Looking For Something

Marcel Haynes

OOC First Name
Steven
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Chestnut Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Marcellus Haynes was a pretty normal boy. For one thing, he loved the summer holidays more than any other, well he loved christmas holidays more, but the summer holidays was longer, and the weather was much better. During the summer holidays he'd met up with his friend Avie Mitchell, a now second year slytherin student, the two boys met each other in February last year and immadiately became friends. Although Marcellus had the best summer of his life, mainly by Avie, he was glad that he was back at Hogwarts. During the holidays, he had really missed the castle, he felt more at home at Hogwarts than his own house, but who didn't?

Marcellus turned and looked out of an open window. He leaned on the still, the warm air pleasant on his face. The boy thought of what he'd done in the summer holidays, like Avie teaching him how to stand on ice skates and spending some days with the kid and his family, or Avie spending some time with Marcellus his family. While the slytherin boy was at Marcel's place, Marcellus showed his stone collection to Avie and gave the boy a few of his 'nicer' stones because he liked them.

The hufflepuffer came out of his thoughts when a few students ran by and turned around, he sat down on the still. ''Jeez kid, hurry up.'' Marcellus said to himself while tapping his feet. ''We have to find that room before anyone else does.''

Avie was running late. He'd gotten caught up in rearranging his person items beside his bed, placing the rocks Marcel had given him with his own best rocks and had unfortunately not really been paying attention to the time. Despite the fact that he and Marcel had not found the room in the previous term, neither was quite ready to give up on it. Avie was definitely not. He wanted this room, he wanted it more than anything currently. The break from school had been good, and it had been a time where he and Marcel had become even better friends. Avie had been invited to stay with Marcel and Marcel with Avie. It had been perfect. Avie had shown ice skates, and ice hockey, though they'd play just the two of them, and not with Avie's cousins. Avie was pretty happy that they were back, and he'd get to spend even more time with his friend, and more time trying to find the room. Avie had during the holiday drawn a very quick map of where Marcel said he saw the room, and had marked all the places on it that they had checked. Avie glanced at the time briefly, and it was then he realised that he was late. Avie let out a curse and then bounced over his bed to grab his rucksack, the map, and his shoes.

Avie didn't even tie his shoelaces, and this was a pretty bad sign, since, he was a clumsy boy, even more so when he ran, but since he was late he didn't see the point of tying his laces when he needed to be somewhere. Avie raced through the dungeons and up the step, practical knocking into everyone he passed as he did so. He climbed up the stairs two a time. His bag, bounced against his back, and he waved the map in his hand. He finally reached the third floor, and raced to where he was supposed to meet Marcel. Avie almost made it without tripping, but as soon as he'd turned the corner and spotted his friend his concentration had slipped. "Marc.." Avie was stopped but, his tripping on his laces and tumbling to the ground. Landing pretty harshly on the ground. Sliding forward with the momentum of his running. When he stopped Avie just laughed and ignoring the fact that his hands were pretty scratched and he had a forming bruise on his head, he smiled at his friend.

"Sorry I'm late!" He greeted the other boy, "I brought my map. You ready to go?" He showed the map to Marcel, it wasn't a terrible map, it had no writing on it, just drawings on two floors and little x's beside various points. Places they had tried. "I'm so excited! We're going to get lucky, I can feel it."

He turned around again, looking out of the open window. Maybe Avie lost track of time, or maybe the kid had forgotten that they were suppose to meet in this corridor. Marcel wanted to find this room again, and especially with Avie on his side. Marcellus leaned his elbows on the still, and his head in the palm of his hands. Outside Marcel saw a few students running or walking, he couldn't really make up what they were doing.''Definitely first years.'' A smile appeared on his face. Marcellus let his eyes slide on, atleast that's what he thought, a group of girls. A memory flashed through his mind about a girl he'd met last year, Alexa Rhowan. Marcel kind of missed this girl and hoped that he would see her again soon. It was when he heard bang that Marcellus turned around and looked what is was. Before him he saw Avie lying on the ground. ''Av..'' He laughed softly. ''You really should try to keep your concentration, and you should also tie up your shoelaces.'' The boy nodded towards Avie' shoes. ''But aside from that, are you ok?'' He pointed with his finger on his forehead. Marcellus knelt by the boy and held out his hand. ''Don't worry about being late, you brought the map so I'll forgive you.'' Marcel said with a big smile on his face.

