Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 13.5" Sturdy Mahogany Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
Set in May 2041
Dannii walked through the streets of Paris enjoying a warm spring day. The sun was shining bright overhead, but it wasn't too hot yet. The smell of new blooming flowers hung in the air. It was an extremely welcome change as it was almost winter back home in New Zealand. She had dug to the back of her closet, and found a dress just for this occasion. She had learned of an art show going on in the Parc des Buttes Chaumont, and Dannii had jumped on the chance to go see some art in a casual, and warm, setting. This would be the perfect place for a date. Dannii thought as she strolled down the path leading to the place where all the art would be displayed. It had been a long time since Dannii had had anyone to take on a date though. Sure she had casual things every once, and a while, but anytime Dannii sensed the guy was starting to get feelings for her she broke it off. If she ended it before feelings got involved no one would get hurt. Finally Dannii passed through some trees, and there was a clearing filled with paintings, drawings, and sculpture of all kinds. Dannii rushed down as fast as her heels would permit, and headed for some paintings that had a small crowd. They were very nice, and Dannii didn't understand why they didn't have more of a crowd. I would love to paint something like this. I wonder who the artist is. Dannii wanted to ask them about what kind of paints they used. She was a fan of acrylics, but wanted to branch out a little more. The witch noticed that there was a name signed at the bottom of one of the canvases. Rue Un-No! Dannii snapped her head up, and looked around. It had been years since the two had been roommates, but sure enough there she was. "Rue?" Dannii asked the short woman a few feet away.​

The park was beautiful. Actually, most of Paris was, which was why Rue still hadn't left. Her two week holiday had quickly extended into a more permanent stay, and she wasn't at all sorry for it; after all she'd endured in New Zealand, some time away from the familiar had been exactly what she'd needed.

But between the sights and the sun and the majestic city, the part-goblin found herself yearning after something she couldn't place. An emptiness had taken up residence inside her that no art shows or beautiful parks could fill, despite her trying. These material things filled the void for a little while. But the moment she left, and retired to her small terraced house on the northern outskirts of the city, the emptiness returned. Presently, her attack against this was to spend as much time out of the house as possible until she could decide where it was life was trying to call her next. The art show at Parc des Buttes Chaumont was today's choice of distraction, and though it wasn't busy, a fair crowd had gathered on the green to browse the open air exhibition. A piece of Rue's own work sat proudly on display amongst the canvases of all shapes and sizes. At four foot two, she had a hard time seeing past everyone, and on more than one occasion was asked if she was lost, and where her mother was. This was a regular occurrence.

A familiar voice to Rue's left spun her head in that direction. No! Could it really have been...? "Dannii?" she said, her face warming with delight. What were the chances? Rue closed the short gap between them by stepping forward to hug the girl's waist. As she pulled away, she said, "'Ow 'ef you been? It 'as been so long! Are you 'ere on 'oliday?"

Dannii couldn't help but giggle when Rue came up, and gave her a hug. In her heels Dannii was just over 6 feet, and here was Rue who was just about 4. Even so she returned the hug as best she could. The two had been best friends in school; almost like sisters. When they had first graduated of course they made the promises that they would keep in touch, but it was a lot harder than it sounded. Then when Dannii had received her quidditch injury she had cut off contact with everyone for almost a year including Rue. "I know! It's been way too long I'm so sorry," Dannii said as they pulled away from the hug, "It's been an interesting 12 years. Merlin can you believe it's been that long already? It feels like just yesterday I was playing for the Hufflepuff quidditch team. You could call it a holiday, but that would imply I had a schedule to take a holiday from." the witch joked. Being an artist her schedule was pretty open. Of course the inheritance she had gotten when her great aunt died helped a fair bit as well. If she had the chance though Dannii would give it all away to bring Muriel back. The woman had been like a mother to her. "What about you? What have you been doing? Are you still with that Miles guy?" Dannii asked. She was curious to know everything. As much as she had disliked the boy for getting Rue pregnant as such a young age she hoped the two were happy. That was if they were even still together. Young love was fickle that way.​
<i></i>

The apology was sweet, but much too generous; Rue was equally responsible for their lack of the correspondence they had promised one another at graduation. The part-goblin had moved to France not a week after the ceremony's end, and keeping in touch with anybody who reminded her of the life she'd been trying to leave behind had not been a priority. But twelve years had passed since her miscarriage, and several more since her cancer diagnosis, and she was now quite ready to move on. "'As it really? Twelve years? Zat is unbelievable! You 'ef not changed a bit." At the mention of Miles, Rue smiled a little regretfully. "No, 'e and I 'ef not spoken for many years. I zink it is probably for ze best!" She had, once upon a time, loved Miles with all her heart; but she had since grown in ways that the man could likely not have kept up with. "So what do you do, now?" Rue asked Dannii curiously. "'Ow come you 'ef no schedule?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back