2:25 AM (I'm guessing)

Thomas Smith

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Core - Tail of Charmed Newt
Thomas made his way down the corridors, it was very quiet, eerily quiet. He and Joceline decided not to talk in case they got caught out at this time.

Thomas entered the kitchen first, keeping the door open for Joceline. The fire was sit alive, but dieing quickly. "Lumos." he said. And a bright light emitted from his wand. "So what would you like?" He asked her, standing beside the big table in the middle of the room.

Joceline smiled at Tommy when he opened the door for her as if she was saying 'thank you' then she covered her eyes from the bright light she saw from his wand, to adjust her eyes to it. Joceline lowered her hand and stared at the tip of his wand slightly mesmerized by magic, she had been raised as a muggle, so all of this was so new to her, she really didn't have a clue what was going on in classes but she tried her hardest to focus.

Joceline looked back up at Thomas as he spoke to her then said, "Hmm, not sure really, what would you like? I've been told I'm a great cook." Joceline smiled sweetly at him then looked around them, and her gaze soon returned to Thomas', her own blue orbs dancing joyfully.

Thomas watched Joceline look at his wand, "Sorry, is it too bright for you?" He asked her. Smiling Thomas said, "Wow, that's the first anyone asked me what I want. I'm normally the one who does the cooking." He said, "Not that I mind though." He added quickly. "Are you thinking of joining the cooking club then?" He asked out of curiosity.

He thought about what he would like as he looked around the kitchen seeing what they had, "I'm in the mood for something sweet. What do you think?" He asked her.

Joceline blushed and said, "Sorry I was raised like a muffle? muggle? I don't know much about the wizarding world, just can't get used to it can you?" Joceline giggled slightly then said, "Cooking club? Hmm, I don't think so.. what about you?"

Joceline bit her lip and she said, "Well, we could make cookies, cakes, brownies, uhm I'm not sure.. what would you like?" Joceline was up for anything really it didn't make much of a difference to her.

Thomas nodded in understandment when Joceline said she was raised as a muggle. He lifted his wand and got a bit of paper, as he walked he said, "To a certain extent I was raised as a muggle, but I come from a wizarding family. And yeah I signed up for the cooking club, I hope it starts soon" He said. As he said this he put the paper in the fire, just enough for it to have a small flame at the end of it and he re-lit the candles, so there was now a dim light in the kitchen. Just enough to see, but not to blind. 'Nox.' he said, and the light extinguised from his wand. "Better?" He asked Joceline.

Thomas deliberated over what they should make, "Mmm I love a good chocolate chip brownie." He said with a smile.

Joceline smiled nicely then said, "Me too.. " Joceline nodded her head and said, "Thanks love." Joceline beamed and said, "Great me too, you want to help? I don't mind making it myself, I just figured that it wouldn't be so dull for you." Joceline began getting the ingredients humming quietly as she did so, looking like a small pixie as she moved from place to place.

Thomas smiled and nodded, "Yeah I'm wide awake now, where should I start boss." He said, trying not to laugh, saluting Joceline as she moved around the kitchen getting all of the ingredients.

Joceline rolled her eyes playfully when Tommy saluted her then she said, "We need to mix all the ingredients together of course except the chocolate." Joceline got out a few bowls excitedly as she preheated the oven. She gave him a bright smile then said do you need a recipe love?"

Thomas laughed when he saw Joceline roll her eyes at him. He nodded when she said what they had to do. He lifted a wooden spoon out of utensils drawer and started to measure out the flour. He heard what Joceline said and looked at her with a, pretend, shocked look on his face, "What do you take me for." He turned back to the scales where he was weighing the flour and mubbled, "Doesn't think I know how to make brownies." And made some high pitched noices, pretending to be a girl. All the time, trying not to laugh.

Joceline giggled and said, "That was a lovely sound you just made." She gave him a friendly smile then teased slightly, "The offer still stands if you need one." She gave him a friendly wink then stood beside him as she began measuring the ingredients then pouring them into a large bowl.

Thomas smiled and looked up at Joceline, "Thank you. Yes I would be a lovely singer. I can do all voice ranges." He said said laughing. Once he measured the flour he sieveed it into the bowl, where his butter and chocolate were already melted together and started to stir them together, along with the cocoa powder.

Thomas inhaled the aroma filling the kitchen, "Ohhh, I love the smell of hot melted chocolate." He said, smiling, with his eyes closed. "What about you, chocolate lover, liker or hater?" He asked.

Joceline giggled and said, "Awh you're a dork." She gave Tommy a slight smile then took a deep breath in then said, "Hmm I love the smell more then the taste, and I think I'm more of a liker." She smiled then began mixing the ingredients and said, "I take it you're a lover?" Joceline began to hum quietly as she always did while she cooked and then paused for a moment and asked to make conversation, "Where did you say you were from again?"

