A bell for the lion ((Bruin))

Hoshi Icchihara

OOC First Name
Ana V
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
It was still a bit early in the day but Masquerade wanted to give herself time to do everything that she was planing to do. Hoshi was in her Mischief Day outfit and glittery mask which had charms placed on it so only Hoshi could take it off either magicly or other wise. Masquerade could also not talk while the mask was on her face though she could make the glitter on it spell out words in the air.

Masquerade set a box outside the Gryffedor portret. She knew it was here because she had seen Tohoru go though her more then enough times. In the box Masquerade had placed a pin that said "#1 Head Boy". It was not what it seemed to be. The pin when clipped on to a shirt activated a jinx that made the ware's head swell to twice it's normal size. Masquerade grined to herself behind the mask then took up a rather poor hiding place behind a suit of armor. Then again Masquerade didn't exsactly want to hide. She also left a note on the box.

To our eliustires Head Boy, With love.

Bruin was just returning to Gryffindor Tower from one of his early morning training sessions and was still dripping wet from a brief dip in the lake that he had enjoyed at the conclusion of it. As Bruin was about to step through the Portrait Hole, he noticed a small box sitting on the floor and he picked it up and read the note. A puzzled look stretched over his normally relaxed facial features and he began to wonder who might have left this parcel here and why?

Certainly if it was a Gryffindor they would have left it outside his dorm room and not out in the corridor. If it was from someone he knew and trusted from another house, then they would have given it to him directly and not risked it being picked up by someone else. If it was valuable, it wouldn't have been left here to be taken. Unless it simply hadn't been left? Something occurred to Bruin suddenly, it was in this very corridor that someone had tried to prank him last year. Would someone be so brazen to try it again?

Bruin placed his hand casually inside his pocket and allowed his fingers to grip the handle of his wand. The Seventh Years had practiced Non-Verbal magic extensively the previous year and Bruin cast Homenum Revelio! silently, allowing his gaze to drift casually down the hall to the marker that now drew his attention to a suit of armor that offered some obstruction to his line of sight. Bruin looked back down at the box and contemplated his next move.

Masquerade poked her head out the side of the suit of armor though she could sort of feel that a spell had been cast. She ducked back behind the armor as if she didn't know and got ready for what happened next. She hadn't pranked Bruin last year. She had pranked the entierdy of the Gryffendor House. Or atleast tried to. It had worked for the most part and she had been working with Larissa.

This year she was alone and looking for a face off with the very Head Boy that had made the entire school think that her group was capable of murder. She only wished that she had told Arisa about this. She would have more than likely wanted to help. Masquerade had not expected Bruin to ware the pin right away. She wanted to mock him a little bit. It would be the last year she would be able to do so.

Next year a new Head Boy would be chosen and Hoshi would have to think of something to make his life hell. For now Masquerade would have to make do with taking on this year's Head Boy. Her puse quickened. This was going to be fun. Hoshi had second year magic which would not help much against the so much more expirenced seventh year but she did have some phisical skills that would help her in this.

Bruin thought he saw some movement down by the suit of armor out of the corner of his eye, but couldn't be certain. Whatever the case, he was both intriqued to find out what was in the box and to find out who had left it for him. Against his better judgement, Bruin slipped the lid off of the box and looked down at the pin. "#1 Head Boy, eh?" He joked loudly. "Hard not to be #1 when there isn't any competition!" He added with an equally loud laugh before adding in a stage whisper. "Such a shame that I don't know who it's from! My parents always told me not to accept gifts from strangers!"

With that said, Bruin tossed the open box onto the floor where he had found it. He would head through the portrait hole in a moment and not give the gift a second thought, but would at least give the individual hiding down the hall the opportunity to show themself if they had the nerve to. Bruin had a lot of pent up anger and emotion at the moment and while he wouldn't initiate a confrontation with a fellow student, lord help the person who was foolish enough to challenge him. There were a lot of reasons to avoid angering this particular Head Boy.

Masquerade in her flats was 4"11' but the falts where nessery. She heard the sound of the box and the stage whisper. This was her que to come out. Masquerade first poked her head out again letting Bruin see the blue gittery mask then pirueted out like a ballerina. She stopped a short distance away from the suit of armor and bent in half in a short stage bow.

Masquerade put her gloved hand to the frozen lips of the mask, making it look like she was blowing a kiss. The glitter formed the words 'You rang me lord?' The hair was black as night and picked up at the back. The clothes where not really all that over the top. Masquerade had gone though greath lainthes to make sure that it could be anyone under the mask she was waring. Masquerade brought herself back up but still looked really dancy or like a marrionet who's stings where being pulled. Not even the slits where eyes could be seen gave off any clue to who was under the mask.

What the heck is going on? Bruin wondered as a rather tall, apparently female figure stepped out from behind the suit of armor, did a little dance move and then bowed towards him. Bruin read the words on the mask and his confusion only grew. "Uh, I don't know who you are, but I'm not anybody's lord! Care to shed some light on what's going on? What this is all about?" the Head Boy asked in a polite, if confused tone.

Masquerade tilted her head from side to side to give a little creepyness to the moment then flicked at the lips of the mask so that the glitter would flowt out and make words in the air. 'A gift for he who keeps my kind in check.' the glitter spelled out the faided after giving just enough time to read them. She sliped on to a bannester and swong her legs like a child. It would have looked cute if her mask did not have a permanantly frozen empty expression on it.

"Uh, that's nice and all, but I don't need a pin to remind me of who I am and what my job is." Bruin replied truthfully. He did his job well, but despite his many awards like to remain modest about his accomplishments. "I don't think I'd feel all that comfortable wearing it, maybe you should hold onto it until you next year?" he added, placing the lid back on the box.

