A change of scenery

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
Fed up of staying her dorm room and the common room Patricia made her way up The Student Lounge. She hoped that it wasn't noisy or busy like the common room had been moments ago. It was that time of year again when exams were coming up. Patricia didn't know what to expect this year, sure she had found the curriculum easy enough this year but it was never easy to tell when it came to the exams. Entering the lounge she was glad that there was only a handful of people in it today.

Making her way over to one of the desks she pulled out a seat and left her book bag on the table. With a sigh she once again pulled out her notes, she was determined to do some more revision. But after a while she couldn't seem to focus on it, so instead she took out her notes from the Conglomerated Arts Club. Her and the leaders had been working on big festival of sorts for the next semester and there was lots of work to be done beforehand. Despite the extra work Patricia didn't mind it, it was a great distraction from the work and with any luck it would go off without a glitch and hopefully become an annual thing.

Elvera walked up the stairs to her usual hide out in the north tower when she came upon a room that she had never been to before. it seemed pretty empty except for a few students quietly studying away. perfect thought Elvera. perhaps a different setting will help me study better. she took a seat near a friendly looking hufflepuff and pulled out a book. before she started reading she smiled and said "hello" to the girl next to her.

Engulfed in her book, wanting to cram as much knowledge in as possible before the exams came up, Patricia soon drowned all the noise from the background and was focused solely in her book. It wasn't particulary interesting, or boring for that fact, it was merely something she had read a few times before, so much in fact that it was coming to the stage where she knew what was coming next before it actually did.

Not realising someone sit down beside her Patricia continued to read. It wasn't until the person spoke to her did Patricia come out of her trance. Shaking her head so she could focus more she slowly came back to Earth (so to speak). Closing the book, not even bothering to note the page number, she turned to the person who had occupied the seat beside her. "Oh!" she exclaimed, in slight shock that someone was actually there, "Hi there. Sorry I got caught up in revision." she said with a laugh, waving her hand over her book nonchalantly.

"i didn't mean to distract you" said Elvera as the other girl seemed to take a few second coming back to earth. "i know what you mean too much studying. i seriously need to cram. I'm Elvera by the way" she said hoping that she hadn't distracted the other girl too much

"Oh no, I welcome distractions on days like this." Patricia replied to the girl with a laugh. At times she would get so 'in to' her work that she would stop for hours, and if no one would stop her she would surely explode with the amount of information she tried to retain. "Pat." she replied to the girl, long since the day where she would introduce herself as Patricia, well to fellow students anyway, adults were a different story. "So what year are you in Elvera?" she asked, knowing she was younger but not sure how young.

"I'm glad you dont mind. I always find it takes me a while to start and once I stop I have to start over again." she said putting her book on the table, thinking it could wait. "I'm a third year. how about you? fifth?" she said guessing how much older Pat was, she hoped that she wouldn't offend if she was wrong. she looked out of the window and then quickly looked away as the sun was reflecting of the lake, and shining on the dirt on the glass making it absolutely blinding. "what were you studying before i so rudely interrupted you?" she asked

Pat nodded her head in agreement, I'm the exact same." she said with a light roll of her eyes, laughing slightly. "Ahh third year. Electives." Pat said with a playful raise of her eyebrows, "How are they working out for you?" she asked. She remembered herself what last year was like, getting used to the new electives, it was hard. Shaking her head lightly she said, "No, close enough. I'm a fourth year." she said with a smile, she often found it strange that she had been here for four years already.

"Ahhh.." she said in response to Elvera's question, "I honestly can't remember, it's just all words at this stage." she said laughing as she looked down at her book. "Oh yeah Defence Against the Dark Arts." she said as she read the title. "Interesting enough. Horrible topic this year though." she said shaking her head.

Elvera smiled as Pat said that she also took ages to study feeling a little relieved that she wasn't the only one. "this year I'm doing runes which i love, arithmancy, which is ok, and divination which is next semester. to be honest i would love to just to my electives all day as i prefer them to my set subjects" she sighed. hoping that she wasn't waffling. she grimaced as Pat said she was reading define against the dark arts. Elvera had always disliked that subject, finding it a little scary and also a little pointless. it was probably only beaten by transfiguration, which she had not gotten the hang of still. then her mind went back to flying back in her first year. now that was the worst. "what do you want to be when you finnish hogwarts?" she asked

Patricia listened to the younger girl talking about her electives, nodding her head in understanding. "Ancient Runes is great, I miss the old Professor though, she was really nice. What's the new one like?" she asked out of curiosity, not having it until next semester she didn't know what to expect with the new Professor. "Didn't take on Divination. Oh and I loved Arithmancy last year. Professor Manteia was a great Professor too, but Professor Glasson's good too." Patricia added, her voice going a little off at the mention of the new Arithmancy Professor's name.

Patricia did like the Professor but after shouting at the Professor a few weeks ago, Patricia was unease around her, she would have to see her before classes start next term. But Patricia was a bit unsure of Professor Glasson ever since she found out that she and her brother had become a bit to close for her liking.

Patricia laughed as Elvera expressed her love for her electives, "Well it's a good thing that you like your electives, unfortunately you have to stick with the set ones, but only for a few more years." she added, seeing as you can drop some classes for your NEWTS. Elvera's next question caught Patricia off guard, she hadn't really put much thought as to what she would like to do once she left Hogwarts, "To be quite honest I'm not sure. Maybe a Professor, I quite like History of Magic, or Astronomy, oh and Muggle Studies is good too." she said with a shrug, she really didn't know what she wanted to do. "Then again there is the Ministry. What about you? Any ideas yet?" she returned her question.

"We had Professor Weasley. she was really good. supper inspiring." she found at the slight unease on Pats face. she dint know much about arithmancy as the professor had only been there a couple of weeks.
She knew that se had to keep her subjects for now. but she also knew which ones she would keep.
she was surprised that Pat didn't know what she wanted to do. she had known what she wanted to do once she had left ever since her first year. "i want to be a seer and either work for the ministry or work in my mothers shop. but i heard it is a lot of training." she looked out of the window zoning out for a second.

((sorry it sucked i am not feeling very inspired))

(It's ok ^_^ )

"Professor Weasley?" Patricia repeated, she hadn't heard of a Professor Weasley in the school, how much had she missed while she was unsocial this year?

The girls question stuck in Pat's head, she was too young to know what she wanted to be in the future right? She was 14 after all! As a younger girl Pat used to have dream jobs almost everyday, constantly changing them. Even at 14 it felt like that was still happening. No, I'm still young. I still have time. she told herself, and she did, she did have time. I hope!

Pat was slightly surprised when Elvera was able to come back with a response so quickly and so sure of herself. "Wow a seer! That would be very cool. she said honestly. She knew she could never be a seer, it did seem like a lot of hard work but it wasn't something that interested her. For some reason they reminded her like those fortune - tellers from back home, and most of them were fake. "What shop does your mother own?" she asked curiously?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back