Married
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Unyielding Redwood Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
-PLACE HOLDER-​
<i>
</i>

It had been months, yes, but Ryuuji Tsukino still's not accustomed to being anything but a Hogwarts students. He had always thought that he was already prepared to leave the castle. In fact, since he entered his sixth year, he had already conditioned himself to the fact that he was graduating soon. He had thought that he was ready, but he was not. He missed the school badly. He had tried to make the best of his last year, refusing to go home even if his parents had written him a letter convincing him to spend his holiday with them. However, he failed. And he failed miserably. His last year had been uneventful, except for the fact that he had been a prefect which was cool and all but also meant having a lot of responsibility. He had a lot of regrets. He regretted not exploring the castle as much as he could, he regretted not befriending the house elves down the kitchen, he regretted not reading as much books in the library as he could, but most of all, he regretted not being able to mend the relationship of the twins. Ai and Conan.

He have not heard of them since his graduation. He could not blame them though, they must be busy. But still, he was worried. His older sister knew that there was something bothering him. Since he came home, his father had made sure to hire a private tutor to teach him about the family business. Great. More studying. But he did not mind, for he had promised that he would do anything that his father had asked as long as he would let him attend Hogwarts. His father already did his part of the bargain. It was now his turn. He wanted to focus on what he was supposed to do, yet, the thought about what was happening between the twins bothered him. He was distracted, and his sister knew it.

Earlier, she had confronted him about it. And though he was hesitant at first, he told her his worries. His family knew about the twins, he often talked about them in his letters. That's why his sister advised him to write a letter if that would ease his worries. And that was the reason why he was currently in his room, surrounded by mountains of crumpled parchments. He had no idea how to start.

"No. Not good. I sound demanding." He muttered as he crumpled another parchment into a ball. "This is seriously frustrating." He then fingers through his hair and brushed a lock of hair that was blocking his vision. "I need a haircut." He turned to look at his bedside mirror then back to the desk again. "Why am I thinking of getting a haircut when I should think about what I got to write in this letter?" Frowning, he took the hairpin that his sister had given him and pinned his fringe upwards. He looked ridiculous but if it meant being able to write better, then it's fine.
Dear Ai,

It's me, Ryuuji. Remember me? Your self proclaimed brother?Forgive me, I honestly don't know how to start so excuse this silly way of beginning this letter.

How are you? It's been months yet it seemed like years already. Nee-chan said that I worry too much and that I looked dead here. Can you imagine your nii-san looking dead and pale? But I know why I appeared like that, I miss hogwarts. Or more specifically, I am worried about you.

I'm sorry if I am not there to help you and Conan anymore. I know that you're still arguing and believe me, I'd give anything to get back there. If only I could, I would. But I can't. I'm sorry.

Do write me a letter should anything happen, and seriously, I'd fly over there as soon as I can. Tell me anything. I'm still your brother even if I'm no longer there.

Ryuuji</COLOR>
<i></i>
<COLOR color="#2F4F4F">Ryuuji read his letter again. It sounded decent. Hopefully it was. He then called for his owl and tied the letter on its leg. He then wrote another letter, this time around, addressed to the other twin, Conan. The chance of him responding was slim, but still, it wouldn't hurt to try, right?.

Ai had been in a lot of eventful days, although she would have been real glad if those events were even good. But, everything that seemed to be happening to her right now were far from being alright. She would have rather wished that she would have one uneventful days instead of those days wherein there would be some sort of trouble she'd get in with her twin. And Ai was certainly not appreciating those little encounters which were killing her inside.

These thoughts were running in Ai's mind whilst she was sitting in her room. She had her hands buried in her hair as she thought of what she should do in her current situation. She had no idea and she was nearly breaking down and merely stopping herself from doing so. It was then that she suddenly heard a tap at the window and noticed the owl. The girl opened her window and let the bird in her room which had given her a letter. She quickly opened it and immediately, her problems forgotten as she had received a letter from her older brother. She hastily read its contents and frowned a bit for some that had been written. She didn't mind though, because she finally got to contact Ryuuji. She quickly grabbed her quill and some parchment and began writing a reply back, not actually thinking before she wrote.

Letter said:
</SIZE></COLOR>
RYUUJI-NIISAAAAAAAAAN!!​
<i>
</i>

That wasn't probably the best way to start the letter but oh well!

Of course I remember you! How could I forget?! If you're way of beginning the letter was silly, what does that make mine?