From his position on the floor he could hear his friend laughing slightly, and so Avie laughed too. Sure, Avie felt a little sore, but he was happy, he was looking forward to resuming their search. He wanted to get to that, and wanted to ignore how he was currently feeling. Which was pretty easy for the slytherin to do. He knew that he should've done his laces, but he had in the rush, forgotten to do so. It was one of the many things his aunt was usually giving him into trouble for. He often got distracted with one thing and when he then had to rush to the next, he got forgetful and distract. It was funny to him, and it was something he did often. He sat up as his friend spoke. Avie had been paying attention until he'd seen his friend and it had been just enough time for the boy to trip and fall flat on his face. Avie laughed slightly and nodded. "I know I was in a rush, and I sort of spaced" He said, beginning to tie his laces. Wiping the ever so slightly blooded hands on his jeans, and placing the map down beside him before he did so. Avie would need both hands to tie his laces. This was something Avie could do from the sheer amount of practice he'd done at it. Avie had wanted shoes with laces, and so for that he'd had to learn properly. Sometimes he got it wrong, especially if he was trying to rush, but not now.

The concern for Avie in Marcel's voice made him chuckle lightly, while finishing on lace and the touching his forehead. "I'll be fine. Remember, me and the floor are good friends" He told his friend with a smile. It did hurt, and he knew his head would probably get more sore, but, that wasn't the primary concern for him. He was more preoccupied with getting them to this room. He bent over slightly and got to the second shoe. Slowly doing up the laces on them, while nodding. Once it was done, he handed the map to Marcel before getting to his feet. Shaking out his arms and legs as he got himself all ready to go and find this room, well, attempt to find the room again. Then Avie remembered that he had something incredible to tell Marcel. "You will never guess what I did" He told his friend, barely able to contain his excitement in his voice. Not able to even give Marcel enough time to guess at anything. "I hugged Professor Styx! Then I gave him a cookie, but I actually hugged him, and I think he liked it. He tried to act more grumpy, but I know that he was less grumpy. I could tell. I'm going to have to do it again to be sure, and so that eventually he is just as ungrumpy as I am." He smiled at his friend, "Which way are we heading today, then?"

Marcellus took the map that Avie gave him. His eyes wandered on the x's on various points. ''Well, don't space out the next time.'' He said shortly, still examining the map. This was one of the last places they hadn't checked yet, and Marcellus would be disappointed if the room was nowhere to be found, not only that, but he would also disappoint Avie, and that he did not want to do. He knew what finding this room meant for Avie, the boy talked about it all the time, and that was when it struck Marcel, he would not give up his and Avie's hope of finding this room, he would do everything to find it no matter what it takes. ''Oh yeah, you and the floor are really good friends, so when are you going to ask it on a date?'' Marcellus winked at Avie and laughed softly. He still knelt, and placed the map on the floor. With his finger he went pass all the x's on the piece of paper, and before he could say a word Avie spoke. Marcellus listened to how to boy explained what he had done. Avie had hugged professor Styx?! Was this boy out of his freaking mind or something? He stood up and grabbed Avie' shoulder. ''You my boy, are either incredibly brave or you just don't give a sh1t, but if you want to die. Do hug him again.'' He said, with a little concern in his voice.

