Closed “My Condition Likes Being Ignored As Little As I Do” - Gale Dekarios

Faye Harlow

Natural Talent // Easily Bored // Effervescent

Faye could handle Enoch being crappy to her. She was the youngest of 7 brothers. She could really handle it. But when he started to ignore her she got increasingly frustrated. It didn’t matter how much she showed off her skills, and natural talent - he was so apathetic to her. The young Gryffindor absolutely would not stand for this. And that was why she followed him right into the conglomerates arts room. She shut the door and leaned against it, glaring at him.

“What’s wrong?” Her aggressive tone almost made it seem like she was mad, but the question seemed concerned.

Enoch hadn't been managing the semester so far. It was just pointless, and he was so tired of it all. His sleep could never get itself right after spending time with one of his brothers. The slightest noise woke him, and it did nothing to help his mood. Though really nothing ever did. The slytherin had his flute case in hand, and was planning to try to practice. The brief practice with Lucy had motivated him somewhat but not really a lot. He glanced behind him as the door shut and he gave a heavy sigh at Faye. He turned around ignoring her and moving further into the room to at least pretend to practice his flute.

Faye stood there with arms crossed and waited. She waited even as he took his instrument out. She then took a seat, putting on a softer face. “Fine. Don’t want to talk yet. I’ll sit right here.” She said, fiery determination on her face. What had started off as a stupid rivalry turned into Faye being curious about Enoch and who he was as a person that made him so bitter. And what she could do to make his bitter a little less biting.

Enoch had hoped she'd leave, but Faye had never once ever listened to what he wanted. Only when he'd made her cry and though he wanted her to go away, he wasn't about to repeat that incident. He watched her sit and then just turned away, taking out and building the flute. He took out some practice sheets, and then raised the flute to his lips. He could feel her watching, and where with Lucy he hadn't minded. He minded now. It was pointless, he was bad at it, and really, barely actually wanted to do it. "What do you want?" he said after not playing a single note.

Faye watched him with curiosity. She didn’t know anything about flutes. He had out it up to his lips nd there was a look of anticipation on her face that he surely caught if he looked at her. At his question she was quiet for a moment. “Well now I wanna hear you play. I’ve never played a flute.” She said, no tone of animosity to her, just genuine curiosity.

Enoch looked at her, frowning at her response. "Most people have never played a flute," he retorted with a roll of his eyes. He could almost imagine that if he handed his flute to her that she would be better at it than him. Maybe if he was more like her..better at everything then..then...He looked away from her and back to his sheet music. Enoch raised the flute to his lips and half hearted played a simple scale. He was clearly talented at it, even as he didn't really try, but he stopped himself from doing more. He knew he was wasting his time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back