♥Music♥

Vanessa Parker

Vanessa had decided to go to the cliffs, and see if anyone was there. She took a quick look around. She didn't see anyone in the short time that she looked. She sighed and decided to sing. Maybe there was someone she hadn't seen that would come if she did so.

She searched inside of her head for the right song. She decided on 'Lean on Me' by Bill Withers. "Sometimes in our lives, we all have pain, we all have sorrow but if we are wise, we know that there's always tomorrow. Lean on me, when you're not strong and I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on, for it won't be long 'til I'm gonna need somebody to lean on." She stopped because she noticed a girl who looked a bit older than her, she guessed she was a fourth year. Vanessa walked over to the girl with a smile on her face. "Hi," she said. "I'm Vanessa."

Lola had been sitting in her dorm room alone working on a song that she'd been trying to finish for months. She just hadn't much inspiration as of late, especially since finding out that Ruki had left school to finish the remainder of his education at home. For the first time ever her fifteen year old heart had felt pain because she was pretty sure she had developed a huge crush on the older boy...she had liked him a lot.

Looking out her window she saw that the sun was shining brightly over head so she decided to take her guitar and head out for the cliffs. Even though the fourth year new they were off limits she loved to go and sit and look out over the horizon. It was usually a quite breathtaking view. Finding a nice spot to sit she leaned back against a boulder that was nestled near the edge and placed her instrument across her lap, strumming every now and then. Lola was pulled from her trance when she heard footsteps and then heard a female voice address her. Looking up she smiled and said politely, "Hullo Vanessa. I'm Lola Mason." And there she had done it. The Ravenclaw had made an actual introduction without a lot of nonsense extra rubbish to go along with it.

Vanessa continued to smile. "Nice to meet you, Lola," she said, looking at the girl she was speaking to. "You play the guitar? Singing is my only real talent besides writing, but not many people really care about that, you know. Most people try to run away from reading, but I enjoy it." She laughed a little as the wind blew her hair in to her face. She pushed it aside before continuing to speak.

"Sorry about that. Sometimes I can just speak so much without noticing. Really have to stop that." Vanessa hoped that Lola hadn't been extremely annoyed. The last thing she wanted to do was annoy her. She loved making friends, and annoying someone wouldn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back