OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Nicolas entered the Great Hall and glanced about, it was empty but he could tell the elves had already set up for the ceremony to follow. This would be the last time he would be initiating a school-wide ceremony, which was a bitter sweet feeling for him. On one hand, he got to move on with life and his plans for himself... but on the other hand he had to move on. It was the very same point on both sides of the argument, a ridiculous thought and a stark reality.

Nicolas stepped up onto the raised platform with the podium and the staff table behind it. He placed a scroll on the podium and looked out once more across the Great Hall, he didn't know how the student body would react next year to his leaving - he'd likely never find out. He wouldn't ruin the evening's festivities with news of his departure and he wanted to enjoy the feast himself, not worrying about anything else. Though, it was sad that Gryffindor would not be the winner of the House Cup the year he was to leave.

In good time the hall was filled with students, each house at it's own table and a murmur of voices filling the room. Nicolas stood and walked toward the podium, raising his hand to silence the crowd. When the hall fell silent Nicolas smiled then looked across each house table before speaking, "It's been another great year at Hogwarts." He began, this year having been one of the best at Hogwarts for him - and definitely better than the last. "I'd like to begin by thanking each of you for making this school year as wonderful as ever. I know we had our worries and run-ins with pranks and the lessons being learned from them, but it all turned out for the better in the end." Nicolas smiled toward Bruin and nodded slightly as he mentioned the pranks - recalling Njord's death on stage and the panic that had thusly ensued.

"Now for what I'm sure you've all been waiting for -- the House Cup!" There came great cheering as Nicolas mentioned the cup and he held his hand up once more to hush the room. "This year one house pulled ahead of the rest from the start and maintained their lead, each other house striving to match them. I am pleased to announce that this year the House Cup goes to..." Nicolas paused a moment at this point to create a little more suspense. "HUFFLEPUFF" Great cheering erupted from the Hufflepuff table as yellow and black banners fell from the enchanted ceiling of the hall to herald the house's victory. "Congratulations, Hufflepuff, and best of luck to ever house for next year, I'm sure it'll be another great competition."

Next, Nicolas simply clapped his hands, "Let the feast begin." The house tables were instantly filled with mountains of food as Nicolas retreated back to his spot at the staff table, glad the year - and this chapter of his life - was finally over.

Alyssa huffed angrily when she heard Professor King announce that Hufflepuff had won the House Cup. She was sure that they almost had one this year. It was ridiculous that somehow their house was beaten again.

'We'll win nwxt year. I don't care if I have to toture those first years to the beyonds, I'm not losing another year!'. Alyssa turned towards her Glam Squad friends and gave them a small smile, letting them know that next year she knew was going to be their year. Three was one of Alyssa's lucky numbers after all. Hopefully, her Third Year would be more eventful then her second. This year wouldn't be as rememorable as the rest of her years will hopefully be, and that was somewhat depressing.

Looking up at Professor King she noted that he looked slightly bummed, but it was barely noticable. 'Maybe he's just bummed about the School Year ending.' Alyssa shrugged it off and reached for a chocolate frosted cupcake that was calling her to come and eat it.

As Alyssa chewed the cupcake she thought to herself about the kind of year she would like to have next year. 'I like to get good grades, maybe find a cute boy, OH and I defiantly would like to tryout for Quidditch! Alyssa smirked and took another bite of her cupcake as cheering filled the Great Hall.

Today was the last day of the school year, and Abigail Lurken was dreading it more then anything. She wanted to stay for some reason, perhaps it was the thought of going to France without Asher, or perhaps she was just recalling what had happened when she left Hogwarts Scotland after her first year. She walked down to the great hall, even though she should be in her Slytherin uniform she had decided against it and opted for jean shorts, a white wife-beater and a pin striped blazer and flip flops. Her hair was flattened smoothly and tucked behind her ear.

Abbey was just replying to a letter she had recieved from her cousin, Hayden Kerberos, when she realized the time, so she skipped down the stairs, hoping she wasn't late. When she was on the ground floor she headed towards the Great Hall merily. She walked in with the rest of the students, and took a seat at the Slytherin table by her friends, Theodore, Alyssa, Bella and Nia.

The second year Slytherin couldn't help but wonder what her friends that she hadn't spoken to in quite some time were doing for the summer. She would miss Blake, Willow, Emme and Ava when she was gone, but thought it was best that she didn't tell them what she was doing, they would get extremely protective over her because she was going over to a boys house, but if they knew what she would really be doing if she stayed in New Zealand they would have pushed her into his arms.

Abbey looked up when Professor King began speaking, when he congratulated the Hufflepuff's for winning the House cup she clapped for her friend's house. She settled down after a short moment and when the feast began she looked at the food, she really felt guilty about eating this, something she did not earn but what did it matter?

Abigail picked up her glass of pumpkin juice and took a sip, looking around the Great Hall. She couldn't believe how quickly the year had gone by, and she smiled inwardly. She had decided that she was going to get over her past because that was exactly what was hurting her with everything in her life. She was going to get through her pain and would be a happier person for everything.

Abbey looked at her group of friends as she placed her goblet down, and began picked up her fork. "Can you believe how quickly the year has gone by?" she asked simply to make conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back