Avie nodded his head at his friend. He would pay more attention next time. He wouldn't run with his laces undone next time. Well, he'd try to avoid doing it. It wasn't like he could actually avoid it that much. Sometimes when he needed to be somewhere else, he would just rush, and when he rushed that was generally the moment when he just lost track of time, and ended up running so quickly, and forgetting to do small things like, tying his laces. It was a simple mistake that could be made by anyone. He was sure, it was just Avie who ended up being the one who fell a lot. "I'll try Marcel" He said to his friend with a firm nod, as if he was really going to try this time. Not do anything crazy, just try to be normal. Just attempt to be the one who didn't run out the dorm without having done his laces. He glanced up at his friend, Avie shook his head at him, and frowned. "The floor can't go on a date, it's a floor. Dates are horrible anyway. Why would I want to go on a date with anything." Avie said he knew the floor couldn't go on a date with him. He didn't want to go on a date with the floor. "We're just friends" He added at the end, patting the ground lightly.

Avie told Marcel about his braveness, how he'd hugged Professor Styx, and how he was sure that it was towards that, the cure for the grumpiness. Avie would have to do it more times if he was to prove his point. Make sure that he was right about his theory. He didn't expect his friend to grab his shoulder. Avie was still laughing about it to himself. Remembering it. He noted the concern in his friends voice. He smiled what he said. Brave and not caring, that was him. Though everyone else would know that it was also stupidity. Avie was pretty stupid. "Why would I be dying? Does he have a disease or something?" He wiped down his arms. "But, it doesn't matter, I'm curing him of his grumpiness. Plus I'm pretty sure deep down Professor Styx likes me. He's warming up to me." Avie smiled to his friend. "I bet, he's just a massive softy, like a kitten or something" Avie grinned at his friend, thinking of Professor Styx as a kitten. "Come on, let's go! I wanna find this room! Where are we heading next?" Avie stated impatiently giving a little whine to match what he said. As well, as ever so slightly rubbing the bruise on his head.

He laughed softly when Avie talked about him and not dating te floor. ''Ya gotta use your brain, imagine it and let your fantasy do all the work.'' The smile on his face grew. ''Then you need to grab yourself a stool, sit on it and talk to it.'' Marcellus pointed his finger to the floor by the word it. He wasn't sure how Avie would react to this bad joke, but hoped that he would smile about it. ''Oh? So you have been on a date?'' He asked Avie, frowning. To him his friend didn't seem like a guy who'd already been on a date before, but hey, Marcel didn't know everything about Avie, only the stuff that he's suppose to know. His eyes moved briefly to the map, and then into the corridor. ''It has to be in this corridor.'' Marcel muttered to himself. He wasn't really paying attention to his friend anymore, and nodded a few times to point out directions in his mind. When Avie started talking again he looked up. ''No.. Well, I don't know that actually.'' He thought of it for a brief moment. ''But what I do know is that if you get your ass in detention for hugging that man, I'll have to find the room by my self, and I don't what that.'' Marcellus stood next to Avie and put his arm around him. ''I wanna find this room with my best friend.''He smiled towards Avie. ''So please, do not hug professor Styx.'' He let go of his friend and twirled his finger on the second floor that was drawn on the map. ''It has to be somewhere in this corridor I think.''

Avie laughed along with his friend. he could almost imagine going on a date with the ground, but he really didn't like dates. It was strange to him. He didn't like the idea of date, and he much less enjoyed the idea of having a date with the floor. He smiled at his friend and then to the floor. Maybe he should sit on the floor and talk to the floor sometime, the floor would listen to him. He then looked at his friend and frowned. A date?! Avie didn't like the idea of dates at all, and he definitely hadn't been on one. "Ew, no" He said in slight disgust. Avie really wasn't interested in dating, or really even thinking about dating. "Have you?" He asked, curious since he didn't think this about his friend. While a lot of things came up when they talked Avie was not often one to talk about love life. He generally just ignored all of that. Thinking that it would be better if he didn't bring it up. Now, since Marcel had brought it up he could find out. Though for young Avie, dating was really the last thing on his mind. "From what my brothers tell me, you have to behave on dates and be formal, and I don't want to do that. I like fun, I like mud." He laughed lightly.

