Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
Cassius Styx never would have attended the Valentine's Dance if it weren't for Snowdrop Chase bringing it up. It was a solid hint of her wanting to go so he asked her, and this time, she said yes. He still had his suit on that was more blue than black, but it was a last minute thing. And it was all his mother could find. Blue did look good on him, but he imagined that black would have been better. After the dance, the crowd was making Cass a little anxious so he had asked Snow to leave a little early to get some peace and quiet, which was why he had her by the hand, and led her to the student lounge. He let out a sigh as he finally said, "I can breathe better now that we are away from everyone. That public display of affection is enough to make a married couple nauseous." Cass even wrinkled his nose at the thought of it. He started to take off his jacket, and looked down at their hands. That would be a little hard for him to finish taking it off with their hands together like they were.

Snowdrop hadn't even realized she'd dropped a hint about wanting to go to this dance. She'd had to get a dress last minute, but she wasn't upset to be going. Had someone asked her in her first year if she could have seen this being the outcome of her enemy/friendship with Cass she'd have called them a loon. But as he lead her hand in hand she found herself briefly smiling, feeling quite pleased. She didn't mind getting out of the crowds, the noise could be too much even for her. As they entered the lounge he said something vaguely funny and she chuckled. "Pretty sure my dad would rather die than kiss my mom in front of me." She shared with a grin. When he started to remove his jacket Snow looked at their entwined hands. "Just now realizing you're holding my hand? You look like you were loading." She teased.

Cass thought the same thing, with some of his siblings, but his mother and father were often very open about their love or whatever they had for each other. It made Cass a little embarrassed to even think about it. He liked to think that his parents were done with the thing that made children. There were not any more after Samael thankfully. And Samael would be attending school soon. Within the next couple of years. And then Snow had to tease him about the fact that they were still holding hands. Yes, it took him a minute to register it. “I hadn’t realized that you didn’t let go. You might like holding my hand for all I know.” Cass decided to tease back and let go of her hand so that he could finish taking off his jacket. He slung it over his shoulder and gave the Gryffindor a cocky smirk. “I wouldn’t blame you for liking my hand. Not just anyone has the honor of holding it.”

Snowdrop laughed slightly at his tease, taking her hand back only when he dropped it. There was a faint tinge of blush behind her smile as she stood by him, which only turned to a feigned indignance at his comment. "What makes you're hand so great, mines the one you've been chasing after." She teased. "You're so bold now, bet all your nerves go out the window if I get too close." She proved her point by boldly stepping a little closer to him, looking up at him with her grey eyes which held a hint of challenge in them.

Snow was certainly feisty, wasn't she? It was one of the reasons why he liked her. Or was it present tense? Cass was starting to wonder if it came back? It must have. "You are really cocky, and that is saying something if I am saying it," Cass shot back with a smirk on his lips. He was honestly liking this little bicker between the two of them. It was like the drama from last year no longer mattered. And then she stood close to him. He instinctively wanted to step back because he did not want to have her so close. But she was trying to challenge him, and he could not back down a challenge. It was in his blood to remain firm. "You are close now, and my nerves are in tact. You are going to have to try harder to make my nerves jump."

Snow gave a gentle laugh when he called her cocky. "Yes but as a Gryffindor I can back that up." She teased. He didn't budge, though she stood a mere six inches or so from him. She looked up at him, narrowing her eyes slightly. "You say that I need to try harder, are you trying to challenge me into something?" She asked bravely. Her nerves on the outside were cool, but on the inside she felt a familiar flutter in her chest. "Cass?" She asked in a serious tone. "Will you tell me now if you still have that crush on me?"

Yeah, it was a Gryffindor trait, and she lived up to her house, that was for sure. Cass noticed that she was less than a foot away, but he remained where he was. He was not going to back up from her little challenge. "Not at all, Snow. You are the one that challenged me." Cass did not think that he was challenging her - just that she would have to do more than just stand close to him to make him budge. And then her serious tone caused the smirk to falter, and then she asked if he still had the crush on her. He looked up at the ceiling, and let out a sigh. He shifted his gaze back to her and just said, "Yeah, I do."

Snow had a decision to make. She could walk away right now and not even entertain the butterflies in her stomach. After all it had worked out so poorly with Gregory. Or she could be a big girl (after all she only had three more years of school she was practically an adult) and maybe tell Cassius how she felt. “You’re one of the most impossible people I’ve ever met. You’re stubborn and prideful and I kind of think I like it.” She admitted, taking in a deep breath and practically holding it. “I think I kind of like you.” She finished finally.

Cass figured that she would just brush him off and leave things as they were. Their friendship was... Well, did they have friendship? It was hard to say at this point. She went on to say that he was one of the most impossible people she ever met, and continued with a few more truths. It made him cock an eyebrow up, but then she said that she might have liked it. And she said that she thought that she liked him. "You think?" Cass asked, though he decided to keep going. "I can wait around until you know for sure. I can be patient about important things. Sometimes."

