OOC First Name
Alex
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
The summer heat keeps going up as the summer season nearing its end in Texas. Isabella was worried about their farm animals that she took upon her and her husband to share the work load on keeping them hydrated once their employees had gone home for the day. The woman replenished their stock tank for the day and did a roll count of their animals before feeding them, while doing her task, Isabella's muggle phone alerted her with an incoming message. Although not expecting to get something from anyone that day, she was surprised her son had message her saying he'll be stopping by tonight. Not mentioning his girlfriend.

She sigh and finished her tasked before dark even though darkness doesn't fall until 9 pm. As she finished the last feeding at the chicken coop, a car rev their engine by the garage door. Isabella could see a white Tesla parked from her vantage point. Somebody turned 16 and got their driver's license Isabella thought, knowing who had just arrived.

Both hands on the wheel, Dallas was very excited to have pass her driving test and has acquired her provisional driver's license. Although it was quite a handful to learn how to drive when you only get to drive on Holidays and Summers but with her dad's help and encouragement, she finally can drive. Alone, Dallas drove from Johnson City where she lives to her Aunt's place in Fredericksburg. About 33 mins.

She'd taken the route before with her dad and knows the speed limit. The slick Tesla was quiet and smooth to ride on but didn't dare to use the autopilot. After all, this is Texas where old ways are the good ways. Dallas arrived at her Aunt's place and parked by their garage. She rev the engine once and turned off the engine. The young driver got out of her car and waved at Isabella with her new license. "I did it! Mama Isa!" She called out to the older woman. Dallas ran to the gate of their back yard and entered it like she lives there. She had grown up around both sides of her family even when her parents are divorced.

He finished some work related stuff before informing his girlfriend that he will be going to his parents house for dinner. Austin thought that apparating won't be suitable for Jenna being she is pregnant and that the woman doesn't like the idea as well. The young man landed just in his parent's backyard, he still has to get used to apparating as means of an easy transportation between South Texas and Central Texas.

Austin noticed two women talking by the chicken coop and waved at them for an acknowledgement. He walked toward them, Austin noticed Dallas was there with his mom. A not-so-surprising coincidence.
"Hey! y'all! How's my lovely mother and my favourite cousin?" He chimed in with their conversation. Austin could fell the nervous feeling in his tone. Tonight would a difficult one for him.

The woman smiled at the newcomer, the young lady who entered their backyard was her niece Dallas, who happens to turn sixteen just this month. "Howdy, Dallas! I can tell, your dad wouldn't let you drive to go over my house if you didn't" She began. "I'm still proud of you though." Every Aunt in the world would if their nieces and nephews didn't have any single accident while learning how to drive. Isabella started to think about Austin and when he first learned how to drive. It wasn't a smooth ride with him but Isabella managed to encourage her son to try again. Apparently, on the second try, Austin passed his test and got his license.

The mother of one started to look on the newly hard printed license of Dallas when a pop sounded near the back sliding door of the house. Isabella looked up and saw her son approaching them.
"Dios mio, Austin. I totally forgot you're coming tonight." Still carrying the chicken feed bucket, she placed it beside the chicken coop and cleaned her hands on her dirty clothes. "Dallas, maybe call Vaudeville and ask for a to-go order. Order for us three, your uncle will be late tonight and might have just do dinner in Boston." Isabella asked Dallas. "Let's go inside before it gets dark and I must say, I need a change of clothes as well." She chuckled slightly but lead them inside the house.

She smiled proudly at her Aunt, "Gotta have it some point, mama." Dallas giggled. In the middle of their conversation, she heard a pop. Isabella and Dallas both looked at the direction where the sound came. Austin came out looking like he had just been to work. "I got my license and I'm still disappointed you couldn't make it to my birthday." Dallas wasn't, actually. Although he didn't say why or anything they couldn't come. It was only a three hours drive from where they were living to her house, less if you apparate but she heard Jenna doesn't like apparation due to a car accident but is willing to be drive around. For her it didn't made sense and something was up, Dallas could feel it.

Her confusion was halted by her Aunt's request for a take out at a local restaurant in Main Street. She nodded and obeyed as she took out her phone to order it through their website.

Austin just apologetically smiled at Dallas for missing her birthday party, to be honest, the young man was at her Quinceanera and that one was a huge party. All their relatives from Yucatan came as well as his Uncle's relatives from Germany and plus, some of her classmates. They were so many that they had to rent out the whole Six Flags for the event. "Mama, I'm not going to stay for dinner. I'm just here to tell you something." He was starting to get nervous as Austin looked from her mom to Dallas and back to his mom.

He wanted for this to be private but Dallas was family and she deserved to know that she'll have her first baby cousin arriving soon.
"I was going to tell you once it was over but my conscience isn't making me." He continued with a sigh. "Jenna is pregnant and she's almost full term. And no, we're keeping the baby. I'm sorry we didn't tell you sooner, it was just conflicting." Austin looked at the both of them, dread coming from his mother.

Isabella's smile faded as stopped and turned around to Austin and Dallas. She could tell the shock on Dallas' face and she too was the same. They were too young to have such a responsibility, her son was just starting at his new job and still taking his master's degree. She doesn't know what Jenna's career but raising a child needed both no-maj and wizarding ties. "I guess you've made your decisions." It was hard to say but she always wanted what's best for her son. Her smile came back but it wasn't the genuine one. "Do we have a gender for the little one? And a name perhaps?" Isabella tried to be happy.

As she typed the restaurants name on her browser search, Dallas stopped halfway as her cousin revealed something they never will expect that early. She looked up to her Aunt and then to Austin and back to her Aunt. So, that's why they can't come to my birthday. She was pregnant. Dallas was curious though why they didn't let them know what was going on, not that she cared about his girlfriend, Jenna. The family barely knew the woman. "I guess congratulations are in order." She chuckled nervously. But it seems her Aunt was okay with the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back