Avie nodded with a certainty he wasn't sure he had, the man Avie had hugged wouldn't kill him, he had no reason to. Avie had done something harmless and it wasn't like the man was diseased or anything. He smiled at his friend when he talked about detention. "While I think Styx is warming up to me, I doubt he'd want to give me detention, then he'd probably have to spend more time with me or something. He's warming up to me, I can feel it. I don't think he's quite at that point yet." Avie said, though Marcel did have a point he didn't want to be stuck in detention, when he could be having fun. He smiled at his friend and gave a small shrug. "I'll wait a while before I do it again. I'll find some other professor to hug. The astronomy professor! He seemed nice..I bet he'd enjoy a hug" Avie shrugged to himself slightly, and then looked to the map. It had to be somewhere. Avie bounded forward. Looking around at the stones, glancing between the two walls. "Are you sure it wasn't on one of the other floors?" He asked Marcel, he was sure his friend was telling the truth but maybe he had the wrong floor. "We've only really looked on here and the fourth floor. Also, it might be true what Mason told me. That the corridors are like the staircases, sometimes they move. Which makes my map very inaccurate."

He was relieved when Avie laughed about his bad joke, and knew that his friend was actually imagining it. Marcellus shook his head when they talked about dating, he hadn't thought of dating before, but now that he had mention it. ''No- Well, not yet.'' Marcel was twelve years old, he didn't had to worry about dating anyone yet, he nodded slowly when Avie told Marcel what his family had told him. ''Yeh, my mom told me the same thing. ''Act normal''.'' He said, in a femimine voice. Marcel understood Avie, but he also understaad why his mother told him that. Eventually you had to grow up and act normal, you couldn't stay a child the rest of your life, although that would be nice at some point he thought, but playing with mud and running around seemed a bit better, especially at the age of twelve. Even though that could change.

''Thank you.'' Marcellus said happily. Avie had took his advice and would not hug professor Styx for a while, what was probably better for the kid. ''If you really want to hug a teacher.'' He said to his friend with a smile on his face. ''Hug professor Stark, that Care of Magical Creatures professor. He's really nice.'' Like Avie, Marcellus was looking around for the slightest clue, and nodded when his friend spoke. ''Well, I'm not completely sure of it, since I got lost remember. But it has to be here and otherwise on the second floor.'' The boy was still looking around for any clues. When Avie told him about what Mason said to him, he frowned. That didn't made any sense. ''What about the classrooms? Those will never moved, right? Because if they did, then how are they always in the exact same corridor?''

Avie didn't like the sound of dates. His mother always told him that with someone that he like that he was supposed to be himself, but Avie had also been told that he had to behave. While Avie loved being himself and if he was himself he also knew that it wasn't behaving. "My mother says the same, but I can't be myself and also behave." Avie chuckled lightly at his friend. Avie found it funny that his friend actually seemed to be alright with the idea of dates. No yet, Avie didn't really get why people wanted to date. He didn't really like the idea of kissing someone, it looked disgusting and Avie did not get it. It was just strange. He hated when the older students acted all in love and stuff. Avie was definitely not interest dating or being with the opposite sex, he didn't want to have to do that kind of thing. Avie was young and he had no real as to why anyone would want to have to grow up. Avie had no intention of growing up or acting any less like a child. He had fun and he didn't want to have to stop having fun. But that was a long way away, Avie wanted to find this room, he didn't want to talk about boring things."Let's focus" Avie grinned at his friend while wiping his hands against his jeans. Really itching to get started. The slytherin boy smiled happily at his best friend.