I know what you mean. I really miss you, Ryuuji-niisan. And on the other note, I agree with your Onee-san. You do worry too much sometimes, and don't you die on me Nii-san! Eat, eat, eat! If I come over there and you're thinner and paler than I am you'll treat me to an all-around-the-world trip! Don't worry too much about me, Nii-san, I'll be okay.

Ryuuji-niisan... I wish you were here. Can you come back to Hogwarts please? I know I just said that you don't need to worry but here I am writing things that probably would make you worried, but I can't help it. I really need you Nii-san. A lot of things are going on and I'm not sure on what to do anymore. Will you continue writing to me? I suck at writing letters but please don't stop sending letters to me, Nii-san.

Love you lots,
~ <SIZE size="150">Ai-chan
<i>
</i>

<COLOR color="Purple">And by the time she had stopped to think about her words, she had already sealed the envelope containing the letter which meant that there was no turning back now. Whatever she had written had to do. She released her owl, Sadie, from her cage and told the owl to bring the message to Ryuuji. She then called out to the old Ravenclaw's own owl and simultaneously let the two go, just to make sure that Sadie wouldn't get lost on her way to Japan.

Ryuuji Tsukino sighed in relief as he stepped inside his room. It had been a really tiring day. As part of his 'training', he had to accompany his father to his meeting. The older Tsukino kept on reminding him that he was almost at the proper age to work for their company and that in no time, he would be taking over his father's position. He had honestly thought of refusing, however, as he looked at his father whose eyes held so much expectation, he remembered his promise. A Tsukino will always honor his word. That was the way things had been, and that's also the way things will always be. Besides, he probably just dislikes it because he was still missing Hogwarts. He would get used to it. For more than ten years, he lived without magic; surely, he would be able to live even without it now.

"Stop complaining Ryuuji, this isn't you." He muttered softly as he changed into something more comfortable. He was quite disappointed with himself. He's with his family now, the ones who love him the most. Yet, all he did was complain, he was making them worry. He sighed again as he looked at his reflection in the mirror. His usually raven colored hair turned into a lighter shade of brown. He held back a smirk as an idea crossed his mind. Perhaps he can will himself to change his appearance even just for a day, maybe he can even change his appearance into an eleven year old kid again so he would be able to get back to Hogwarts. But alas, he knew almost nothing about this ability of his. Besides,, it would be selfish of him to do such thing. What would his family say?

He shook his head and his hair turned into its usual color. His train of thought was interrupted when he heard a tap from his window. His owl! It's back and together with it was another owl which he recognized as the younger Hufflepuff's. That brought a smile to the Ravenclaw's face as he realized what it meant.

He hurriedly opened the window to let the owls in. All his previous worries were forgotten as he took the letter form one of the owls. He quickly read its contents and smiled at the first part of the younger's letter. She really didn't change much. However, as he neared the letter's end, he couldn't stop the frown forming on his face. He knew it. He was not worried for nothing. Something's still wrong. He took his quill, parchment, and ink from his drawer and began to write a reply.
</FONT>
letter said:
Ai-chan!!!!

Nii-san misses you a lot you know! Seriously, you don't know how happy I am to receive your letter. I'm happy, really, really happy. I apologize if I sound like a kid, nii-san's a little tired you see. But don't worry, I won't die. Nii-san can handle it! But then, should I be thinner and paler than you when we meet, I probably need not worry too much about treating you to an all-around-the-world trip. I can probably afford that by then, but then, I'd probably look way older than my age too because of all the stress at work once I take over my father's business. Rich but tired. Can you imagine me wearing coat and tie? I seriously thought that I'd choke on it. But nii-san's all grown up now. I can't play around anymore. But again, don't worry. I'd live.

I wish to return to Hogwarts too Ai-chan. I would if I could. But I can't. I have to face it.But Ai-chan, I told you, didn't I? I'm always ready to help. Ill always be your brother. Blood kin or not, you're my younger sister, ne? And please, don't ever think that you're a burden. You can always tell me your worries. You can always write to me. In fact, I'd like it better if you continue writing your letters. I can't be there physically, but I want you to know that I won't abandon you. I probably sound overly dramatic, forgive your nii-san, ne?

P.S: Your way of writing is way better than mine

Ryuuji
<FONT font="Monaco">
Ryuuji gave the owls some treats before he gave his letter to his owl. He then opened the windows and watched the two owls fly back to Hogwarts. A smile made its way to his face. It had a long and tiring day, but at least, something good happened before he hit the hay.

