Yuleball can go...

Ai Adlam

OOC First Name
Ana. V
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
Ai was out by the cliffs this night. She had seen more 'rabbits in heat' this week alone that in all the school year combined. The culprit? The Yule ball. A more disgusting display of the human weakness Ai could not imagine. She closed her eyes and breathed in the clear summer's night. At least here when the ball came around it meant that summer was truly here. Of course Ai being sensitive to the sun came out at night when there where night like this.

She was covered in a light black cloak which hid her new steampunk style which consisted of a set of three gears at her throat. It was odd for someone who was as anti-muggle as Ai to have such a technological style but still Ai liked the old Victorian feel it had. She looked at the night sky though her eyes let nothing but ice reflect off of them. This was a fine night even if the accursed ball was going on indoors.

[so I get that the ball is happening at present...]

Sam unbuttoned his tuxendo, and hung it over his shoulder. It was a nice temperature outside, and he did not need it on. He had spent the first hour or so at the ball, but it had gotten a little boring as most of his friends either had a date, or were not there.

He wasn't really thinking about where he was going, he was just letting his legs take him where they wanted to go. He was thinking about dates for the ball really. It would have been nice if he'd asked someone, he just didn't really know who to take. Ai was totally out of the question, he still hadn't forgiven her.

He looked up and saw that he was nearing the cliffs, a figure was already standing their. A figure who when he walked closer he recognised. Ai. He stopped on the spot, knowing it was to late to turn back, she would have heard him.

Ai didn't have to turn around to know who was there. She had a talent of knowing people by the way they walked. "Stand right there and don't make a sound. The night was perfect without you and I want to pretend your not here." She said her voice never wavering from it's drowning monotone. Sam hadn't talked to her in two blissful weeks and had wished that he would never talk to her again.

She wrapped the light coat around herself and looked down now into the dark abyss. She could hear the water spraying against the rocks softly from how high up they where. Ai almost wished that she could go down there and see the dark water spray against the rocks but knew doing so would mean her death.

Sam narrowed his eyes at her little speech. She thought her night was ruined? Well, he wasn't exactly that happy to see her yet. At least she wasn't with her little friend, though. He was still annoyed from the previous two weeks ago, when she had decided to use him as her punching bag.

"So where's you dress?" he asked piercing the silence with his voice, ignoring what she had said to him. He wondered if she had gone along to the ball as well. He stayed where he was, it was enough distance away from her, and he could still hear her speak. He didn't know whether to be mad at her or not, there was something about her, that even though she (and her little friend) had broke his nose and arm, he still kinda wanted to talk to her.

For a moment Ai mused on the fact that there had to be a part of Sam that liked pain. How else could she beat upon his ass and still have him come to her like this. She unclasped her thin cloak and showed him her button up skirt and the small shoulder jacket she was waring. Agian there her gears around her neck and what looked like a clockwork bird at her hip on a pocket watch's chain. "This is what I chose to ware for the night. The Yule Ball is a worthless exsesice that I wish to have nothing to do with." She said then turned back to the endless expance of darkness.

Her breathing was deep as she took in the beauty of the night sky. This was waht she lived for. The dark and cold. This was her home. She loved the dark because darkenss was all she knew but was it wronge to like where one was? She didn't need love or warmth the only one that she had let offer her that had died two year before. She slipped her cloak on again. Though it was a warm night the breez still made her shiver.

Sam liked what she was wearing, he tried to hide it. He thought that it was nice someone tried to be different, yet still pretty, but he pushed these thoughts out of his head with the thought of her trying to beat him up only weeks ago. He still hadn't quite gotten over that. "A worthless exersize that I wish to have nothing to do with" he murmered to himself, with a smirk. From the distance, he saw her shiver, and he wanted to offer her his coat, but he feared that it would be to much. He didn't want her to think that she had forgiven him. Yet, he wanted to show her that he wasn't afraid of her. He took a few steps towards her.

"My Mum always used to like dark nights like these" he said aloud, while looking up into the night. "She loved the peacefulness, and how she could read the sky" his Mum used to love astronomey, and watching the stars, planets, and universe, she always had this content look while doing so, even when times were hard. One of the first things she had told him when he was little and had been watching the stars was that the moon was made of cheese. He smiled at the thought of how he had wanted to fly up there to see at that age. He still missed her. He quickly snapped out of these thoughts, and wondered why he had just told her that, he barely talked to anybody about his Mum.

