A badger's clumsiness against a serpent's temper.

Troy Cantor

OOC First Name
Effie
Wand
[Alakaslam] Curved 11 1/2 Inch Sturdy Laurel Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
For a guy who was incredibly bad at orienting himself, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was a cruel mockery of a place. If the castle was looking massive from the outside, its interior was even more impressive but also mighty for the young wizard. Long corridors with plenty of turns and rooms were going to be his nemesis and the boy had embraced the fact that seven years weren't just enough to get to know his new home like the back of his hand. If its complex structure wasn't just enough, the castle had also wonders he had never expected to witness. Owls at breakfast, plates and dishes filling and emptying in a blink of an eye, shifting staircases and moving portraits were just a few instances that Troy eventually had to get used to. He had started realizing just now the importance of the wand for the wizard when he stumbled across a group of students on his way to his first class. The older boys were involved in what seemed to be a duel in the middle of a corridor. Pointing wands were shooting sparks and jets of light. The spectacle had Troy linger at a safe distance and watch. Only when the students dispersed and the defeated left with inhumanly, elongated teeth, Troy realized he was going to be late for his first class.

The first year picked up his pace feeling he had finally found the right way. His backpack was chock full of textbooks and items he was going to need during class. In his hands he was holding his most precious possession. The sketch book he was recording visuals of his daily life. A strange feeling of excitement rushed through him as he thought of the new things he was going to fill with the remaining blank pages. He snapped out of his drifting thoughts when he realized the corridors were now empty. The majority of students had already entered to their classrooms and he had to do the same soon if he didn't want to be late the first day of his wizarding education. Believing his classroom was just around the corner he began sprinting. In his rush, Troy stepped on his shoelaces and tripped on someone hard. His sketchbook flew into the air and fell on the floor with a thud.

OOCOut of Character:
- Godmodding that might occur will only take place after all roleplayers' approval.
- Professors or anyone who might/can interfere, please pm first before doing so.
- This topic may be the beginning of future plots.

Thank you :)

The slytherin had hoped to move past his foul mood but he woke up as bad-tempered as the night of the sorting ceremony. After three months of vacation he had to see again the gray-eyed girl. He wasn't sure what exactly was with her that was ticking him off but it seemed they fostered mutual feelings of abhorrence. Last night they had been constantly exchanging nasty glances from their respective house tables in the Great Hall and it was the hint of arrogance she was oozing that was aggravating him. Aras had attempted to frame her so many times but it looked like she had gulped down gallons of liquid luck for she was always escaping humiliation and punishment the last moment. These narrow escapes were really getting on his nerves and the fact she knew this.

He wasn't in the right mood for classes, however, he had no choice but to attend them. During holidays he was lectured by his father for hours about his terrible grades. His father wasn't the type of person you wanted to infuriate and Aras didn't want to make the same mistake again. He could get the grades his father wanted, it was just that he wasn't really fond of sitting in a class and then studying and revising. He wasn't a person of words and talk. He preferred letting his wand speak for him but this was limited to just a few classes.

He was about to feel the urge to draw it out and hex when he turned around a corner, sullen and with his head lowered. He collided with someone and sure it was the other's fault. Overflowed with irritation, Aras pushed back the boy away from him and automatically flourished his wand.
"Shove off idiot!" He hissed through clenched teeth, barely restraining himself from hexing the moron. He had to be a first year. The majority of them were incredibly irritating. For a split of a second his eyes fell on the book the boy dropped on the floor.
"Accio book!" He said casually with a swish of his wand and the book zoomed in his free hand. He flipped indifferently through its pages to find out it was just a sketchbook. His eyes shifted to the klutz and a gloating smile pushed up his cheeks. Aras crossed his arms against his chest still holding the boy's sketchbook and quirked an eyebrow. "Are you deaf apart from blind? I said get lost!" He was going to keep the sketchbook to teach this idiot a lesson.

Troy didn't have a moment to apologize for his clumsiness. He was pushed back forcefully and before he knew it, a wand was pointed at him. "Whoah! I-I'm sorry...I didn't mean it! It was a-an accident." He stammered and rubbed his sore shoulder where the older guy shoved him. Troy was taken by surprise. He hadn't expected such a ferocious reaction. He was indeed a clumsy person and this was happening to him all the time but he had never been treated in such a way before. Scared he raised his hands to protect himself when the unfriendly guy was about to use his wand. "I-I said I-." His plea was cut short as his sketchbook was obtained with the help of a spell by the guy. Troy took a thoughtless step forwards ready to snatch it out of the bully's hands but he was intimidated by his daunting posture and mocking expression. He actually took a step back when he was shooed in an ugly way but there was no way he was going to leave without his sketchbook. "I will!" His voice came out louder than he intended.
"Just please, give me back my book." He tried to sound as polite as possible. There was no excuse for this gross behavior. He hadn't done anything wrong. All he wanted was to take back what belonged to him and stay away from this ill-mannered guy.