"So, what exactly is your kind anyways?" Bruin asked out of curiosity, a little unsure of just who he was dealing with and what they perceived themself as.

Masquerade placed a hand to the frozen lips of the mask and shook her shoulders in a silent giggle. 'Troublemakers, Pranksters, fun lovers. Choose' Spelled out the glitter in the air. She meant choose what to call them. There was going to be a lot more pranks after this. It was Mischief Day after all. Like the Banner in the Entrance Hall stated. She had something in her pocket that she would try and get on Bruin when she got the chance. But confusing him like this was fun for now.

Bruin's guard was already up, but he didn't feel at all threatened by the character down the hall. His wand was at the ready and now that he knew what he was dealing with, he had no intention of handling the box any longer. He placed it on the ground and pulled out his wand, levitating it down the hall towards her with a casual wave of his wand. Non-verbal magic was difficult and Bruin wanted this individual to know that he was capable of it and more.

"Sorry, but I don't accept gifts from people who have their fun at other people's expense." Bruin replied calmly, a little disappointed that people like this one hadn't learned from last year's experience.

Masquerade caught the box and put her hand onto her heart. 'Disapointing' was what the glitter spelled out next. She knew to some extent what the Head Boy was capable of. The fact that he had pranked the entire school in one go was something that she hoped to do one day. Not with the intent that Bruin had but still. Masquerade put the box down on the banester then started to do flips suddenly towards the Head Boy. If Bruin shot any spells they would have come close but not hit her at the speed she was going.

Masquerade jumped off the ground doing a sort of summer sault on Bruin's right shoulder and turing around to smack him in the back of the neck, a sort of paper with not so stronge adhiseve was on her hand which she had the intent to stick on the spot she had hit. Masquerade allowed herself to tip off, landing on pointed toe to tworl once and bow deeply with one leg out and her hand on it. This was the prank. To get her mark on the Head Boy. The paper was the wizarding version of a muggle temperary tattoo the only diffence being that it transpherd in seconds not minutes. Masquerade waited in the possition she had put herself in for Bruin's next move.

Bruin stood as the figure tumbled down the hallway towards her. He thought about simply stunning the person, but figured they'd land awkwardly and maybe get hurt. Bruin had more than a few pounds on this masked figure and simply braced himself for impact, a little surprised when he felt a sharp smack at the back of his neck. He turned and saw the person bow. Bruin simply laughed in spite of the situation and nodded his head approvingly. "You're pretty quick, but I wouldn't try smacking me again...ever!" he stated with an ominous smile, not aware that he had been essentially branded.

"So, is that it then? Just showing off your circus tricks? Because if you're done, I've got some more important stuff to do." he stated as he began moving towards the portrait hole, but not taking his hand off of his wand or his eyes off of the strange person.

Masquerade was bit surpised that the Head Boy had cursed the hell out of her but hey it was funny in retrospect. As Masquerade what little shame the person behind the mask had was gone. Besides it was good to dust off the old skills every once in a while. Masquerade came out of her bow and put her hands on the lips of the mask again. One came off so that the glitter in the air spelled. 'Noted, I don't do the same trick twice anyway.' The other came off. 'Be seeing you, with love Masquerade.' The glitter chainged into.

Masquerade then started to toworl down the corredor to a passageway hidden behind a tapestry that lead to another part of the Seventh floor. From there she would use the passage ways to get down down to her next target. There was no way she was letting more people than nessery see her like this. She would be in the outfit all day and if she ever wore it again without the mask someone might recongise it as the misstress of mayhem Masquerade.

Bruin stood there for a moment, shaking his head at what had just transpired. "What the heck was all that about?" he wondered to himself, but simply glad that it was over with no harm done.

Kat was heading out of Gryffindor house and as usual wasn't paying much attention to where she was going. As she exited the portrait hole she ran smack into the the back of someone taller and more solid than she was. It nearly knocked her over, but she caught herself before she stumbled over. "Ah crud!" Kat exclaimed as she looked at the back of the person she'd just run into. It was Bruin and he had something sparkly on his neck. She snorted loudly and said, "Sorry bud! Seems I've hit a klutzy streak again. Um, Bruin...it looks like a fairy sneezed on your neck. It's all glittery!"

Bruin should have known better than to stand so close to the Portrait Hole with his back to it, but was still somewhat dazed from the encounter with Masquerade. He turned around upon being bumped into by someone slightly shorter and less solid than he was. He laughed along with Kat, but then a strange look came over his face when she mentioned his neck. "What?" he replied as he ran his hand over his neck and noticed that his hand now had a glittery sheen to it as well.

"That whack-job must have put something on me when they smacked me. Does it look like its spreading at all?" He asked Kat, hoping that it wasn't and already planning on a trip to the showers.

"Whack-job?" Kat repeated, very confused at what the Head Boy was talking about. When he asked if it looked like it was spreading she looked at his neck where he'd smeared the shimmering mess. She licked her thumb and then rubbed it over the spot, removing a good portion of it. Then she realized what she'd just done. "Sorry, that's what mum does when we have dirt or something on us. Looks like a little soap and water should do the trick though," Kat said looking at her watch out of habit and noticing the time.

"Ugh, I hate to run...especially when you seem to be having a glitter crisis, but I'm late meeting someone," Kat said waving and taking off downstairs.

Bruin tried not to cringe as Kat offered up a little spit wash, but was relieved to hear that it would probably clean up with a little soap and water. "Uh, okay...thanks Kat!", he called after her and then turned for a quick trip to the showers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back