Ai had gone down to the Kitchens today. She had baked some chocolate chip cookies and strawberry cupcakes with some little help from the house elves. The Hufflepuff decided to not meet up with any of her friends or any other people for that matter today. If she were to meet someone she did not want to, it would probably end up to be pretty messy and she was as sure as hell that nobody would want that to happen. And so for today, she had only gone out of her room when she was sick of it and decided that she should at the very least have something to do, and she had decided on going to the kitchen and baking was a good idea. Along with that, she had asked a favor on one of the elves to charm the food so that it could stay hot and warm for hours, and thankfully he did. And therefore, her current situation of walking to her room, a basket of newly baked goods in her hand.

As soon as Ai had entered her room she almost squealed in delight. She had left her window open and it allowed two owls to enter her room. Both of which she was happy to see. She took out some food, water and treats for the two messengers before taking her older brother's letter. She took a seat at her ddesk and read its contents. "Nii-san," she muttered as she begun to write back a reply to her older brother She didn't notice the tears that she was shedding though. She missed Conan, she missed Ryuuji. And now, she needed her older brother but he was nowhere near her. Ai sniffed though and wiped away the tears. She didn't need to cry. She didn't want to. If she broke down now, she could go insane.

Letter said:
Now you're just mimicking my way of writing letters... Kidding!!!

I miss you lots too, Nii-san! And you should really rest and all. I know that you have to keep your promise to Oji-san and all, but I worry about you and all. And you sounding like a kid is pretty normal Onii-san! Actually, it sounds more normal when you sound like a kid since it's actually you're trademark. I know the stresses of being rich Nii-san, but I really hope the business wouldn't change you too much. And I'll come see you there on Christmas if you'd like, and no need for the all-around-the-world trip, I'd really rather have you try to cook for me instead. You wore a coat and tie? Hey, it's okay. Just imagine that it's like your old uniform, they almost look the same after all. I know you miss Hogwarts a lot.

Would you mind if I tell you everything Nii-san? Everything that I kept as a secret even when you were here?

P.S. You don't have to grow up yet if you don't want to. It's a choice that you're supposed to be willing from the heart Ryuuji-niisan. You might be growing old, but growing up is not mandatory instead it's a decision. And playing around sometimes is never bad.</FONT>
Lots of Love,
~ Ai-chan​
<i>
</i>

<FONT font="Monaco">As soon as Ai finished her reply, she gave the letter to Sadie and was just about to send the two off, until she had caught sight of the basket with goods. She smiled as she thought that Ryuuji would be happier to receive some treats instead of her just eating it all alone, and so, she gave the letter to the older boy's owl. "Sadie, bring this basket to Ryuuji-niisan, okay?" she asked the owl and before she knew it, the two were already in the air. The letter and treat-filled basket in the care of the trusted owls.

Finally, after months of training and studying, Ryuuji got his well deserved rest. Earlier that morning, his father had to fly off somewhere to attend to some business matters. He had been asked to tag along, but thankfully, his mother insisted that he stays as it had not been that long since he came back. As expected, his mother won. Despite his father being a powerful and stern figure, his mother knows how to get around his rules. Thus, he was able to spend the whole day just lazing around and walking around their town. Nothing much had changed. The old tree that he used to climb was still there. The old woman who waters her plants everyday at the early hours of the morning still did the same. It was like he had not been gone for a long time.

The Ravenclaw spent the whole day trying to catch up with old acquaintances, it was only then that he realized that he missed his hometown too; the old tree, the old woman, everything. He missed them. However, as he walked around, he realized how much he missed his school too. Nothing much had changed, yes, but still, it was different. He knew that he should belong in the neighborhood, everyone still remembers him and most would even remark how tall he had grown, a handsome young lad they said. However, he still felt isolated. Nothing much had changed, but the memories of the past seven years of his life kept on playing on his mind. He belonged at Hogwarts, perhaps even more than he belongs at his hometown. But he could not get back there. At least, not now.

As soon as he returned to his house, his sister informed him about his owl. She was older than him yet she was bouncing up and down as she told him how she saw two owls on his room. Of the members of the Tsukino household, his older sister is the one who is most interested with his world. She kept asking him about it, and sometimes, he wished that she could have gone with him there. She'd surely love it. She would love the castle and the twins. Perhaps, she would also do what he did, proclaim herself as the two's older sister. If she had been there too, she would have probably done a better job that him. Maybe she could have helped the twins better.

