Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella decided that it was high time to visit Rose's memorial, not having been down at the Lake for some time, and not having seen her friend for a while either. Rose seemed to decide when to show up as a ghost, and it was not that often. It saddened her a bit to not have her first best friend around, even if she was still trapped in the form of a twelve year old. Did it sadden Rose to see her? She got to grow up and live out her life- Experience relationships, attend classes, the whole nine yards. She even was a prefect, a fact that still phased her somewhat.

She strolled to the rosebush, figuring that next time, she might bring a hedge clippers and trim it; it was becoming untidy, growing over the stone that indicated what the plant was exactly for.

"I'm going to my grandfather's, Rose," she murmured quietly to herself, probably appearing insane to any onlookers. "Tomorrow's the end of the year feast- This is going to be crazy for me. I guess I"m used to being in so many new places, so hopefully, this time, I'll be able to settle down."

Was she subconsciously hoping that Rose would show up? How did you get a ghost to come back around, anyway?

With this, she bent down, her fingers curling over a smooth stone. She looked at it for a moment, caressing it in her hands, and after some speculation, she chucked it into the lake. She attempted to skip the rock, but unsurprisingly, it simply entered the calm waters with a loud plunk. She had always envied her cousin, who was able to skip rocks with a whimsical perfection, while she had never gotten the hang of it. Dissatisfied, she pursed her lip, standing on the lake's edge and enjoying the caress of the breeze in her hair.

((OoC: Skipping stones, huh? Reminds me of an RP at Hogwarts ^_^))

Athene watched Drage from a little way around the lake. Athene scowled, wondering why the Prefect wasn't back in the school keeping all the Slytherin students from making last minute pranks, and handing out detentions to the ones who succeeded. She hated Prefects, but especially ones like Estrella. Prefects who couldn't even manage the simple task of killing everyone's fun.

Athene picked herself up with a yawn, and stretched. She was bored, she would admit, and decided that poking fun at Estrella was a great way to kill time, and so she took off around the lake at a casual pace, her hands in her pockets and her head held high. Her feet found their way eventually to the Rose Bush, a memorial that had been planted before her arrival at Hogwarts, where Estrella sat alone.

"I always thought you were a little odd, Drage," drawled Athene, flicking her loose hair over her shoulder and snickering. "But, talking to yourself? Even I thought you were saner than that."

((OoC: Sorry it took so long - had to have lunch))

Estrella jumped a bit as she was pulled out of her dazed state, slowly making the connection between the voice and the person. She turned to face Athene Perthro, a girl that she particularly didn't like. It seemed that Bellatrix's tyranny had been replaced with Athene's at Hogwarts New Zealand, as Bella was a lot calmer now.

"Me? Odd?" she inquired sarcastically, a tiny smirk pulling about her lips. "Look who's talking- an insignificant first year who makes grabs of attention but never really does anything. I thought you would have more potential than you have exhibited, Perthro."

She decided not to get too irrational, as this was the end of the school year, after all.

"I won't deny being odd," Athene replied evenly, "Although I prefer the term... unique. And I would have thought that, if I exhibit potential as you say, then that would be the maximum potential that I'm actually willing to exhibit. I can hardly have less than I've already proved that I have." She smirked, and took her wand from her pocket, admiring it in her fingers as though it were a very expensive, delicate object.

"However, I can always 'exhibit' much more, if you would like?"

Estrella's hands clutched her own wand in her pocket, smirking back at Athene with a knowing glint in her eyes. "Such fancy words," she emitted with a chuckle, "For someone who seems to know so little."

"Not fancy at all." Athene laughed shrilly at the older girl. "They were yours, after all. And if one can use words well, then they can speak themselves out of any situation, regardless of the extent of their knowledge." She smiled wickedly, and lifted her head a little higher. "I see that you haven't managed to get me into detention yet, and it's been what? A year." She laughed again, and when she stopped, her thin lips were twisted into a victorious smirk.

Estrella rolled her eyes, looking down at the short first year, who did not intimidate her in the least. She found it hard to be scared of those who were short, especially when they were years behind her.

"Pity-" she started, grinning evilly, "You just haven't been bad enough to land yourself in one of my detentions, have you? Kind of pathetic for someone who claims to be a troublemaker."

She cocked her head to the side, and murmured, "I daresay dear Theo was much more intimidating than you are- for a moment, I thought that the Perthros had some kind of scary streak going. But when you're the example of a Perthro at this school- It just kind of kills the feeling, doesn't it?"

Athene raised an incredulous eyebrow and laughed. "Theo? Who the hell is that? And the fact that I haven't been in any of your detentions yet is because of your lack of skill, not mine."

She tossed her wand into the air and caught it again, her odd eyes on Estrella.

