Graduation: Spectators/Invited Guests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiera twisted her way through the crowd after the ceremony ended. She stopped to speak to her father and sister who had attended the graduation. They congratulated her and gave her a hug, telling her how good her speech was and how proud they were. A blush rose to her cheeks even though only half of her attention was with them. Kiera promised to return to talk after she found James. Her eyes kept scanning the room, looking for her husband. Finally, she spotted him. Kiera's face lit up in a grin as she went running towards him. "James!" Kiera called out. She threw her arms around his neck, squeezing him tightly.

Looking devastating in his own attire Moko frowned at him when he stated she was over dressed. At this point after sitting through the speeches and the handing out of diploma's and getting squashed by the hoard, she was anything but ready for his jibes at her. The least he could be was happy she had come. Never before in all her life had she wanted to stamp her foot down but she did now, the sharp heel right down on Alex's foot. A compliment just one compliment surely was not asking too much. She looked about her at the other girls and true they were all wearing short dresses but when she wore a short dress, her long legs simply looked too long.
"It's nice to see you again too Alex" she would rise above the intended insult after all it was his big moment, "congratulations on graduating. You must be thrilled."

How tempting was it to just turn and tell him to stuff his lousy graduation ceremony? She had come a long way to be here, had gone to alot of trouble to look nice and for him. Exasperation bore through her like wild fire.
"If you want to mingle some more with your friends and whoever else you invited, I'm ok with sitting down again" no she damn well wasn't but she certainly wasn't going to throw a boiler of a fit here in this school.

Outfit

The speeches ended and Andromeda smiled, clapping her hands vigorously as Lily, Maddie, Rhyspa, Kiera and Alex got up to collect their diploma's. She clapped for the others as well but was not as acquainted with them as the others and of course she had to refrain from whistling loudly when Crispin received his. If she had her way she would have used sonorus to amplify those who clapped for him, so that it would sound like so many more. Her heart beat loudly, filled with pride for her man but she also felt a finality that she didn't want to think about. The year they had together had been wonderful, sure it had gotten off to a very rocky start but if she hadn't been in such an obscure mood she may never had the impulse to kiss him and never had realized that the possibility of true love was out there for her. They had wasted time but they had made up for it since then. She just hoped he could forgive her for being an absentee girlfriend for the past few weeks. Each time she had gone to speak with him or anything, she had sent word instead or hurriedly fobbed him off with an excuse of having to study always afraid that drawing close to graduation he would see more sense in finishing with her than staying with her. At least now the exams were over. This wasn't just the graduating classes last night together, it was her last night with Crispin for the next few weeks as well.

She had her appointment at St. Mungo's to attend to but once she was done there, she had her bag all packed and ready to stay with him for a while. That part of the vacation she was seriously looking forward too. It was typical that she'd be working as well but beggars couldn't be choosers and any dreams she had about long lazy days snuggled up with each other would have to wait until she had at least a day off. As people got up to congratulate the class of 2024 Andy smiled passing Lily and Sumner, Kiera and James, Alex and a gorgeous looking girl, smiling at all of them and gently touching them. "congratulations" she beamed making her way through the crowd, she saw Alexis with some of her family and waved mouthing the words as well "congratulations" to her. She continued until she was at the stage but there was no sign of Crispin, she figured she must have past him on her way up. Seeing a sheet on a table she looked it over, chuckling to herself. Picking up the quill she scribbled hurriedly so she could go in search of her boyfriend.
'Both speeches were wonderful. Get over it and congratulations'. Placing the quill down she looked at the slight stain on her finger and groaned pulling out her wand to clean it.

Alexis grinned as Leah wrapped her arms around her and she returned the hug but the baby kicked and she gently pulled back, smiling at the girl brightly but it fell when she saw tears form in her friend's eyes. With concern she listened to her speak and shook off her apology. Of course Leah was emotional, she was pregnant when she didn't want to be and there was a lot of baggage that the both of them had. "Ugh no. I passed with Average on my NEWTs, although I didn't try too hard," she responded with a roll of her eyes, hoping her parents wouldn't guilt her about not doing her best when they got the opportunity.