Despite really wanting to continue hugging Professor Styx he really wanted to make him feel like he was less grumpy, Avie promised his friend and as much as he really wanted to continue it. He would give it a little more time. See if they could actually find this room. Maybe once they had he could continue his little plan a lot more. For now he was focusing on this search which was right in front of him. He had never seen the Care of Magical Creature's professor that was not someone that he didn't know. Probably also hadn't really seen him, since he didn't take the class. "I don't know who that is." he shrugged at his friend. He really wasn't hugging professors because he wanted to. He wanted to make slytherin a less grumpy. His biggest challenge would be the head of the house. Which was why he'd picked him. Avie shrugged, maybe they should ask a professor or something. "Well, we can look here and then try the second floor." Then he thought about the classrooms. "I dunno, this school is so huge. I donMt really question this place. There is so much magic here. It's not like it couldn't happen." Avie stopped wondering forward. "Let's just tap every brick and eventually we'll find it. Right?" Avie was determined. He knew it had to existed he trusted his friend and knew he had to be right. Avie would just want it.

Sorry this is pretty terrible!

He laughed softly. ''Our mothers would like each other.'' Marcellus patted Avie' shoulder, now he knew what the kid thought about dating, Marcel wouldn't mention it again. He yawned and rubbed his eyes, this was third day without any sleep and it was killing him, the bags under his eyes were visible and hair wasn't well done. The only thing keeping him awake right now was his friend and the search for this room. ''You're right, let's focus.''

He rubbed in his eye again. ''You'll meet him next year.'' Marcellus smiled towards Avie, or he could knock on the professor's door and ask him about Care of Magical Creatures like he did. He nodded in agreement. ''Yep. There's so much magic in this school that I sometimes wonder what would be left of it if there wasn't any magic.'' He looked at Avie, frowning and mouth wide open.''You want to tap EVERY SINGLE brick? Well we might as well let the house elfs bring us our food.

Sorry for this, it's bad.

Avie laughed along with his friend, at what he said. Avie didn't really know if his mother would get along well with Marcel's mother, Avie was pretty sure they would. He was sure that his mother would love hanging out with his pretty much best friend's mother. Surely if he and Marcel could be friends, then so could their mothers. "I'm sure they would!" He replied with a happy smile at his friend. And then, as Avie had begun to walk away from his friend, he noticed for the first time that his friend looked tired. Avie wondered why his friend looked tired. It was strange. Avie frowned slightly at him as he then said they should focus. "Focus!" he repeated happily, then heard that he would meet him next year. Avie hadn't been sure what he would take in the next year. he didn't want anything complicated, so he was going pretty much avoid anything with too much writing, maybe care of magical creatures was just what he needed. And since his friend was taking it he was sure that they could have fun in class too.

He nodded, as he glanced around the corridor. There really was so much magic left in this place. He smiled as he nodded, and then began walked to the bricks closest to where they stood and then began to tap them. He glanced back at his friend as he spoke. Maybe today wasn't the best time to be doing it. "Maybe we need to do some research about secret rooms in this place" Avie couldn't believe he was suggesting they do research, that meant reading. He sighed to himself, god that would be annoying. "It would be good if we could figure out where abouts it was and how to find it?" he told his friend, really disliking the idea of research, but since his friend looked tired, perhaps that was the best idea.

Marcellus chuckled slightly, he could almost picture his and Avie's mother as friends. He rubbed his eyes again before looking at the thousands of bricks, he took a deep breath and then glanced back at his friend, ''Sure they will, just like us!'' While smiling Marcellus patted Avie on his shoulder twice, he looked at Avie when he walked away from him, Marcel knew how much it meant for his friend to find this god damn, well hidden, room filled with beans. When Avie repeated himself and Marcel he nodded with a smile on his tired looking face, driven to help Avie, no matter what takes to find it.

Like Avie, Marcellus began to tap the bricks closest to them, he waited a few seconds after tapping a brick, hoping for a response, but nothing happened. Marcel kept tapping the bricks while his friend spoke, listening and nodding in agreement. ''Yeah, maybe you're right, I think we need do some research too.'' He looked from the bricks to Avie and then back to the wall of stone. ''Because we sure as hell ain't gonna find anything here soon. So to the library it is then?''

Users who are viewing this thread

Back