A beautiful day

Leah Winters

OOC First Name
Malynne
Wand
13" Sequoia Dragon heartstring
It was clearly a beautiful day. Or it would have been to any student out admiring the view on The North Tower, but for Leah Winters she had other cares than admiring something that would soon turn to darkness anyway. The reason she was here was to scope out her surroundings. She wished to know everything about this school and hopefully know where all the secret rooms and chambers would be.
Leah inspected the grounds from the tower making sure she had not missed anything on the lawns. She wondered why, on a day like this no one else was up here. If Leah was a different person, you could say...she felt alone.

Maddiie had just finish her last assignment for the day, when she felt herself linger towards the castle towers. Its been ages since she last visit, oh so many memories she held within the walls of the towers. The weather was awfully brilliant outside, but the greatest air to catch was the ones out the towers of the open windows. She hadn't expected anyone to be there, the corridors were completely emptied as she travel up here. So it had been a surprise when she spotted a girl, who seem to be around her own age. "Oh hello..." Maddiie say somewhat smiling "Would you like company?" she ask her.

The voice caught Leah by a surprise, oddly enough. She hadn't expected anyone to be up here. She glanced at the girl, and raised an eyebrow. Not really. She thought, wanting to say it aloud. However, she had made one enemy today by her unlikeable attitude, and decided that maybe just once she would take away this protective layer and attempt to try and make some friends.
"Yes, I suppose." Leah finally answered, not smiling. "Who are you?"

Maddiie didn't much budge by the girl attitude and simply answer in a casual tone of voice. "I'm Maddiie, you must be new..never really see you around here?" she would ask in a knowingly voice. Course Maddiie never meet her before, she had wonder if the girl was one of them transfer students. Recently she notice how well the school had grown, and was sort of excited to meet new faces in the classroom. "Beautiful day out isn't it? Sorry I didn't catch your name?"

"Because I didn't tell you it." Leah replied. Realizing what she had said, she placed a small smile on her face, and said. "I'm sorry." Not really... But I'd rather you not hate me. "It's Leah. Great to meet you." Leah walked over to the balcony a little away from Maddiie. "Yes. I suppose it is an alright day. But soon it will turn to darkness and, well, that's when the true beauty shows." Pausing, a remembering she had not answered the girls previous question, she said. "Anyway, yes I'm new. Have you been here long?"

"I understand" Maddiie would watch as Leah linger towards the balcony feeling a soft breeze whisper in. "And I'm not the type to hate people that I just met" she couldn't help but smile than let it slip away on a serious note. "No I've been here since my first year, it would be my last" she sighed a bit knowing how badly she will miss Hogwarts. Its been her home for so long, and soon she will be out, possibly staying at the cottage until she able to afford a flat on her own. Her future was still clear to her as she watched the girl, more in a trance like gaze. "Darkness can be beautiful in certain ways" she agree. "Especially when the fairies are out" she would explain a bit.

Instead of ignoring Maddiie, Leah whipped around, and faced her. "I still have a year yet to go." Luckily She thought to herself. "I pity you. It will be hard to leave this school after being catered to for so many years. I don't look forward to it either." She nodded in agreement about her comment about darkness. "Yes, indeed."

"But that's the beauty about life things change for the better or worst" Maddiie would say looking back at Leah. She was going to miss Hogwart but she had to move. She had to finally find a place were she belong, and than grow from there. "And its peaceful at night everything seems to calm down, and you notice the world beauty when the sun is down" she added hinting another smile at Leah. "What house are you in by the way?" Maddiie ask, as she two drifted towards the balcony as well.

What she said made sense somehow. It was true, one day she would have to go out on her own and fend for herself, but it couldn't possibly be all bad, could it? "You're right." She turned back to the balcony and stared out on the grounds, watching a bird soar over the lake. "I'm in Slytherin, as you can probably tell. And your house is...?"

As you can tell? What's that suppose to mean she would have to judge her? Maddiie thought what she meant, but than shrug it off. "I'm in. Hufflepuff.." she grin, her face lightenen up with the beaming of the sun reflecting her umbre complexion. Maddiie to would watch as the bird would soar passed them, wandering if its a sign or not.

How did I not guess. A Hufflepuff. Leah thought to herself, looking at the girl and studying her briefly before turning back to the grounds. "Well. Good." She was unsure what to say next. A awkward silence hovered around them.

Maddiie couldn't help notice Leah had felt silent for the moment. Maybe she was shy around other people she had thought as she ran a hand through her tawny tresses. Her hair would loosely brush back as she open her eyes to gaze some more. "I'm assuming your classes are going well? I hope." she ask wondering if Leah was in need of any help from her.

Leah nodded absent mindedly. She was doing reasonably well, for someone transferring this late. "I need to go." She finally said, remembering that she had to visit her family today. "I'll see you around."

"Farewell Leah" she would say, as she two disappear into the stairs of the towers. Maddiie hope she didn't scare the girl away, maybe she was to nice to be around with. She really should tone it down a lot more, when meeting new people, she thought scowling herself rushing towards her dorms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back