She looked down at Leah's pregnant stomach as her hands were placed on it and smiled but her mouth fell apart in a small 'o' as she heard Leah's question.She nodded her head slowly, knowing that like Jay she loved this baby already and would take care of it no matter what, just like she would for Leah and her goddaughter, Jane. "I'd love to Leah," she said, finding that she to was becoming a little teary eyed at the gesture she was being presented with. Alexis laughed at herself as she said, "God, look at us." She smiled at Leah before she turned her head towards her parents. Her father was uncomfortably standing, trying not to eaves drop while her mother was plainly watching the best friends talk. The two were complete opposites and many a time she wondered how on earth they had become married but she was so glad that they were, instead of divorced or casual flings that had resulted in pregnancy like her best friend next to her was. "Hold on a sec, Leah," she whispered to her friend quietly before taking her hands off and walking towards her parents.

"Thanks for coming Mum and Dad," Alexis said with an innocent grin on her lips, knowing that if it was any other way her father would think that something was wrong as she had always been a "Daddy's girl" to him. Her mother wrapped her arms tightly around her and as they hugged, Alexis caught sight of Andromeda. She smiled at her gently and mouthed back "thank you" to her before pulling away from her Mom. Her father looked down at her and patted her head gently before Alexis motioned for Leah to come over. "Leah, this is my mother, Strella and my father Pierre. Mum, Dad meet Leah," she grinned goofily at herself before smiling at her family.

Crispin approached Andromeda, his eyes shadowed, his dress robes parted over his dark suit. He hadn't laid eyes on his love in too long and he would have his say. "Andy, I'm glad you could come." Spoken so formally, he took her elbow gently, his dark eyes roved from toe to tip of head, appreciating her beauty. He led them away from the crowd to a quiet corner of the great hall. Crispin stood and simply stared at her then could not help himself from leaning down and brushing his mouth over hers. Pulling away, his eyes on hers, he wordlessly stroked a hand down her cheek.

As if she could sense him close by her heart sped up and the hairs on the back of her neck prickled as if with expectation. She turned to see him resplendent in his suit and dress robes, wanting nothing more than to embrace him, kiss him and gush about how stupid she had been for keeping herself from him. But she couldn't, the smile she gave faltered at his formal tone and then she was being led away by the elbow as if she were some spoilt child stopped from getting her own way. His behavior threw her completely even more so when he simply stood and looked at her. Her eyes did not waver from his and she knew instantly what was wrong. He was waiting for her to explain herself, her mouth opened to shed some light on her own actions of the previous few weeks but it was claimed by his for the briefest of moments. His eyes never left hers and melting at his touch she knew she should put him out of his misery but unable to formulate the right words as yet.

"You looked great up there" so it wasn't exactly what she had been planning on saying but it was the truth, "congratulations."
It sounded stupid coming from her, so from the small pocket in her shrug she removed an envelope and held it up for him.
"It's supposed to be your graduation gift. Apparently in some cultures it's customary to give a new car but I couldn't afford one and you probably wouldn't drive it as it's a muggle thing and I wanted something completely different. So I got you some lessons. Surfing lessons, for both of us really near the end of the summer because that seems to be the time I have completely free and won't be working or anything" she rambled still keeping off the topic that she knew he wanted to discuss, her forced absence from his life over the past few weeks. Standing quickly on her toes she leaned up and kissed his cheek before clutching at her fingers, fidgeting was the lesser of two evils right now as she tried her best not to look up into the eyes that she loved so much.

Crispin accepted the envelope and stood watching her very expressive face. He shook his head after several moments and a small smile quirked the side of his mouth. He tucked the envelope into the inside pocket of his suit jacket. "Thank you Andromeda." He didn't really have any thing else to say to his fellow graduates that he couldn't at the dance in a few hours. "Would you like to walk with me?"

Evie stood along with the Professor beside her. She had not yet been introduced to the other teachers, so she could not place the womans name. She was young as well as Evie, and so she hoped that they would get along well together. "It was nothing like I've ever seen." She replied, smiling. Magic certainly was wonderful, and she could see in the years ahead how amazing her experience at this school would be.

Her only regret was that she could not attend as a student. It was enough, however to be able to sample some sort of education here. "What is your name?" She asked the other woman, curiously.