He thanked his sister and hurriedly went straight to his room. He smiled as he saw two familiar owls on his bed and together with them was a basket full of treats. It was really a good decision to keep his window open. "You did a great job" He took the letter, laid it on top on his desk, and gave some treats to the owls. He heard his sister knock and ask whether she could borrow his owl, which he did allow. He also gave her some cookies cupcakes that he got and told her that it was sent by Ai. His sister beamed and was about to ask more questions when he shooed her out of a room with a playful shove.

When he was sure that she would no longer disturb him, he read the Hufflepuff's letter. He really missed the younger puff and by reading her letters, it was like he hadn't left the school. Her letters were his only connection to their world.
</FONT>
Am I? I should probably think of a new way of greeting you Ai-chan. But for now, this one will do:

Ai-chan!!!!

Nii-san's pretty hurt when you said that he's getting old you know. I'm not that old, not yet. I'm still young at heart Ai-chan! If I'm there, I would have pinched your cheeks. But since I'm miles away, please do the honor of doing that for me instead.

All this training is exhausting, but I have to do it. It's fine, I'll get used to it. Besides, this was the way things are before I attended Hogwarts. I probably got used to wands and spells too much.

You should go here! Nee-chan would surely love to meet you, but please, don't be scared of her. She's odd, yes, but you'll get used to it. Are you sure you want me to cook for you? A trip around the world seems more attractive...

Is it the same? I'll keep that in mind once I have to wear it again, perhaps by doing so, it would make it more comfortable.

I told you. you can tell me anything. You don't have to hold back. Whatever it is, Nii-san's always willing to listen, so fire away Ai-chan.

And now I need to think of how to close my letters too,
Ryuuji
<FONT font="Monaco">
Once done, the Ravenclaw gave the letter to the Hufflepuff's owl. His own was with his sister. He just hoped that Ai's owl would not get lost. Once he was sure the the owl had safely left his room, he proceeded downstairs with the treat-filled basket from the girl.

Ai had no class for the day and so, for the day, she just had stayed in her room. It was rare that she got a day off, especially with all the work going about that needed to be done in the castle. But unlike others who enjoyed a day of rest, the Hufflepuff was mostly regretting it. A day out had been giving her a lot of time to think about things. Things that she didn't want to enter her mind. The whole day she'd been trying to sleep or read, but she just can't keep her mind off of things. the whole day, it was like she was going crazy, shedding tears as soon as she remembers her aunts, remember Conan and remember her parents. Each minute that passed by was like hell in the eyes of the Hufflepuff girl.

Ai had thought that her day wouldn't get any better, well, that was until Sadie tapped her window. She beamed a small smile and stood from her bed and looked at herself in the mirror. She looked terrible. Now that she stopped to think about it, she had been eating three times a day but barely enough to satisfy hunger. And so, she had been growing thinner, her long hair all messed up and her eyes all red and swollen from crying too much. She walked over to her window and opened it, letting her owl into the room and getting the letter that it held. She opened it and began to read it's contents, she smiled a small smile and then took a seat at the desk, starting to write her reply. In the midst of her writing though, she couldn't help but cry, her tears slightly staining the parchment, but she didn't care. Ai didn't even know why she was writing those stuff, but at the time she was seeking comfort and she was hoping to get it from the old Ravenclaw's reply.

Letter said:
Yes, yes you are...

Hello, Ryuuji-niisan!!

My cheeks are pretty red now because I pinched them for you. It's like I have put on some make-up or something.

Rest once in a while okay? Yep, probably. After all, who would not get used to wands and spells it had already been a part of our everyday life here. I wonder if I should work on your business in the future and help you over there.

I don't think you're Nee-chan's scary though. And yes, if you're thinner and paler than I am by the time I come there, you would have to cook for me. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to kill me with you're cooking, Ryuuji-niisan. And I'll really ask your family if you were the one who cooked that so NO CHEATING!!

Well, I think so. The only difference is instead of robes, you wear a coat which is shorter, ne? But all in all, it looks the same.

Well, I should probably start off with the good news for the year. I made Prefect this year, Ryuuji-niisan!! And Heath did too. I was quite surprised when the letter came with a badge in it. And also after Aphrodite and LeAnn left the school, I've become the Vice President of the Heta Omega. Quidditch is going well too, we're going to have our first game in a few days. I'm still the Keeper of the Hufflepuff team and after Hades graduated, apparently, I became the Captain. Can you believe it Nii-san?! There are tons for me to do this year including all my classes! But I guess it's good since I have to keep myself really busy.