The bad-tempered slytherin was expecting the boy to flee. Instead he took a stand and demanded back his sketchbook. Aras thought that making the boy's life miserable was going to be fun. Especially if he was a first year gryffindor. He shared the same bravado with that gryffindor b*tch and he was going to suffer the consequence. The sketchbook seemed to be important to him. He wasn't going to take it back today. Aras pointed once more his wand at the boy. His expression cold and his eyes emotionless.
"I can easily send you petrified at the hospital wing...but I won't." His voice silky soft but his words sharp as a knife.
"Consider yourself lucky and walk away. I'll keep this as a token of my kindheartedness." He chuckled in a sinister way and waved the sketchbook. "Now, get out of my sight." He barked and kept pointing his wand straight at the boy's face in case he decided to do anything stupid.

The guy's voice sent unpleasant shivers electrocuting down Troy's spine. It looked like he meant what he just said and had no moral constraints to do so. Troy was at a loss of how he should act. Minutes ago he had seen what wands could do. He stood no chance against the guy who was pointing his wand at his face. He had no idea of how to cast spells to defend himself. Running away was not an option either. Under different circumstances he would have but the sketchbook was in sinister hands and in its pages he had drawn his life and thoughts. The normally timid boy narrowed his green eyes and decisively searched his pocket. His hands were shaking and almost dropped his wand as he was pulling it out, its tip caught on the welt of his pocket. He managed to keep a tight grip and pointed Alakaslam (that's what he had named his wand) back at the guy. Reckless or brave he was going to stand his ground.
"I said, give it back! Now!" He warned him courageously in spite of how hopeless and helpless he really felt.

The boy was foolishly testing his patience and Aras' eyes flashed with irritation when the boy disobeyed him and drew his wand. A sinister chuckle escaped his lips as he doubted this boy could really do anything with his wand. Any expression on Aras' face vanished abruptly. "Expelliarmus!" His cast was quick. The wand yanked out of the boy's hand and flew towards Aras. He caught it in the air and examined it for a moment before looking back at the first year. "You didn't learn your lesson so I'm claiming your wand as well." He smirked and his light-colored eyes gleamed with malevolence. "I don't really like repeating myself you know." He sighed frowned, as if he was not pleased with what he was going to do. "You leave me no choice. Depulso!" He shot his banishing charm from close range. Aras lowered his wand as he watched the boy blasting backwards, across the corridor before dropping onto the floor. He walked over at him, shaking his head as if he had been forced to do something he didn't want to. "That's what you get for not showing respect." He looked down at the boy on the floor with a derogatory manner.

If there was one subject that could bore to death Elfrida Asbaek, then that would have been history of magic. Ironically, it was her first class at her new school. Way to get off to a good start. She completely failed to remain focused on the lesson and soon enough she wanted to get out of the room. She raised her hand and after a kind request, the professor allowed her to visit the restroom. Elfi felt like she could breathe again as she closed the classroom's door behind her. Truth was she didn't really needed to use the restroom but just the walk to find one on that floor was going to be enough for her come around.

She followed the corridor to hear commotion coming from her and she changed her course to see what was going on. A boy around her age was mistreating a younger one. Elfi just witnessed the older one casting what seemed to be a banishing charm on the defenseless boy. She wasn't going to see past this and walk away. "Hey! What's going on here?" She stormed towards them clearly addressing the guy who had to be at her year. She gave him a mean look while ignoring the wand he was holding. She knelt to help the boy. "Are you okay?" She asked concerned before shifting again her attention at the blonde guy. "Why don't you mess with somebody at your age?" Elfi stood up, her hands on her waist. She could see what was going on there. The older guy was picking on the younger one who obviously was a first year and couldn't fend for himself. The girl absolutely hated people who were victimizing others who seemed defenseless. She was actually disgusted and so frustrated that she didn't give a damn about the wand now pointing at her and also didn't notice the book and the other wand he was also holding in his other hand.
"Seriously, what's your problem?" She asked more than ready to confront him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back