Once again her heart beat out of control, he only ever called her Andromeda in certain situations. Nodding her head she reached out to take his hand in hers.
"I'd love to walk with you. Where do you want to go?"

She knew the time for the end-of -year talk had come at last then, resigned to her fate she wondered what it would really be. He had said she was his heart so should she really be worried. She also knew she had yet to talk to him about her families move to Europe. Her amber eyes could not leave his as her fingers looped with his.
"I'm all yours".

[sorry for lame-o post - godmod away if you need to ;) ]

( wait. Did she actually stomp her foot on Alex's or very tempted to..? :erm: o_O )

Alex looked at her wary as he saw what he thought was a glint of anger in her eyes for a split second. But as she said it was nice to see him, he smiled in relief. She obviously got that he was giving her a compliment on the dress.
'No, it's better to see you than it is for you to see me.' He loved playing with words, one of his favorite things to do to annoy people. Though, this time, annoying wasn't really that high on his priority of things to do.
He let out a laugh as she said he must of been thrilled. 'You got me right there. Do you know how long a couple of months seem stuck in these 4 walls? I'm so glad I can finally get out of here for good.' he told her, meaning the truth. When he was out, he could finally start making something of himself like he had done before. Not too mention, travelling and seeing people would be so much easier now. Just then, Andy came up to him, telling him congratualtions. He smiled at her, thanking her before she went off speaking to the rest of them. He would her. He felt sorry for her having to stay in this jungle though, she'd manage no problem, with her attitude towards life.
A slight hurt expression passed over his face as Moko told him to go away practically. Stepping closer to her, he shook his head, confused. 'Moko, I- I didn't invite anyone else here.' he told her sincerly, his voice low. He sighed before the frown lines faded. 'Besides, I'm sure you want to sit some more after my awesome speech,' he added, being sarcastic. How could see think of sitting some more after all that sitting already done? She must be crazy if she meant that.
'Come on. Let me show you off to some of my friends. Can't let your amazing efforts just go to waste like that,' he smiled, holding his hand out to her. His eyes swirled with happiness at speaking to her again, making him forget all his other problems at the moment. With her, he could be at ease no problem.

Thrilled with the invitation to attend her best friend's graduation, Estrella was in the halls of Hogwarts New Zealand once more. The Ravenclaw alumnus couldn't wrap her head around the fact that she had been gone for only a year. It was strange being in the audience and watching the current Head Girl and Head Boy give their speeches. She had to admit Kiera had some fine words for her graduating class and had probably done an excellent job holding to her title. She didn't know Alex all that well, but he followed up with a speech that even had Estrella snickering. It couldn't have been easy for either of them to fill the shoes of their predecessors.

Headmistress Rambolt's address to the students had been nothing but tear-jerking, as per usual. Estrella was surprised to see that the school's beloved headmistress was pregnant. Who had she hooked up with? It was too bad that Nicolas King, the school's co-Headmaster, had not been able to attend the ceremony. The nineteen year old cheered wildly for the class of 2024 as they received their diplomas. Her pride for the lot of them could rivaled that of an egotistical hippogriff.

It took Estrella a painful amount of time to finally reach Lily. The hug she gave her friend was more the close cousin of a tackle. "Lily Patricia Potter- or should I say Drage- I oughta slap your face upside down!" It was much easier to get her arms around Lily since the last time she had seen her. "You never told me you were married!" She laughed heartily and hugged her friend more tightly. "But otherwise... congratulations! I'm so proud of you!"

With her arms still around Lily, her head swiveled to Sumner. Her glare nothing but sinister, she growled, "You're dead meat, little brother. I might spare my sister-in-law the Beater's Bat, but I cannot say the same for your sorry carcass."

Moko sighed and shook her head slightly, her slender fingers gathering up a fold of her dress as she took a step backwards. She always felt as if he was laughing at her, as if she were there just for his amusement and now more than ever it hurt. His words should have helped but they didn’t until at last he told her that he had not invited anyone else. This time her feet guided her closer to him, her chocolate brown eyes gazed into his.

“I do not like playing mind games Alex or any other type of games. What you see is what you get of me. I didn’t come here for you to show me off to your friends or for your amusement. My efforts are only wasted if you do not like what you see before you” the scent of her perfume subtly rose as if to tantalize him. How many more times could she try to get it across to him that she liked him, that she was here for him? Did she have to spell it out though she was certain her last letter had surely done that much.
Looking at the hand he held she slid hers into it and took another step closer.