I know you won't really be happy to know this Nii-san, but I guess you deserve to know since you're my family. Well, my only family. I don't go home to Japan anymore. A friend of mine had taken me to his sister to live there after an incident with Onii-chan last year. Remember the day you found me in the dungeons crying? The truth is... Onii-chan disowned me. I couldn't bring myself to tell you because you were so troubled and depressed last year and you were graduating. I know I'm bringing you trouble by telling you this but I feel like I can't take it anymore. He's just getting worse and I don't know what to do anymore. It's like he doesn't even care what happens to me anymore.

Many things are happening in Hogwarts, Ryuuji-niisan. And I don't know how much more I can take.</COLOR>
~ Ai-chan​
<i>
</i>
<COLOR color="Purple">As soon as she finished writing the letter, she sealed it in an envelope and made Sadie rest for the night. "Take it to Nii-san tomorrow, okay? Please," she told the owl before heading back to her bed, maybe to wallow in her misery some more.

Having nothing to do for the day, Ryuuji gave up to her sister's requests of spending his day with her. Since he came back, he never really got the chance to bond with his family, only spending his day studying and following his father's orders thus, even though he was quite sure that being with his older sister would be tiresome, he did anyway. They started the day with visiting his old school, and afterwards, visiting the old playground where they used to play. He was then dragged by his sister to the old shop that they use visit. The old man watching over the store had not changed at all. He got older yes, but the smile that graces his face whenever the siblings visit him was still the same. They spent hours in the shop, exchanging stories about the previous years. He felt bad for lying, but he couldn't just tell him about Hogwarts, could he?

After they bid goodbye and went home, he was dragged to their kitchen where his sister started to bake. He tried to help really, but it only took a few seconds before his sister had kicked him out for mistaking salt for sugar and for almost burning their kitchen down. Knowing that no word could ever give him access into the kitchen again, he decided to just go to his room and take a quick nap before his sister call for him again. He was almost asleep when he heard at tap at his window. Ai! He quickly untangled himself from the sheets and wasted no second letting the owl in.

As he read the younger girl's letter, he began to worry again. She really needed his help. He wanted to be there for the twins, but he can't, and it made him feel helpless and worthless. The girl must have been crying as she wrote the letter. Reading the letter again and again, he took a quill and parchment and began to write. He really didn't want to worry the girl; she had too much problem to deal with. He can handle his own problems and he believed that he could share the girl's load too. It didn't matter whether he'd be the one hurting and worrying. As long as the twins were fine, he would be fine too.
</FONT>
Ai-chan,

Sorry, your nii-san is still yet to come up with an original greeting, I'm too slow, ne?

I need a proof! send a picture, alright? And in return, I'll send one to you too. It had been a long time since I last saw you. Have you changed? Have you grown taller? I hope that I'm still taller than you though. Nii-san's not the tallest person after all.

I tried to cook, or bake. Really. I tried. But you see, I guess it is my fate to get kicked out of the kitchen every time I try to enter one. Cooking...... or baking... really hates me. But if you're fine with whatever I cook, no matter how inedible it might LOOK, I'll try again.

I'll keep that in mind Ai-chan... I really will.

Congrats! I hope you make a better prefect than I am. Wow. You're seriously busy. That's a lot of responsibilities Ai-chan. But knowing you, you would do great. You deserve all those honors. Nii-san's really proud of you.

Ai-chan... I told you didn't I? you were never a burden. Why won't you go back to Japan anymore? I'm sorry if I had been too selfish to notice your troubles. I should have been more sensitive. If you want, you can stay with us. It would be fine. But you know Ai-chan, I'm really hoping that you and Conan would reconcile soon. you're twins. You have connection greater than normal siblings. Siblings aren't supposed to fight... at least.. not for that long. I know you're trying. I know that you of all people wanted everything to get back to the way it used to. I should have talked to Conan. I tried to send him letters, but I don't know if he received them or not. I'm sorry for not being there.

You're strong Ai-chan, and there are people who support you. You're not alone. You were never alone.

Ryuuji
<FONT font="Monaco"> Ryuuji was already done sealing his letter when his sister called for him to ask whether he was writing another letter to Ai. When she learned that he was indeed doing that, she insisted that he send him some of the cookies she baked.