Snowdrop nodded when he asked her if she really thought that. Then he elaborated. He wanted to be sure she knew. How was she supposed to figure that out? She chewed her lower lip for a second before looking up at him with a smirk. “Well why don’t you kiss me. If I hate it then we’ll know for sure. Unless of course you’re too nervous.” She teased. She wasn’t sure why she felt the need to tease him. It was just too fun.

Not much would take Cass off guard, but that was. It sounded like a challenge at the same time, but that meant that he would also leave his first kiss with her. And she might hate it. And then he was accused of being too nervous. "Fine, have it your way," Cass said before he planted his lips right on hers, gently. At least he knew better than to do it forcefully because smacking teeth would not be a pleasant first kiss at all. And now, she would have it in her ballcourt on what to do.

Snow's heart could not have beat any harder, lest it jump out of her chest and become free. His lips meshed against hers and her reaction was almost clumsy, as if she hadn't expected him to follow through. Though it spoke volumes to her that he did. After all he wouldn't kiss her if he didn't think she was pretty right? He wouldn't have a crush on her if something about her stubborn, witchy personality wasn't attractive to him right? Snow could have pulled back from her first kiss ever but she wanted to savor the moment, and really think about how she felt as it was happening.

Gregory had been dozing lightly in the student lounge, having come in here to avoid seeing and hearing the conversations that people were having about the dance. The corner he had put himself in, was out of the way and he was able to just, surprisingly, doze off. He woke up when he heard voices and it didn't take him long to realise who it was. He could hear Snow teasing Cassius, and doing it with Cassius going crazy. Gregory peaked up, trying to be as silent as possible, watching them from his hidden spot. Snow liked Cassius…wanted to kiss him, suggested it. Gregory couldn't believe the difference between how Snow was acting with Cassius with how she'd been with him, she had never liked him like that. He'd been a friend, or an annoying brother. Her being upset at him not asking her to the dance the year before had been his biggest mistake. And then he watched them kiss. Gregory couldn't watch any longer and just looked away, hiding himself more in his spot and praying they would leave.

Cass expected Snow to pull away, to slap him silly, to tell him to f**k off because she did not mean it. The dare was not serious, but instead, she started to kiss him back. And she did not pull back. He put his hands on her waist, but then pulled away. He was slightly in a daze, but he blinked several times, and looked down at her face. "I am just going to say that you didn't hate it. And it is safe to say that you actually like me, versus thinking that you like me." Cass somehow felt that they had some sort of audience, but he could not bring himself to look around. Like it would be rude to Snow to look anywhere but her, and that his attention was all on her. And it was.

Had Snowdrop realized that she was being witnessed she might have melted into the ground from embarrassment. This moment with Cass was a milestone in her life. Her first kiss! Her mom would scold her if she knew. Her dad? She wasn't sure how he'd react, but it was just a kiss.

It broke and she found herself looking anywhere but his face at first, but then she looked up and met his eyes and her face turned pink. "For the second time, maybe in history, you are right." She said, still managing to tease him by insinuating he was never right. "So what... now?" She asked. If it hadn't been clear before that she hadn't had a crush especially not reciprocated, like she did now. Not that she was aware of.

Cass loved how embaressed that Snow seemed to be just for kissing him. She finally managed to make eye contact, and then said that he was right. He would likely recall that for years to come. Cass loved being right. 99% of the time, he was. And then she asked the question that made his smirk fade. Well, they liked each other. So, the next step was obviously to start dating, right? It made logical choice. And he should claim her before someone else could sweep in and replace him - not that he was replacable. "Well, the next step is obvious. You become my girlfriend. If you want to. Just we cannot start our relationship on Valentine's day. That is far too cliche. Tomorrow could be the official date." Cass never thought for an instant that she might say no to his logic. It did not make sense if she did.

Snowdrop nodded at him speaking. She didn't see a fault in his logic really, but if he was going to make her wait to say it was official... The cheeky brunette stepped back and away from him. "Okay, then tomorrow you can ask me. And maybe if you're lucky you can have another kiss. But since we aren't dating I should really go back to my dorm." She teased. She didn't disagree though and didn't say no. She in fact encouraged it. Maybe she did really like Cassius.

Cass could have assumed that she was going to say no, but it honestly sounded like she was telling him to ask her the next day. He had something better in mind. He reached to take her hand in his. "How about I walk you to your dorm, and tomorrow, I'll sit next to you during breakfast and ask you to be my girlfriend then?" Cass thought that was a fair agreement. He just did not want to start anything on Valentine's day. He wanted it to be after a holiday. It was just too cheesy otherwise, right? "Or I can just assume that it will be a yes and kiss you tomorrow anyway."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back