🎱🎥 Movie Marathon: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2

I agree that the when the last book came out, it felt very big. I remember staying up reading it because I didn't want to hear spoilers on my way to class. xD The end of the movies also felt like another ending though it doesn't feel as important now that additional movies in the same world have come out. xD

I'm going to try to watch both parts this weekend. Am looking forward to it too because these are the movies I've seen the least, and I don't remember the movies much, especially for part two.

Circling back to movie 6 for a moment - while Dumbledore's line about perks to being home is cool, I feel like suggesting there are exemptions to the protective enchantments at Hogwarts (or being powerful enough you can overcome them) is problematic when we get to the seventh movie. Should've kept with the books sequence of how they got to the cave and back from the cave.

re: HP 7 pt.2 - some great lines of feedback from my wife, as per usual. Dementors "remind her of toilet paper rolls" And she just learned Alan Rickman is dead, she shared as soon as Snape appeared on screen... obviously not knowing Snape dies in this film. :tut:

I don't think I like the hard-G pronunciation of Nagini's name - did anybody else always go soft-G when reading the books?

I wish that they didn't have Voldy kill Harry with the stupidest pronunciation of the killing curse ever.

“Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.” <- is this in the books, or just the movie?

The "not my daughter" line from Molly felt like a 6/10 in the movie but should've been a 10/10.

I wish it was more clear that Harry killed Voldy with Expelliarmus. xD

I don't think I like the change of Harry deciding to break the Elder Wand. Don't get me wrong, it's a much better plan than his stupid plan to leave it in Dumbledore's tomb (the first time somebody disarms Harry it has a new master) - but I think it gives Harry too much credit and also probably makes the wand's power over people too small. Also, its value as a historic artifact of all Wizardom and Harry just snaps it?

Then the Epilogue... the fact that Cursed Child exists ruined it for me. Also, I don't know why Albus Severus looked so enchanted by a chocolate frog. I get the filmmaker's decision to bring us full circle, another boy just beginning to discover the magic and wonder of Hogwarts ... but he (unlike Harry) was raised in the magical world. So chocolate frogs shouldn't be the thing they used to signal that.

Overall, I felt the pacing of this film was bad. Surprisingly the one with all the running around felt good and this one just felt really long. The crew gets to Hogwarts like at the halfway point and then I was like "woah, this is only the halfway point?!" - I think events should have unfolded a lot quicker once they got to the school. Not sure what I would have cut, but that's the feeling I was left with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back