Writing a quick note, he wrapped some cookies and gave it to his owl owl with the letters ties to the Ai's owl. He couldn't perform any spell to keep the cookies warm, so hopefully, the treats and the letter would arrive on time.

It had only been yesterday since Ai had released Sadie and she was quite surprised to find the owl back in her room along with a small package and a reply letter. She excitedly sat on her desk and untied the packages from her owl's talons. She brought out some treats, food and water for her owl as she let it do as it pleases and also gave her cat, Hisa, a few treats so that it would refrain from bothering her as well. She opened the small package and found cookies. Her face beamed into a smile as she took no time into digging in. They were not warm anymore, but they were still edible and very delicious that she didn't hesitate on letting her pets have a taste as they too seemed interested, and they seemed to like the tasty treat as much as she did. The young Japanese turned her head and quickly saw the time. She had classes and the quidditch matches were coming up. She sighed as she put the letter inside her drawer before heading off to class.

A few days had passed and the Quidditch match were already done. It had been a fun event, even though the Hufflepuff team had lost. They still had a chance to win though, this time, against Ravenclaw. She knew that the team were doing their best and she was happy about that. Her thoughts wandered as she remembered that the letter she had kept in her drawer. She hastily opened it and begun to read. She had mixed feelings about what the letter contained. Her feelings were along the lines of sadness, happiness, pride, guilt and loneliness. Nevertheless, she started to write her reply to the older boy and even writing a short letter to the Ravenclaw's sister. She was unsure if the sister would appreciate but she at least had to try, especially after the treat she had.

Yep, yep Nii-san... Too slow... Too slow...

Hey, hey, hey, Ryuuji-niisan!

I'm sorry I took long to reply.

I haven't brought a camera with me but I can send you a picture, alright? This one was during the recent vacation. I'll try to bring a camera next time alright? I try not to change and don't worry Nii-san, I'm still smaller than you are.

I didn't kick you out of the kitchen, did I? You can do it!! Remember that you already baked once for me. Besides you can always ask your Onee-san and your Okaa-san for help right? I'll eat it even though it looks inedible as long as you're sure it won't kill me, alright? And I'll be staying there on Christmas if that's alright with you and your family.

You were a great prefect, Nii-san! And yes, I am a bit busy. It's all good though since it takes my mind off of a lot of things. I hope I'm really doing great though and we the Quidditch matches for the semester had already ended. We lost against Gryffindor though, but still it was a lot of fun! Arigato for being proud of Ai-chan, Ryuuji-niisan.

Because, it was already hard staying in Japan under the same roof with Onii-chan yet we never speak a word to each other. And now, he disowned me. I don't think I would stay sane if I stay with him during the course of vacation and we're alone at the house. Gomen ne for telling you this, Ryuuji-niisan. You must be worried sick and blaming yourself for this. I was and still am the selfish one Nii-san. Please don't blame yourself. And don't be too worried, ne? I'll be there on Yuletide season and tell you everything, I promise.

P.S.: The cookies were good. But they were not your baking. Next time, I hope I can have your cooking, Nii-san.

Hai, Ryuuji-niisan. Arigato.
Lots of Love,
~Ai-chan​
<i>
</i>
Dear Tsukino-neechan,

Gomen ne, I had resolved to call you as Tsukino-neechan or Onee-chan unless you want me to call you by another name. I'm not really expecting a reply but if you will, I'd be quite ecstatic to have you write to me.

Arigato for the cookies. I know they were not Nii-san's cooking since even when his cooking tastes good, they sometimes do look inedible, so I thought that they were yours. They were really delicious. I'll bake some treats for you next time and have it brought over by my owl, Sadie.

And also, I have a favor to ask of you. Please make sure that Nii-san isn't blaming himself or is worrying too much about me. Onegai? Please reassure him that I'll be fine.

I hope it's not too much to ask. Again, arigato!
Sincere with Love,
~ Ai Edogawa​
<i>
</i>
29av7ye.jpg
As soon as she finished her two letters, she rummaged around her drawers and finally found a photo that seemed suitable to send to her older brother. She had grown a bit thin during vacation and thinner now. But it was the best she had. She just hoped Ryuuji wouldn't notice it too much.

The young girl sealed everything in one envelope and instructed Sadie to bring it to Japan. Ai had a smile on her face as her owl left and headed off towards her older brother.