“I did not get you any graduation present” she had looked and looked but nothing seemed appropriate there was nothing else she could give him at the last moment until she let her gaze fall to his mouth and before she had a chance to stop herself she leaned that small bit forward and grazed her lips tenderly across his before whispering.
“Congratulations Alex”.

[no no she only wanted too ;) ]

"Hey now, that was a new development since the last time I saw you!" Lily said laughingly to her friend, and now sister-in-law, arms still around her very not pregnant form. "Besides, we are not the only one witholding news. Wanna tell us about our niece? Like when was she born?" she asked as she patted the now flat stomach. Laughing she stepped back, placing her arms around her husband's waist. "And you shall not beat my husband -- that is my job."

Sumner blinked several times and then gave his sister a sheepish grin. He hugged Lily to him and kissed her forehead then released her with a soft rub to her shoulders before approaching Estrella. "You're not going to kick my ass are you sis?" He came up and pulled his former teammate, now his half sister, into a hug. Laughing he pulled back and looked down at her. "So you released the quaffle huh?"

Crispin walked with Andy out of the great hall, not wanting to draw too much attention their way lest they were stopped by a professor. What he had to say was not for the ears of his fellow graduates, nor his friends. His words were for Andy only and as he glanced at the red haired girl who had captured his heart, he hoped she would accept them.

continued here...

"Oh, you knew she was coming," Estrella retorted, sticking her tongue out at her friend. She smirked when Lily touched her stomach. It was wonderful not to have a baby weighing down her abdomen. Not being referred to as a fatty by her friends was also a plus. "Her name is Olivia Namina Styx and she is the prettiest child in the world." The young mother nodded to reinforce her statement, daring anyone to challenge her. "She was born on March 27th." Estrella had been quite neglectful in dishing to her friends, though in her defense she had been so preoccupied with the new bundle of joy that she really hadn't had time to sit down and write letters.

The former Ravenclaw laughed at her fellow birds, taking them in for a moment. They really did look the perfect pair. A thousand years of foresight would never have clued Estrella in to the fact that Lily would be her sister-in-law and Sumner her brother. The nineteen-year-old jabbed a finger at her chest jokingly. "Older sister, remember? I have first dibs. But by all means," a sinister grin at that, "Beat him. Merlin knows he deserves it."

She hugged her brother back, raising an eyebrow. "No kiss this time?" she sneered. After a few moments of gagging on her own words, she added, "All right, that was bad." At least she hadn't lost her breakfast this time (It probably helped that there were no vases in sight.) "Hmm... I guess that depends. I suppose I can let Lily kick your ass for me; I'm quite tired." She rolled her eyes. "That particular quaffle happens to be your niece."

"When do I get to meet my niece?" Sumner laughed at Estrella's antics and side hugged her again with one arm. He really had missed her, their last visit at their father's house hadn't been long enough. "Wow." He stood there for a moment, shell shocked. "My niece. That just blows my mind." He looked at Lily, down at her very flat tummy, then back up at her blue eyes. Then he winked at her, thinking of when they would have their own little quaffle. "So uh," he put his hands in his pockets, smiling sheepishly, "is dad mega pissed?"

Kiera Potter said:
Kiera twisted her way through the crowd after the ceremony ended. She stopped to speak to her father and sister who had attended the graduation. They congratulated her and gave her a hug, telling her how good her speech was and how proud they were. A blush rose to her cheeks even though only half of her attention was with them. Kiera promised to return to talk after she found James. Her eyes kept scanning the room, looking for her husband. Finally, she spotted him. Kiera's face lit up in a grin as she went running towards him. "James!" Kiera called out. She threw her arms around his neck, squeezing him tightly.
James smiled as his newly graduated wife wrapped her arms around his neck, It seemed like only yesterday that he was the one graduating and she was the one waiting for him. "Congrats" James said with a smirk as he leaned in and kissed her on the lips, "That was a great speech" James said as he rubbed her back and held her close. It had felt like ages since he'd last been in the company of his wife but he enjoyed it all, "So little miss graduate is there anything you want to do?" James said raising his eye brows as he leaned in once more and kissed her before she could say anything however James smiled "I'm only joking, let's go see if we can find your parents" James said as he took his lovely wife's hand and began scanning the crowd for her relatives.

