Graduation: Spectators/Invited Guests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sumner rather liked Lily's friend Courtney, although he hadn't gotten to speak to her very much yet. He hoped that would change once he was at their place for a while. It wasn't that he was a very friendly guy but he wanted to start his and Lily's life right. Being friendly with her friends was a pretty damn good first step. Lily's enthusiasm was like a balm to him, he loved watching the sparkle come to her beautiful blue eyes, the smile curve her perfect lips. "Wow...co-owner? So you'll be like a business woman...," he smirked, kissing her cheek, "that is so incredibly hot," he murmured in her ear playfully, picturing her in business suits and clunky black glasses, her hair pinned up. "I'm proud of you," he said seriously, giving her hand a squeeze. "Partners in crime, I'm not sure obsidian is ready," he grinned.

"Oh, the Harbour will never be the same place again!" Lily said with a laugh. "I have some great ideas for new items in the shop! I was going to run them past you when I got home anyways!" She smiled at her friend, then turned to her husband and whispered so only he could hear, "I can't wait to have you in the shop after hours." She then gave him a grin, turning back to her friends. "So, party at our place this weekend? Celebrate my graduation, our wedding, my birthday and a housewarming for our place all in one?" Lily had a wicked grin on her face as she schemed. She felt the need to really cut loose, and a party seemed just the ticket.

Moko felt as if the world had just frozen over, he did nothing but stand there. She bit her lip looking puzzled, was her kissing her that bad? It wasn't like she had full on snogged him or anything, she blinked rapidly trying to cover her frustration before taking another step back from him.
"What friends did you want to ... 'show me off too'?" so that was all this was, he had wanted someone who looked good to impress his friends with. She was some kind of 'eye candy'. Humiliation stung deep but pride made her stand her ground. Her manner had become resigned though, if this was all she was to him then so be it. After today she would wash her hands of him, forget he ever existed. As hard as that was going to be, she knew she had to do it.

"I'd love to Leah," A certain light, one that hadn’t been seen since last year, was welcomed into the stunning azure blue of Leah’s irises. She wanted to tell Alexis exactly how much that meant to her, how much it lifted her deepening moods and how wonderfully grateful she was for having Alexis but she couldn’t, she physically couldn’t. The knot had tied itself tighter in her throat and her eyes began to sparkle happily with tears. She half laughed, half coughed through the obstructing lump once Alexis had brought it to her attention that the two of them now were beginning to tear-up. Even if the young man that had broken her heart was Leah’s brother, if he might have found himself a new girlfriend, even if she had wound up pregnant again and even if the world was falling down around them, Leah honestly didn’t care. She was just glad that she had her best friend.

It wasn’t long after Alexis had flitted away that she was motioning for her to join her. Leah took a few anxious steps forward, wondering if they knew about what had happened with Izaak and would disapprove of her as Alexis’ friend because she was his sister. But once Leah had reached the three, her anxieties had dissolved and she was standing comfortably before them in her old skin, not the one of an insecure, weeping mess that she had become. Her smile was bright and sincere, her azure blue eyes were glinting with glee and for a moment, Leah forgot about the baby that was now extremely evident to others that she was having. “It’s a pleasure to meet you both,” She smiled and nodded at the both of them, surprisingly not intimidated by their importance in the wizarding world, yet not in an obnoxious way just a comfortable one. “You must be really proud of Alexis, you should be too. She’s going places this girl.” Realising that her pride was beginning to bubble away, Leah stopped and smiled at her friend, just ecstatic that she’d be able to do everything Leah had never even gotten the chance to consider.

Pierre looked down at Leah, wondering what kind of people his daughter consorted with and why she couldn't just get normal friends that were not pregnant or wouldn't impregnate people they were not with. He knew he was right about Izaak and that Alexis shouldn't be dating him, he only got his little girl upset, or from what he could see. So as Leah spoke he felt tense and uncomfortable and unblinkingly starred at her and responded, "Yes. Very proud." He looked over at Alexis and gave her a glare that warned her that if she ever got pregnant so young she would not be the one to make the decision on whether she kept it or not, he would make her have an abortion because he knew what was best for her and that she deserved so much better that to have to be tied down like the poor blonde before him was.
Strella knudged her husband in the ribs gently as he acted so rudely to her daughter's friend but said nothing to him on the situation, it would be wasted words, he would not change and she knew it. "Oh don't mind him deary," she said quietly as she leant in closer to Leah. "It is lovely to meet you and I'm sure we will be seeing a bit more of you in the future as well?" she guessed with a grin of pride for her daughter at how responsible she must seem to be the god mother of two babies, one being her granddaughter and the other this young woman's child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back