Ryuuji was in the middle of reading this thick book about entrepreneurship when his sister came running into his room. It was too sudden that he was surprised that his door was able to withstand the sudden force from her sister's entrance. It was a welcome distraction though. After all, he had been reading for the whole day that he was sure that as soon as he check his reflection on the mirror, the face that would be staring back at him would be barely recognizable. He rubbed the tiredness off his eyes and shut the book gracefully, placing it on his desk before he approached his sister who was currently sitting on the floor, trying to catch her breath. Before he could ask what's wrong though, her sister stood up gracefully and waved too letters on front of his face. Frowning, he tried to snatch them away from her, tried. He used to be faster and swifter, yet it seemed that days of being holed up in his room with nothing to do but read was slowly taking its toll on him. He really ought to exercise. He extended his hand and asked for the letters again, only for his sister to complain and tell him that it wasn't his alone. After all, one of the letters, she said, was addressed to her. Ryuuji could only sigh in resignation as he took one of the letters and let his sister do as she pleased. It will shut her up and keep her from bothering him. Really, at times like this, it seemed like he was the older one.

He first pushed his sister out of his room before he proceeded to his desk and read the younger girl's letter. He really can't concentrate with her sister squealing and giggling every now and then about how she received a letter from the magical world. Not that it was the first time, he always write to her after all. Perhaps he shouldn't count since he was her brother. Ryuuji had mixed feelings as he read the letter. He felt warm, like he was still there with them. Writing letters to the girl was indeed great, it was as if he never left, as if he was still in the castle, a dream that he tend to entertain every time he was feeling down with all the works he had to do. Yet, as he neared the end of her letter, he realized that despite writing to her, it was still different. They communicate, ye, but it as different as he was not physically there with them. His words were not enough to help, that much he knew. He could talk all he want, yet, all he would hear are the things that had happened. He wouldn't be there should Conan and Ai fight again, he wouldn't even know of it unless the younger girl would tell him. That made him feel miserable, he was, indeed, useless as a brother. He was not doing his job. He, however, decided not to think about his own worries too much as he began writing his reply. He had decided a long time ago not to worry the girl with his own problems. She had enough burdens to carry. She need not worry about him too.
</FONT>
Ai-chan,

You got thinner, didn't you? Are you eating properly? Maybe I should really fly there and sneak into the castle just to make sure that you are getting enough nutrients. You can't take your health for granted Ai-chan. Promise me that you would take care of yourself better.

Nee-chan would rather teach a dog instead of me. She just kicked me out of the kitchen a few days ago, just when I thought that I was already starting to gain access of the most sacred part of the house. I was kicked out by its guardian. Maybe you can talk some sense into her.

Of course Ai-chan! You can stay here as long as you want. It would be my pleasure. I really want to see you again. I can't wait.

Quidditch eh? I miss it, the feeling of being so high up in the air, the adrenaline rush, it was something that I probably won't be able to experience again, but it's fine. You should tell me stories once you come here.

I'll always be proud of you Ai-chan, I know you'd accomplish great things.

You're not selfish Ai-chan. You never are. And seriously, you were never a burden. don't ever think that you are one. Please. Conan is... to proud. I really ought to talk to him. Is it too selfish of me to wish that you two return to the way you were before? you used to share a really great bond, it's a waste to forget all about it. You're siblings Ai-chan. you're twins. I really wish that I am there. My presence might not change anything, but at least, I want to be there with you and share your worries.

I'll cook for you once you visit us here. I can't promise that it would be good though. But I'll try, I never give up after all.

Ryuuji
<FONT font="Monaco">As he reread his letter, he noticed that he still wasn't able to come up with an original greeting, his closing was pretty plain as well. As he was about to rewrite everything, his sister came running in his room again, clutching a neatly folded piece of paper, one that looked like it was taken out of a notebook. She gave it to him and specifically told him not to read the contents. He then looked for the owls which he found in his sister's room, and send them and their letters off to Hogwarts.
Ai-chan!!!!

or should I address you as Edogawa-san? That sounds too formal though, I hate formalities, it sounds like we're too old. So, Ai-chan it would be, ne?

Don't call me Tsukino nee-chan, I had enough of the Tsukino surname already, I've been hearing it all my life. Call me Haru.

I'm sorry if I use a pen and an ordinary paper, Ryu wouldn't let me bother him. I'm going to sneak into his room and get myself some parchment and whatever it is that you were using.

Of course I'm kidding. Please don't think badly of me. though, I can actually do that too.

Ryu and cooking will never mix. He shared some of the treats that you sent, and I thought that it would only be right to send you something in return too. Do visit here if you have some time.

