Admiring the Rose Bush

Athene Perthro

Athene was wondering around the lake, when she came across a large rosebush. In the very front there was a small silver plaque, which read very clearly;

IN MEMORIAM OF ROSE LANDERS, THE ROSE WHO NEVER WILTS
RAVENCLAW HOUSE FIRST YEAR
BELOVED STUDENT AND FRIEND
PASSED FIRST YEAR OF HOGWARTS NEW ZEALAND

Athene raised an eyebrow, curious. Had the girl died? 'Passed first year...' could simply mean that she passed the first year, and went on to the second. But, then why have a memorial for that?
Athene decided it was most likely that this 'Rose' had died. Athene wondered for a moment how, and looked out at the lake. Had she drowned?

Athene shuddered, instantly thinking of Artemis, and how she had died at the waterfall. Drowning would surely be a terrible way to die.

"The rose that never wilts, eh?" she muttered to herself.

She picked one of the roses, which had wilted in the sun, and sat down facing the lake. Absently, she began to pick off the petals and toss them into water, one by one, and watched as they floated away and sank.

Maddiie had never went to Rose's memorial site. So she decided to go and visit and was surprised to see Athene sitting visiting the spot.

She crept up to her and decided to tell her what happen.
"You know she was killed by the darkness at the Borley Mansion." Maddiie said it sadly.

((Athene is sitting, not standing BTW. lol, read my RP XD))

Athene looked up to see Maddiie towering over her.
"Dead?" she said quietly. "yeah, I thought so." she laughed softly. "That mansion really is something. I have to visit it one day."

She tossed the now petal-less flower into the lake and watched it sink beneath the surface.

Maddiie was confused.

"Why would you want to visit such a place?" she had know of this girl
to be weird. She didn't know what to think of her.

Athene grinned, remembering how she, Katalina, Sam and Kayley had been planning on visiting the mansion, but how the others had chickened out.

"Why not? I think it'd be fun"

"Well that on you. Try going with in older person
if your going." Maddiie knew she wouldn't, this
girl was a bit stubborn at times.

"Well I'm just saying be careful." she looked down at the grave stone sadly. It always a tragic when someone young dies.

She narrowed her eyes at the Huffelpuff. Like she cares whether i'm careful or not. I could die like that Ravenclaw, and no one would give a damn.

"I don't need your suggestions," she replied cooly.

"I know that, but still you know." Maddiie looked away from it all.

Katie was walking by the lake when she saw Athene and Maddie talking .She noticed that they were sitting near the Rose Bush.She walked towards them knowing athene was not someone good to have a conversation with but she continued walking.
"HI"she said stopping when she was there.

Maddiie turned around to see Kati had approached them while they were talking.
"Hi Katie" she smiled at Katie hoping things would be lot interesting with her around, not really knowing who Katie really was.

Maddiie Hollawarth said:
Maddiie turned around to see Kati had approached them while they were talking.
"Hi Katie" she smiled knowing well she must be the granddaughter or daughter of Luna.
((OOC: How in the world would Maddiie know that??))

((yeah I know I was checking it out. Soi'm edited that post))

Athene groaned loudly. Why was it that whenever she wanted some piece and quiet, everyone seemed to turn up, and when she wanted company, there was no one?

"What do you want?" she snapped at Lovegood.

Maddiie looked at Athene and rolled her eyes.
She always seem to better than everyone else she thought.

KAiley was walking around the lake when she decided to visit the rosebush. She had passed it many times but had never stopped to actually look at it. When she got there she saw that three people were already there. She saw Athene and had half a mind to turn around and leave.But figured Athene would take it as an oppourtounity to call her a coward again. So she stayed and read the inscription in the Plaque.

Athene hissed under her breath when she saw Kailey approach, but laughed outwardly.
"Kailey, still coming to Borely Mansion?" She sneered, a twisted smirk on her shallow face. "Or have you chickened out?"

"What ever I want is not from you so please mind your buisness!"she snapped back at Pethro.She walked towards where Kailey was standing.
"Well,The Borely mansion is spooky,but for me,I have already been there."she said with a smirk.

ooc:You see,also I can be rude when I want to :p :p

"What does going to the Borley mansion have anything to do with guts?" Maddiie asked confused.

Kailey's head snapped in Athenes Direction."Oh I'm still coming." KAiley said her voice low. "Just because I wasnt going to be stupid and go after curfew doesn't mean I'm a coward."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back