A Blue Rose

Snow Blaze

Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Snow walked aimlessly at the Hogwarts Rosebush. She had read the sign or rather; the memento of someone who had died early. Snow didn't know much about what happened. In fact, she doesn't have any idea regarding that matter.

She walked and walked along the grounds, ignoring the students who had visited the area jut as she did. For almost an hour, Snow studied the roses and marveled at their beauty. "Just like the beautiful things in this world. Just like how everything is beautiful..." she mumbled, not noticing that someone was looking at her and that the person had heard what she said.

Nixie loved the lake. Or just water in general. She loved to swim, she loved the rain. As she walked toward the rosebush, she saw a girl there. She recognized her from the Sorting Ceremony and in the Common Room so she must have been a first year.
"Just like the beautiful things in this world. Just like how everything is beautiful", The girl was saying.
Nixie grinned. It was hard to find people who appreciated the simpler things. People who just loved life instead of complaining about it. The rosebush itself seems to say that since it was a memorial for someone who's life was tragically cut short.

"You can say that again", Nixie said, making herself noticed, hoping she didn't startle the girl. She walked to the girl's side, caressing the soft roses as she went,"I'm Nixie, by the way."

Snow jerked her head to see another girl behind her. She was a bit surprised when the girl talked. Snow didn't expect anyone to hear her. And she just said something so stupid.

She smiled. "Hi, Nixie. Have we met before or something...?" Snow asked the girl, trying hard to remember the party the Ravenclaws had for the first years. Snow had met many new people there, and she can't really remember all of them, especially those who didn't talk to her. "I think I saw you somewhere. I'm Snow, anyway."

"Well, we haven't really met, but we're both first year Ravenclaws", She explained, smiling kindly at the girl's shock of her arrival.

"Snow..",Nixie repeated. It was simple but in a way, profound,"That's a very pretty name!"

Snow smiled at the compliment. "Though I think 'Snow' is too simple. But your name is very cute. It reminds me of those fairy stories." Looking back at the flowers, Snow picked one white flower. "Pretty," she mumbled. But then Snow realized something. "Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed, looking panicky.

"It is simple", Nixie replied,"But it's the kind of name that is just.. mysterious."
"My name means 'water nymphs' ", She explained.

Nixie watched Snow lift up a flower, admiring it.
"Oh my gosh!", She suddenly yelped.

"What?", Nixie yelped back,"Is something the matter?"

Snow cupped her mouth with her hand and looked at the rose on her hand with a horrified look. "I didn't mean to pick it!" she exclaimed, pertaining to the rose. "We're not allowed to pick flower here, right??" she walked back and forth, panicking.

Nixie shook her head.
"I'm sure you are allowed...", She assured Snow. And then added with a smile,"Besides, otherwise it would have lived out its short rose life part of the bush. Now it has a purpose!"

Nixie gently took the rose from her hands and placed it behind Snow's ear.
"See?", Nixie explained,"Now everyone can see its beauty!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back