Thomas laughed when Joceline called him a dork. He give a small bow and said, "Why thank you, I'll take that as a compliment. My own life quote is 'It takes someone to be unafraid to lead the geek parade'." He loved that quote, and loved it even more that he was sorted into Ravenclaw.

Thomas frowned when she said that she was only a liker, "Tut tut. That's not good enough. Well you haven't tried my brownies yet, so you obviously couldn't be a lover yet." He said placing his tray into the oven. "Oh I'm from Nelson, New Zealand. What about you, native Frenchy or just fluent?" He asked.

Joceline smiled and said, "It was a compliment, I'm a dork as well." She grinned inwardly then chuckled at Thomas' words and said, "Oh I'm sorry to inform you that my brownies are the best." She grinned then said, "Native Frenchy of course but two years ago my Mom moved us to New Zealand then she passed and now I live in another section of New Zealand." Joceline shrugged her shoulders slightly, but she was saddened when she mentioned her mother, who wouldn't be?

Thomas laughed, "Well if wasn't a compliment I would have taken it as one anyway. And pleased to meet you fellow drok." He said, giving a small bow. Thomas listened to Joceline as he cleaned the worktop, when she mentioned her mother Thomas put the cloth down, and looked at her, his eyes full of sorrow, "I'm sorry about that." He said quietly. He didn't like to mention it, but he decided too, even if it was to make Joceline feel somewhat better, "My father passed away five years ago. I'm constinately going back and forth to France with my mother to her parents." He said in one breath. It was getting easier to say, it had been five years after all, but it was still early for Joceline.

Joceline gave Thomas a small bow in return then placed the tray of brownies in the oven then looked over at Thomas and frowned softly and said, "It's fine really." Joceline was taken by surprise when Thomas said that his father died and she opened her arms for a hug as she hugged Thomas she rubbed his back softly and whispered, "I'm sorry Thomas." She pulled away slightly, her arms resting on his fore arms and she looked into his eyes sadly.

Thomas give Joceline a small smile when she said she was fine, he admired her for been brave about it.

Thomas kept his face down, looking at the worktop he was cleaning after he mentioned his father. He felt Joceline embrace his with open arms. Thomas returned back the hug, he realised no one had hugged him like this since his mother left him off for the train. When they broke apart Thomas and Joceline's eye's met, both full of sorrow.

After a few moments Thomas broke apart, starting to feel awkward. Thomas turned around and give a sigh. "Right right now?" He asked. Trying to lighten the mood that now filled the kitchen.

Joceline gave Thomas an awkward smile, it was getting awkward now then raised her eye brows slightly when Thomas said, "Right right now?" That didn't make much sense to her. She bit her lip then said, "Huh? What do you mean?" Joceline smiled weakly then ran her hand through her hair.

Thomas gave a light chuckle, "What do you want to do until the brownies finish cooking?" He asked. Confused at what else she thought he could mean.

Joceline bit her lip then said, "Oh, uhm I'm not sure, anything is fine really, what would you like to do?" She grinned at Thomas then she began cleaning the kitchen as she waited for a response, trying to hide her pain and how lonely she was as she did so.

Thomas smiled at Joce. "Well you will soon learn I'm not the most imaginative person in the world." He said with a chuckle. "Would you like anything to drink?" He asked her.

He helped her to clear the kitchen up, he looked at her. "Are you alright?" He asked quietly.

Joceline chuckled slightly then said, "Sure that would be nice." When Tommy asked her if she was alright she thought with surprise,Wow is it that obvious I miss my Mama? Joceline gave Thomas a small smile and said, "I'm fine, I was just thinking about my Mom." She shook her head to rid herself of her thoughts then gave Thomas a small smile.

"Any preference?" He asked her as he put the rest of the equipment away. Thomas frowned at Joceline when she said what was wrong, "I'm sorry keeping it up." He said. "Was she a nice person?" He asked.

Joceline bit her lip and said, "I'm sure what ever you're having will be fine." She nodded her head and said, "Yes, very." She paused for a second then continued, "My mom was the only person in my family, before she died, I thought my father was dead." Joceline sighed gently and said, "I'm sorry, it's really hard for me to talk about all of this." She wiped her now tear filled eyes then walked over to the fridge and said to change the subject, "So you want something to drink?"

Thomas listened to Joceline with great sorrow, he felt truly sorry for Joceline. She definitely had if worse than him. He saw tears start to fill up in her eyes. Thomas give her a hug, just as she had for him, "Don't worry. I know it's hard, I understand." He broke apart from her, with a warm smile he said, "How about some hot coco?" It was always his favorite when he felt down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back