"Oh, I will make sure that he gets a good beating later, not to worry, Strella," Lily said with a giggle. She caught the look that Sumner gave her stomach, and that incorrigable wink. "Love, don't be getting any ideas. I saw that look just now. Let me have at least two seasons playing pro before I start swallowing quaffles, okay?" She stuck her tongue out at her husband, then kissed him quickly on the lips and turned to Estrella to hear what the reaction in the family was. "Didn't Tristan send you back an owl? You did tell him right?" Lily herself hadn't sent anything to her parents yet, but was planning on sending something home soon. She needed to get a muggle camera to take a picture of them to send home. Her mother would appreciate a picture she was sure, even if they were not able to communicate regularily.

Laughing at Lily's remark, Estrella returned the side-hug before pulling away from Sumner. "Whenever you guys want to, Merlin knows I won't be anywhere else but with her this summer." The thought of having company was a welcome one. She looked uneasily back at Sumner. "I don't think he was too pleased. He didn't say much about it though, not that I heard. He didn't swear at anyone about it, if that helps." The young woman shrugged. Their father's reaction would have been much different if Sumner and Lily had been in the room. There wasn't much he could've done via owl. "You two would make pretty babies," she observed with a chuckle.

"You hear that love?" Sumner wrapped his arms around Lily's waist, linking his fingers to rest against her hip so they were both still mostly facing his sister. "Let's go make some pretty babies." He laughed at the look on the womens faces. "I'm joking, I'm joking! We'll just practice." Snorting, he couldn't hide his disdain as another male passed them, Sumner didn't like most males around their age group. Prancing plonkers, the lot of them. "We'll come visit, I want to meet my niece. And uh, I'll prolly have to be wheeled in after dad kicks my arse."

Kiera kissed her husband back a little too enthusiastically in the public setting around them. However, she didn't care. She hadn't seen him in what felt like years and missed him terribly. Her only comfort was that they now would be together forever. Kiera grinned up at James. "Thank you. I was nervous and not really quite sure what to say." she said with a bit of blush on her cheeks. As James asked her what she wanted to do, a few thoughts rose to her mind. A smirk rose on her face, but he continued talking before she could inform him of her ideas. "Oh alright. I guess we can do my ideas later since we now have forever to be together." she said playfully as she smiled up at her husband.

"Hmmm. I do believe we will make pretty babies when the time comes, Mr. Drage," Lily said with a smirk. "Just not yet. Practice does sound good though." She couldn't help but giggle, then spoke to her sister in law. "So, do you have a picture of our darling niece with you?" Her mind was racing already, trying to remember enough of her schedule to see when she would be able to pull away and visit the Styx household.

Courtney gave Lily a large hug after the ceremony finished, "CONGRATULATIONS!" She was about to hand Lily the big pink graduation gift, but realized Lily's husband and Estrella were around as well. She grinned at them both, quite excited to see Estrella again. Courtney listened as the others spoke to each other, hoping to see a picture of Estrella's baby while at the same time trying not to laugh at the banter about practicing and making babies. When the time seemed right, Courtney shoved the present in Lily's directions, "it's for you!" Inside the bag was a large bottle of firewhiskey (however Courtney was unsure if she was allowed to bring it into the school), and a pack of business cards for Lily as co-owner of Gladrags Wizardwear.

Lily smiled as Courtney shoved a gift bag into her hands. "Yay! I love pressies!!" she said with a giggle, then tore into the bag. She pulled out the bottle of firewhiskey, her eyes opening wide at the sight of it. "Oh we are so cracking this open the first night I am home! I promise!" she said to her roommate, knowing full well that the two girls were going to have a rather tipsy kinda night -- and so might Sumner, Ford and Kale if they were there too. When she pulled out the stack of cards, she was in shock. "Oh wow! Courtney! Are you serious? Really?" She attacked her friend in a hug, then showed the cards to Sumner, waiting to see his reaction to his wife's new line of work outside of playing quidditch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back