((OoC: Hey what? I'm a second year now! Joy ^_^))

A hint of a smirk played about Estrella's lips, and replied bluntly, "Thanatos." She declined to respond to Athene's comment about her skill as a prefect, passing her off as a stupid first year. She wasn't going to let a little peon dampen her mood.
((And I'm a fourth year! HAH!))

Athene's eyes narrowed instantly, and she took an aggressive step forward, all amusement gone from her eyes.

"How do you know my Uncle?" She hissed angrily through her teeth, fear bubbling in her stomach. Had he been caught? Perhaps this Drage girl, a good girl and a Prefect, had parents in the Ministry, Aurors maybe, who had told her who he was and her relation to Athene. She had no idea who Estrella's relatives were, or what they did for a living.

Athene bit her lip, hoping that there was another reason. Hoping that her Uncle was still a free man.

Estrella shrugged, a venemous bit of satisfaction boiling inside her as she divulged this to Athene. She was wary of the girl, who had stepped forward, although she wasn't too worried- she could handle a first year. And in any case, there should be people around.

"I'm taking it that him and my dad are old friends," she replied, smirking, "But maybe that's because they're first cousins."

"They're... what?" said Athene, almost too surprised to reply with a snarky tone. Cousins? Athene thought on this for a second, and came to a realization that nearly knocked the air out of her. Her jaw dropped slightly.

"We're...related," She choked, still trying to find a way around the logic, to make it untrue.

Estrella snorted. "Yeah, I found that appalling too. If it gives you any comfort, I'm not enthralled either." She smirked, letting it sink in for Athene.

Athene stopped toying with her wand, and her knuckles around it went white. Was it possible? Could she really be so closely related to this... this Ravenclaw? Athene shook her head, refusing to believe it.

"You're lying," she said firmly, composing herself again.

Estrella shrugged. "Believe what you want, Athene- To my knowledge, I'm not lying, though. Considering it was your uncle who told me. At the Leaky."

She was enjoying herself immensely, loving to see how much it bugged Athene to be related to someone out of Slytherin.

Athene remained silent for nearly an entire minute, thinking over it all. It made sense, that Estrella met Thanatos in the Leaky - after all, Thanatos owned the pub - but how had the conversation led to their family trees? And then Athene remembered, vaguely, her Uncle mentioning a 'Drage' a few years ago. A very powerful Dark Wizard.

Were Estrella's family Death Eaters? Was it possible, for such a pathetic Prefect to be born into such a family?

Suddenly much more relaxed, Athene grinned at her deduction.

"A bit of a black sheep, then, aren't you Drage?"

Estrella's eyes narrowed at Athene, not at all enthralled with the look on her face. "Depends on who you're talking to," she replied slowly, "Although I wouldn't consider me that much of a black sheep. It's just my dad."

Of this, she was not entirely sure, and she had no idea why she was telling Athene, of all people.

"So, you live with your mother, then?" Athene smirked at Estrella, hoping that the Ravenclaw girl would give her some new ammunition.

"No, I do not," Estrella replied bluntly, "She's dead." She observed Athene with a cold gaze, having already adjusted to the very fact a long time ago.

Athene's eyebrows shot up and her smile grew a little more lopsided. She hadn't expected Drage to tell her that.

"So, if your mothers dead and you don't, I assume, keep in contact with your father, then you must have little contact with the rest of your family. If I'm right, then it's quite possible if not very, that the rest of your family is as... twisted, as your father, making you indeed the black sheep of the family." And giving me much more power over you, she added to herself with a wry smile.

Estrella's eyes narrowed, and she replied bluntly, "I have enough contact with my other family, thank you very much. Although whether anyone is, twisted, as you say, is irrelevant to me." She raised her eyebrow at Athene, wondering what she was getting at.

"Well then, I was right in calling you 'odd'," said Athene with a satisfied smirk. "Because indeed you are. I wouldn't be surprised if Father had crossed you off of our family tree in the manor. In fact, I don't remember ever seeing you there. I wish he'd given me the pleasure..."

She recalled her mother telling her once how her Grandfather Loki had cursed the family tree so that anyone removed from it, where it was painted on their Mansion's Entrance Hall ceiling, would die a very painful death. No one knew how he had managed it, but Leisl, right before going mad, had managed to lessen the curse to the victim not being able to sleep for an entire week.

Estrella rolled her eyes, remaining very passive about the whole situation. "I could care less, Athene, about what family tree I am crossed off of. I have no interest in being in yours, I can tell you that right now. Nor do I care about your snide comments, either. I wouldn't expect more than those from a little prat first year, anyhow."

Athene crossed her arms again and scowled. "You were a first year once, too, and I bet you were by far more pathetic. After all, you don't appear to have lost the trait in your three years of being here."

Estrella crossed her arms, observing Athene with amusement. "Funny, funny, Perthro- Think what you want. Have fun getting some real friends with that attitude."

Her nostrils flared a bit as she smirked back at Athene. "And for your reputation as a troublemaker, you do seem pretty lame."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back