I noticed that he wasn't his usual self. He's been worrying a lot though he would always tell us that he was doing fine. That kid's really stubborn you see. Don't worry, I'll talk to him.

Love,

Tsukino Harumi

Ai had just gone from the Brightstone Village. The Halloween Feast was nearing and being the girl and person she really is, she really enjoyed attending such celebrations. After all, she was one to enjoy gatherings like the Yule Ball and Halloween. Events wherein she'd be able to dress up and prepare herself. This time, she had already decided on her costume and had already shopped for the outfit that she would be going to where to the upcoming feast. It wouldn't be long now, and she wanted to make sure that she'd be ready. The Halloween costumes that the students and teachers were wearing were always fun to observe and watch, especially those that had been magically-enhanced. It was always quite a thrill to attend.

When she arrived at her room and caught sight of Sadie, Ai almost threw the things she bought and scurried towards her owl, and nearly squealing in delight as there were two letters that the owl had brought. It meant that Ryuuji's sister had written her a reply as well. The young girl quickly read the letters and as soon as she had finished, she kept the letters in her drawer and headed straight for the kitchen. She wanted to bake some chocolate cupcakes for the Tsukino family and bake she will.

It took the prefect more than an hour to finish baking the cupcakes, and by the time she was done, the elves had helped her put the treats in the basket. The elves had also given her some tarts and cookies as they packed them together with the cupcakes she had baked, and then were charmed to be kept warm as she had told them that she was going to send them to a friend.

Afterwards, the girl hurried back to her room and began to write her reply. Although, her chest still hurt as she wrote the letter for her pain still lingered. She had no one to talk to but her older brother whom was staying in Japan. And so, her feelings were still pent up inside of her, it couldn't be helped though. Ai shook the thoughts out of her head and instead, decided to just focus herself on finishing the letters.

Ryuuji-niisaaaaaaan~,

Are you yet to come up with a better greeting and closing?

Gomen ne, Nii-san. I have been trying to keep my health up and I have been eating three times a day. I promise I'll take care of myself, Ryuuji-niisan. Pinky promise!

Does that mean that the dog is better at cooking than you are?! Nii-san, you really have to try harder with your baking and cooking skills. Hai, hai. I'll try to ask Haru-neechan to teach you something.

Halloween is coming up, and that means Summer Vacation/Yuletide is already fast approaching. We won't have to wait very long then. I'll tell you lots of stories when I get there ne?

It's alright if you're cooking is not that good as long as you're sure that I won't die from it, okay, Nii-san?

Hai, Nii-san. I can't help but think that I was the selfish one though. If I didn't get mad at him for breaking his promise, we wouldn't be fighting now and you wouldn't have to worry so much. If only I wasn't so dependent on him. I miss Ryuuji-niisan. I miss Onii-chan. I want everything to be like the way they were when I was in first year.

P.S: I think you should lend Haru-neechan your quill and ink and some parchment too. She'll be ecstatic!</COLOR></FONT>
Ai-chan​
<i>
</i>
<i>
</i>
Haru-neechan it is then!!

Please don't call me Edogawa-san, I feel like it's my brother or my father you're calling, Nee-chan. I would really love it if you would call me Ai-chan. And in return I'll call you Haru-neechan, ne?

I don't mind if it's ordinary pen and paper, Nee-chan. It's been a long time since I've seen them again, and it is quite refreshing to see it again. Don't worry Haru-nee, I'll ask Ryuuji-niisan to give you some so that you could try using the quill, ink and parchment.

Ah, yes. Nii-san had quite told me about his inability to cook. And I must say that it is true, but he did manage to bake some cookies for me back then, maybe he could try again. You should really teach him, Nee-chan. I'm pretty sure he's eager to learn and I'm sure you'd be able to teach him.

It's probably my fault that he's worrying and not being his usual self. Gomen ne. Arigato as well, Haru-neechan.</FONT>
With Love,
Ai-chan​
<i>
</i>
<FONT font="Times New Roman">

<FONT font="Monaco"><COLOR color="Purple">Afterwards, Ai tied the letters to Sadie's talons and asking the owl to bring the basket over to Japan. She gave it some treats and let it rest for a while. The Hufflepuff opened the windows and went over to lie on her bed. Sadie could leave when she was ready, that much Ai knew and so she fell asleep, waking up the next day to find her owl and the basket of treats gone. Possibly on its way to Japan.
[/i][/color]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back