Sam sighed, and glanced back at Ai, debating whether he should offer coat. He thought that he would be madder than this, but some how he couldn't be. Their was something about her. As much as she annoyed him, he, well... kinda liked her. He liked her firey look she got when she was mad, her sarcasm, and the way she was different to the other girls he had met. He tried to push the feelings down deep.

He was about two meters away from her. He took a step forward, "Do you want my coat?" he asked, as a cool breese ruffled his hair. He wondered if she would get mad with him, and try and punch him or something, yet he hoped she wouldn't.

Ai looked back at Sam, eyes frozen over eyes narrowed. She studied him. Was he really offering her something of this without need of something back? Of course her friends where her friends but they where like her somewhat. Cold and cruel at worst they loved to see others in pain. She clutched her cloak as if it would protect her from more than the cold them then tapped the ground next to her. "Sit if it pleases you." She said then tucked her legs underneath her.

"My brother would follow me to places like this even though too much air would make him sick. A lot of things made him sick, made us sick." She said. Ai crossed her arms around her middle, closing herself fully against anything and anyone. She looked at the stars again this time not seeing the constilations but music notes. Her violin sat in her room tonight. She only played when the insperations stuck her which it hadn't over the last few weeks. Leave me alone She seemed to say without saying another word.

Sam watched her eyes narrow, and guessed that she didn't want the coat. Ai sat down, and when she offered him to sit, he surprisingly did.

"Us sick?" he asked quietly to Ai, he had never known she had a brother. Then again she had never really hung round to talk to him, and if she did it was mostly threats. Sam glimpsed again at her, and noticed her body language. She didn't want to talk. He sighed in his head. He didn't know wheter he should take the risk in talking or not.

"Ai" He said, breaking the silence and using her name aloud which he had not done in a while, "May I ask you a question?" he said with a quiet smile. He wanted to ask her why she had tried to beat him up he knew it was stupid, but he just wanted to know.

Ai hated nearly everyone but still she couldn't help but feel some sort of attachment to the boy that kept wanting to be beside her. Her eyes narrowed again when he asked about 'us'. "I used to be one of two. That's all you need to know." She nearly hissed. In Ai's mind there was no one that was worth of knowing her brother.

She thought of boys as somewhat more unintelligent beings so part of her dislike for Sam was that he was in fact male. She couldn't put this standred on Sam anymore though. He had asked if he could ask her something. "No you can not you can stay there though." She said her voice flat and emotionless. What Ai did next surprised even herself she scooted over to him and let her head lay on his shoulder. It was more like she was stealing warmth from him than anything else but still she was there.

Sam listened to her answer, and wondered if her brother had died. He didn't feel a smile on his face, losing someone who you loved was to much sometimes. If she did, there was something that he could relate too, deep down inside her.

She had said no and that he could sit there. Sam decided to forget it, and glanced up towards the stars. He felt her move over, then felt his mouth part slightly in disbelif when she put her head on his shoulder. He didn't want to move, but put his head down so he was looking straight out, and so it was more comfortable for Ai. Feelings swirled round in his head, and he tried to figure them all out, was his heat really beating a little bit faster?

Ai put her hand up under Sam's chin and pushed his mouth shut. "Close your mouth your not a codfish. No matter how close to one you are getting." She said. She didn't know what mad her do this but it just felt sort of nice. Ai would have to explore things like this further if she was to gather more information on it. Feelings other than burning hate where new still relativity new to her. Ai put her hand back on the edge of her cloak and pulled it tighter around her own shoulders. There was no change in her ice cold eyes but she wasn't hurting Sam. That had to be a start.

Sam felt himself smile when she pushed his mouth shut "A codfish" he mumered slightly to her, humor in his voice. His tuxedo jacket was at his side, and he quietly handed it to Ai, as he felt her pull her coat tighter around her. He didn't want her getting to cold. He glanced up towards the moon feeling pretty happy inside, surprisingly. The madness had disappeared. It was nice Ai not throwing insults, or punching him. He felt her hand close to his, and wondered whether he should quietly place his hand on it. But, he wanted to take it slowly otherwise, he would find himself in one big mess.

