A Breezy Outing

Silus scowled at Falon's comment, and he crossed his arms across his chest defensively. "Yes. Here's my friend Lyra. We go back to our first year, but I don't speak with her under any circumstances. And I am never to hang out with her." He responded dryly, kicking at a small rock on the ground. "That's pure bull and you know it is." He added a little louder. Silus then paused for a moment, actually trying to attempt at reasoning with her for a moment. "It might be hard for this to sink into that thick head of your's, but I'm not trying to break Lyra and your brother up." The dark haired youth admitted truthfully. He looked the Urie girl in the face, and knew it was all in vain.

Silus tensed, hearing footsteps shuffling closer. He groaned and his face went hard again. "I never get caught. If it's a teacher this is all your fault." He hissed under his breath. And it indeed was. Where was the silver lining in this damned day? He turned to face the professor that now stood before them, and he tried his best to clear the anger from his face. He was about to answer the man's question with a rather snarky remark, but before he could she sassed something out herself. He almost chuckled, but then he remember this was Urie's sister, and he composed himself.

It just dawned on him that the Professor only assumed the two of them were here, and that thought pleased him. While he wished it had been "Fee" and his sister to have been caught while he and Lyra went unnoticed, that just wasn't the case, and he smiled. Here was the silver lining. Silus would get the satisfaction out of fooling this idiot professor. Hopefully his companion wouldn't ruin it.

"You caught us.." He said honestly, his voice filled with disappointment. "We just came out for a couple good kisses." Silus said, looking crossly towards the man. Inwardly, he was having to keep from wretching, but what else would this guy buy? This was the most likely story given the circumstances.

Professor Orbon looked over the two children, one who seemed to have an attitude and the man tried not to seem amused by her. That was something he might've said as a child too but that was neither here nor there. As the man had never taught either of the children he could not guess their names or their houses but before he got a chance to ask this of them the strange looking young man spoke. Eduardo looked at the boy who spoke up next and he cringed at the explanation for their visit into the forest. "I uh... appreciate your honesty," he said to the boy but the thought was certainly a little jarring for him. More than that it was a little unbelievable if he were to guess but stranger things had happened before, probably. Instead of dwelling on the over-sharing Eduardo said sternly, "However, this area is strictly out of bounds for students." Regaining his strength and the hold on the conversation, the man did not wait for a response before he continued to speak, "And so I'll ask you for your names and houses now." The man listened now for the young, unlikely couple.

Upon Silus' reply to her comment, Falon snorted, rolling her eyes again. "I think you don't understand the word "sneaking"." Falon responded, shaking her head. She didn't believe the Ravenclaw when he said he wasn't trying to break them up, but before she was able to tell him that he had a funny way of showing it, he blamed being caught on her. Falon mouthed 'unbelievable'.
His next comment, completely threw her off. Falon knew she had to play it cool in front of the Professor, but she was furious at the boy for making a comment like that. It was disgusting for him to think she'd even think about kissing him or that that was even an option. She forced a smile on her face as the Professor thanked them for their honesty, and stood up brushing her pajama shorts when he asked for their names. "That's okay Professor, we'll be off now anyway." She answered, without giving her name. "Come on, Silus Hollister, Seventh Year Ravenclaw. Let's go." Falon knew he'd probably reply in kind, but she wanted to give him up first.

Silus kicked at another rock and watched as it hit a nearby tree, scraping some of the bark off. "Well next time I'll be sure to get a permission slip." The Ravenclaw replied snarkily, standing back up and getting ready to head off towards the castle and escape from her. He couldn't stand one more minute being near the Urie girl, and he regretted wasting his breath trying to shoot straight and be somewhat cordial with her.

But now, after witnessing the professor's level of discomfort, he almost didn't mind having to make his previous statement. "Thank you, sir. I try." Silus answered, and he swore he could feel the anger rolling off the Gryffindor in waves. He turned his head and smiled at her, knowing the professor would probably see it as an affectionate gesture. She deserved it. He hadn't meant to spite her by doing this, but that was definitely a bonus.

Silus went to follow in her footsteps, relieved she hadn't wrecked this so far. He had to roll his eyes as she not only gave his name out in full, but his year and house as well. He hadn't expected it to be otherwise, but the way she'd so eagerly given him up and formally stated everything sounded suspicious. It's not like the professor wouldn't be able to find that latter part out. "Alright, Furie. I know you're mad at me for dragging you out here, but don't deprive me of finishing what we had started when we get back." He said with a smirk, simultaneously trying to spite her and cover for them at the same time. He wasn't concerned with giving up her name as eagerly as she had done for him. One way or another that would become known soon enough.

Sorry for the late response. It's been a busy few days!
Eduardo had been finding amusement in the pair but that amusement stopped quickly. "I did not say you were excused." Eduardo did not yell nor did he seem angry - he was just firm. "You will both follow me to Professor Kingsley and Professor Cliffeton's offices." he said sharply - this was a contrast to how easy going he'd been before they had tried their hand too much. At the end of the day he couldn't seem soft and have it heard around the school and get into trouble with the Headmistress. She didn't seem as easy going as the last was. "Walk," Eduardo told the two. Seeing as he hadn't heard anything elsewhere in the forest thus far he would have to assume that these two were doing as they said and had been foolish. If they were first years he might've been more sympathetic but they were both older students who needed to know better by now. They were not just going into a forest they were treading on land that wasn't theirs - where it was dangerous for wizard to go because of the troubles between man and many beasts. These children should know better by now - they were not going to be children for much longer and their entitlement irritated the man the more that he thought of it.
<i>
</i>

Falon didn't respond to Silus, she just rolled her eyes. The only reason she was even out there was because of Felix and Lyra, they owed her big time. She just added it to the list of all the things her twin owed her, which she was sure would come in handy one day. The smile Silus sent her after thanking the Professor made the owing from her twin that much bigger. Falon couldn't understand how Lyra could be friends with someone like that.
The Gryffindor huffed when the Professor got strict. She didn't really expect her plan to work; to just be able to walk back to the castle with no repercussions, but a girl could dream. Silus dropped her surname, and she was surprised that he didn't give her up as readily as she had given him up, but it didn't stop her regretting what she said, as he continued to speak. "Shut up Hollister." Falon tried to say lightly, as if she was being playful.
Falon began to walk after the Professor as he commanded them to, she had never been in trouble with her Head of House before, but she was sure the lady would be angry, especially to be woken up at such an hour.

Silus let out an unamused chuckle and glanced sideways at the Urie girl, a wry smile on his lips as he sent her a look that was patronizing at the least. Even someone of her intelligence couldn't have actually thought this git would simply allow them to walk off. Perhaps she wasn't used to not getting her way.

Turning back to face the professor and ignoring the Gryffindor's snip, the Ravenclaw feigned a look of slight embarrassment. "Ah, professor... Don't tell me you never experienced a similar scenario before." Silus stated, a playful, knowing look in his light blue eyes, his expression pleading for a little understanding and lenience. He inwardly groaned, tired again and wishing for this all to be over.

"I swear you'll never find the two of us out here again." He promised, keeping the contempt out of his voice as his gaze slid over to Urie's sister. For the first time in this encounter he was being comepletely honest. The thought of Silus being alone with her again made him want to dive off the edge of the school's cliffs.

OOC: I apologize for the late reply. It's been a nutty week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back