A Big Question * closed *

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
Bruin had been spending a fair bit of time alone and doing a lot of thinking lately. Thinking about the past, the future, friendships, Quidditch, and well, girls. He realized that he had made a lot of dumb decisions in his life concerning the fairer sex and he wanted to avoid any further ones over the remainder of the year. As the Yule Ball approached, Bruin knew that he had some important decisions to make and that he needed to speak to someone, someone whom he respected and trusted. As Cyndi left the Arithmancy classroom, Bruin called out to her.

"Hey Cyndi! Wait up a sec... I was wondering if I could ask you something?"

After putting away her books and papers, Cyndi began to walk out of the Arithmancy classroom. When she heard a familiar voice call out to her, however, she stopped and turned around. It was Bruin, her fellow Gryffindor 7th year, and he said he wanted to ask her something. "Sure Bru! What's up?" Cyndi said easily as she waited for him to catch up.

Bruin had been already to ask his question until Cyndi actually made it easy for him to do so and then, well, he froze up as he often did around girls. It was particularly strange at this time as Bruin had known Cyndi for so long and they had always been able to talk comfortably and easily. The past summer vacation spent together at Andy's and then his own house had been one of the best times of his life and now here he was fumbling over his words again.

"Umm, well...I was wondering if you had a date for the Yule Ball yet?" he managed to sputter. "I mean, I thought it might be nice to go together if you didn't, being our last year and all... I mean...if you could bear being my date, that is?" Bruin's ridiculous pun only made the whole situation more comical and he almost began wishing that Cyndi would say no, so that he could simply tuck his tail between his legs and scamper off like the sick puppy he now felt like.

Cyndi had no idea what Bruin wanted to ask her, and was actually curious to find out. It was to her great surprise that she realized that Bruin was asking her to be his date to the Yule Ball. Cyndi had never seen him so flustered before, and listened in utter silence as he finished his question with a pretty bad pun. She was speechless for a moment and felt her face flush a little as she considered. She didn't have a date yet and she knew that there was no one she would rather go with than Bruin. She had known him since almost her first day at the school and he had been nothing but a good friend from the beginning. In the last few years, especially as the amount of students in their year had dwindled, they had gotten to know each other even better.

"No." Cyndi began with a smile on her face, "I don't have a date yet. I would love it if we went together. Just one thing... promise me that you'll never use that bear joke again." she ended with a laugh.

Bruin's confidence waned a little with the initial look of surprise on Cyndi's face and when her first word was "No", but returned quickly when her usual friendly smile returned and she accepted his invitation. He panicked again a little when she said "Just one thing...", but laughed with her when she commented on his bad pun. "Yeah, that was pretty lame, eh? Anyways, that's great... I think we'll have a really great time together." Bruin replied honestly, knowing that he would be able to relax now that he had a beautiful girl and wonderful friend as his date to his final Yule Ball. "So, any requests for what you'd like me to wear? Basic black or something with a bit of colour? My boss at Gladrags normally hooks me up with something nice..."

(OOC-I'm going to be away for a couple days, so I'm not ignoring your reply)

Cyndi's grin widened as Bruin said that he thought they would have a good time together. "I think so too" Cyndi said happily. She knew that she would have a good time going with Bruin to their last Yule Ball.

"I don't even know what I'm going to wear, but I'm sure whatever you pick will look fine." Cyndi said as Bruin asked what he should wear. Now that she had someone to go with, Cyndi knew that she would have to begin looking for a dress and shoes for the Ball and soon.

((It is ok...I was actually away this weekend))

Bruin was unsure whether Cyndi recalled his blow-up with Ford at the Yule Ball a few years back, so he decided that he would offer her some reassurance that he had learned his lesson. "Sounds great, black it is. Oh, and Cyndi... I promise that I will be a perfect gentleman and that I won't even go near the food table this year." He said with a wink, recalling having crashed through it with Ford in his one Yule Ball gone wrong.

Cyndi giggled as Bruin mentioned not going near the food table. She remembered all too well the fight that had broken out a few years back that had ended with both him and Ford through a table and food splattered everywhere. "Well as long as you just go to it and not through it, it should be fine. Wouldn't want you ruining anyone's chance for some pie or anything" she laughed.

"All right, fair enough..." Bruin replied with a smile. "Well, I've got to stop at the little wizard's room. I'll catch up with you later.", he added as he gestured to one of the boy's washrooms.

Bruin was glad that he had found a friend like Cyndi to go to the Yule Ball with. They had been good friends for such a long time that he knew the conversation would be fun and entertaining, the pressure would be minimal, and that they could simply enjoy what promised to be a pleasant and enjoyable evening together. With all of the negative girl pressure that Bruin had felt lately, it was a tremendous relief to find a date was simply perfect for the occasion.

"See you later then" Cyndi replied as Bruin left to go use the bathroom.

As she continued walking, Cyndi kept a smile on her face. She knew that she would have a really good time at the ball this year. Bruin was one of her really good friends, and they always managed to have a good time together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back