Ai found it odd that his voice sounded floaty. Ai took the coat and placed it around her shoulders. She wondered why she was shivering to so much when it was warm night. She realized what was happening then. She wasn't shivering her mussels where twitching. "Oh no..." She was all she was able to get out before the seducer took over. She fell forward with some of her hair falling across his lap as the epileptic fit ranked her small body. It didn't hurt but it was imbressing that Sam was the one to see her like this. She had forgetting to take the potion that made so this didn't happen to her anymore before she came out here now she was paying the price for it.

Sam was sitting, enjoying the moment when Ai wasn't hurting him or throwing insults at him or anything. There was something about her which he liked, even when she was mad. He heard her say 'oh no' and instantly turned to see what was wrong. As he turned he watched her small body fall onto his lap, her muscles beginning to twitch. He had read many books in his life about various topics, and figured it was a seizure. He knew from his reading that there was not anything he could do, and that it would be over in a matter of minutes. He didn't know if he should hold her or not, and arkwardly put his arm around her shoulders, feeling the spasems of her muscles. He felt it gradually going away, and tipped her to her side slightly, so that she wouldn't choke or anything. He was surprised at how calm he was acting. He guessed it was because he had seen things that people his age hadn't seen before, and could handle it. Plus, he knew she would most probably be okay.

"Ai, can you hear me? You okay now?" he asked her quietly, his hand moved back around her shoulder for support again, as he lifted her slowly to seating position.

[sorry it took me so long to post... :( hope this post isn't to lame xD]

The spasems started suddenly but they went away slowly. Slowly the locks on her mussles lifed. She had expected to come back into her sences alone like she had so many times before but she wasn't. There was a comforting arm around her still shaking shoulders. Why would he be here. She had friends, yes but she would have expeced them to leave her alone to deal with this. Everyone always left her alone at one point. Sam hadn't though. "Why stay?" She asked though soft puffing breaths.

Sam puzzled at her question, it had never passed his mind to leave, he would have never dreamed of it.

"Well, because" he said, trying to word his words right "If something happened, and I walked away I wouldn't forgive myself" he then said simply. It was true, he knew there was nothing he could do about his Mum, and it was a bit of a different story. But, if he could stop someone hurting, or support them, he would do it. It was a sweeter side of Sam that Ai probably had never realised was there.

"Then you are a fool!" Ai said pushing him away. It took a moment but her anger came back. She was angry at the world for leaving her alone in a world no meant for the brittle like her. Sam would be just the same. Eventually he would leave her. Everyone left her. She was born as two, was left as one and would stay that way forever. "How dare you even pretend you care." She hissed and tossed his coat back. Her own light cloak was enough to hold her over now that she wasn't under one of her many illnesses. With that she walked away from Sam, off to be alone somewhere else.

"A fool?" Sam replied a little baffled, previous moments ruined. He didn't feel a smile.

"How dare I even pretend I care?" he mumered madly, then spoke aloud "You know what Ai?" he said loudly and madly "You don't even know me" he paused "You don't know me, and you don't know my screwed up past. So don't try that on me" he said walking towards her a little so she could hear him. His more madder, and agressive side was showing, inherited from his father, as much as he didn't like him.

"Anything I do to you, you, your the one who pretends she cares" he paused "Then you shug me off with an insult, or a punch" he paused "When you don't."

Ai clenched her fists and narrowed her eyes looking back at Sam. "When have I given you one inkling that I care about you or almost anyone in this retched school? According to our year mates I am the girl with eyes like ice, she who brings winter where ever she goes and you say I pretend to care? Sam Moor it's you who don't know a thing about me." She said her voice going flat as a robot's. Whatever emotion that Sam had managed to get out of her was gone now and all that was left as the arctic girl that had first step foot in this school.

"Oh, so you used me? You decided to put your head on my shoulder for no apparent reason then?" Sam asked, eyes narrowing.

"Who cares what my mates say? I thought that there might have been something behind that ice. But no, your right there isn't." he spun round, and walked away from Ai. He didn't want to talk to her anymore. He began to head towards the forbidden forest, it was somewhere he could think in peace, he didn't care who or what was in there, or that it was forbidden

Ai looked away. "None that I can explain." She said honestly. She was one that enjoyed to cause pain to those around her. She had relished every scream that came from a little trollop that had been stupid enough to step in her path. For some reason she felt no joy in hurting Sam. "Stop it Ai, your heart is one thing you don't want to alive." She whispered to herself then started to walk back to the castle. If she had any kind of power to her Ai would have been leaving the world a frozen waistland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back