Visiting Rose's Memorial

"Is the good girl Drage trying to provoke me into doing something troublesome?" Athene jeered. "If I have such a reputation, then I must have earned it somehow. It just so happens that I'm good at avoiding making trouble about those who are likely to chuck me in detention." She poked her tongue out at Drage. "I'm not an idiot."

Estrella fought the impulse to stick her tongue out at Athene, simply observing the first year with amusement; the girl was in some severe need of attention. "So mature, Perthro," she replied, her voice acquiring venom as she added, "Problems at home with mummy and daddy?"

Athene blinked, confused, and then laughed. "Just because you have family problems, doesn't mean the rest of us do. My parents are fine. In fact, they're very well and alive, thank you very much. They're not weak enough to get themselves killed like your Mother."

Estrella raised an eyebrow, thinking that there was more behind Athene's family than she was telling. In any case, they didn't seem to be kind people, as reflected in their prime example of a daughter. She felt the tips of her ears turning red, but was not willing to show her rising irritation to Athene, and she stated softly, "For your information, Athene, she was not murdered." Of course, she had been, but no one really knew that. "It all depends on what your definition of weak, is, however- Personally, I think the weak are those who have to ridicule others because they don't feel good about themselves, and especially those who are prejudiced without a cause. Which seems to sum you up to a 't,' Athene."

She wondered how she could possibly be in relation to this girl when they were so different. At least, the girl's uncle had been personable. Athene was just poisonous to be around.

"So, she died of Dragonpox, did she? Or maybe in a Muggle accident." Athene giggled. "I think that's more likely. I can imagine her, an older version of you, forgetting how to use her wand and drowning, or dying in a car crash." But then Athene's face fell slightly and she lifted her chin a little higher. "And I taunt other people because they're weak and pathetic and deserve to be taunted, not because I'm unsatisfied with myself."

This wasn't entirely true. Athene had taken to being rude and snide after the death of her sister, but she wouldn't admit this to anyone, especially not someone like Drage. Athene was very, very afraid of getting attached to people.

Not obligated to reveal to Athene how her mother had died, Estrella brushed aside the fact of her mother's death, snapping, "No, Perthro, you're as readable as a children's book. You try to make others feel like scum because something has happened in your life that makes you want to take out your frustrastian in life." She smirked, and added, "You cannot deny it."

"Yeah well, just watch me," Athene hissed, angry that Drage had come to such a conclusion so fast. "I don't care what you think of me. What anyone thinks of me"

"That does not appear to be the case," Estrella replied, her expression remaining emotionless, "It seems to be a big deal to you at the moment." She did not smirk knowingly for once, the glint of certainty apparent only in her dark eyes.

"You know nothing," Athene snapped. "My life is better than yours. I'm happy. I don't need people like you to tell me otherwise."

"I am sure," Estrella replied sarcastically, "As for implying that your life is better than mine, I am not going to debate with you on that. That was rather idiotic to say- You can't evaluate how good or bad someone else's life is to them. I am content, thank you very much, Perthro." She was getting quite tired of Athene, with her incessant ranting and stupid remarks.

"Well, if you're content and I'm happy, then my life is obviously better than yours," replied Athene through gritted teeth.

"How do you come to that conclusion?" Estrella replied snarkily, the smirk returning to her face once again. "For someone who claims to be happy, you look like you are rather about to spit."

Athene cursed Drage loudly, glaring at her. She spat at her,aiming for her face. "I think anyone would be tempted to spit around you. You know what? I don't have to take this from you. You're a stupid, know it all Ravenclaw, and... and... I hate you!"

She'd had enough. As much as she hated resorting to simple name calling, she was in too much of a bitter rage to think of anything intelligent to say. She wanted to leave before she gave the Prefect an excuse to dock points from Slytherin.

With a swish of her cloak, she turned heel and began to stalk away. However, after going just a few feet, her foot caught on a rock and she fell to the ground with a gasp.

Estrella luckily sidestepped the bit of spit that Athene sent flying her way, landing on the ground next to her. Her hand clutched her wand, watching as the girl turned away and smirking in satisfaction, she called after her, "Hate? That is a rather strong word, Perthro, and seeing as you can't really back up that hate with something better than the qualities of my house, which you can't look past, I think you need to grow up."

She watched as Athene tripped, and she said quietly but loud enough for Athene to hear, "And so the regal, Pure-blood Slytherin makes her exit."

Athene rose to her feet, shaking with rage. She did not turn around.
"You want a list?" She sneered, loudly over her shoulder. She thought that she could easily provide a lengthy list of reasons for why she hated her. "No, I'm not going to waste my breath. I'm looking forward to spending the Holidays away from this school. Away from people like you."

And she walked away, a little faster than she normally would have, tears stinging at her eyes and her head down to hide her flushed cheeks.

Estrella considered yelling something equally as snide back at Athene, who seemed to be having a lot of personal problems. She watched as the girl walked away, and she figured that the girl could deal with her own issues. Estrella, of all people, was not going to even attempt to try to comfort a person like Athene. Apparently, apart from the fact that the girl needed to grow up, she needed to figure out where she was in the world.

With a smirk, she strolled away from the Lakefront swiftly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back