder coldly. "What the child said," he muttered with a shrug.

[I'm forgot how Gaspard acts sorry :p ]

Kaleb motioned around his eyes, "We share similar eyes, but mine have a blue tint in them until I am a teenager." Kaleb shrugged. And laughed, "And that's something to be proud of?" Kaleb thought twice on his words. He was slightly proud of his family, in a strange way. He found it odd.

Chavdar glanced down at the girl, Avrille, hearing her words. He noticed Gaspard's reaction. Chavdar simply shrugged and said curtly, "I know." Chavdar then looked away. Would he have to explain everything to Gaspard, like Rosaline had explained everything to Asparuh? Chavdar had his wand in his back pocket, just in case things went down the wrong road. He couldn't help but wonder, was this drama about their secret relationship all just paranoia?

Avrille pursed her lips wondering how to explain exactly what she meant. "It's nice to be in a family," she stated plainly. "Though.. I am a little proud of it," she admitted sheepishly and her harlequin eyes twinkled with mischief.

Gaspard raised his eye brows lightly and asked coldly, "You would know this how?" He crossed his arms against his chest feeling the powerful wood that formed his wand in his hand as he waited for Zhefarovich's response. How would this perfect stranger know my family? he asked himself then said before the man could respond, "Tell me the truth and you may leave here with out any problem, lie and I'll know." Perhaps this has to do with Rosaline sneaking around and lying all the time, he thought.

Chavdar couldn't help but smirk slightly, and gave Kaleb a glare that said, Don't talk right now... Just wait.. He folded his own arms across his chest. Chavdar noted, "Well, you don't know me well enough to figure out whether I am telling the truth or not. However..." Chavdar muttered, "Rosaline is going to kill me for revealing this, but since she spilled to my own father, I might as well spill." Chavdar made sure his head wasn't lowered or up high. He looked at the man in the eyes, and said, "I have been through a lot these past few weeks, through battles of my own. So, I don't want any more trouble on my conscious. Rosaline and I are seeing each other." Chavdar didn't smile, nor did he frown. He simply looked stern and cold, like any other Zhefarovich. Chavdar prepared for the worst.

Gaspard rolled his eyes and muttered, "You really think I care? Please, I have more things to worry about then who my sister in law is dating." He put his arms at his side and slid his wand away and said, "Well Zhefarovich, I must go." He looked at Avrille and murmured, "Avrille let's go." He didn't wait for her response, he just put his hand on her shoulder and apparated away without a warning.

Chavdar thought incredulously, You have got to be sh1ting me. All that secrecy stuff was all just... Chavdar rolled his eyes, and touched Kaleb on the shoulder, "We need to head home, because I am thoroughly confused." Chavdar apparated to his house, thinking about the weird day that just happened. He retreated to his private study, where Kaleb was entertaining himself wherever in the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back