You can't make me....

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam waited for Ari to catch up with him on her broom then flew next to her the whole way down to the lake. "Your pretty brave for doing all of this.." Sam complimented. She was brave, for flying such great heights on her first day. "But I guess its just because I'm here, ain't it." he joked and nudged her before landing smoothely on his feet.

He took a seat on the grass, promising himself he wouldn't move from that spot. Sam pulled out his quidditch magazine from his jeans pocket and unfolded it. "Don't you have something to do?" He asked her grinning.

Arianna laughed "Yup, your very presence inspires me" she said.
She thought about it for a moment "Well, if you actually think about it, I mean you have" her cheeks turned slightly pink "I would never have flown all the way to the castle, climbled through a window and played my guitar if you hadn't been there" she said all of this, still in the air, watching as Sam landed smoothly. She attempted to imitate the motion, and ended up flopped on the grass, next to her broom.

Sitting up, she looked at him, already sitting there with a magazine "I do, as a matter of fact" she said, getting up. She walked over to the edge of the lake, and stood in the half melted snow. She took off her t shirt (She has her togs on underneath) and stood on her tip toes. She knew it got dramatically deep a few steps in, so it was possible to dive. She readied herself briefly, then pushed off from the bank, diving straight into the water. It was even better than she imagined. She surfaced, and treaded water, grinning over at Sam "You don't know what you're missing!" she said.

Sam shook his head, "No way! You could have done that without me." He told her, knowing that she was brave enough and well capable of doing all of those things without him close at her tail. He couldn't help but laugh a little at her landing, "Smooth.." He said to her smiling.

Sam watched her enter the lake and he rolled his eyes at her comment. "Yeah I do." he said closing his magazine but keeping his finger on the right page. "Freezing, dirty, hypothermia, freezing, lake water." He said to her then stubbornly continued his reading.

"I don't think so" Arianna said "Before you found me on the quidditch pitch, there was no hope of me actually getting airborn" She told him. It was very true.
She stuck her tongue out at him "Very smooth indeed"

"It's not freezing!" Arianna cried indignantly "It's refreshing" she told him.
She ducked under the water, and swam out further.

"Refreshing is just a fancy word for Freezing." he told her, then she ducked under the water. Sam waited for her to resurface but she hadn't. He looked back at his magazine and occiasionally letting his gaze slide back to the lake. He knew she was just playing well he hoped she was just playing, he got up anyways and left his magazine aside. He stood at the edge of the lake, "Ari?" he called loudy.

Arianna swam down deeper, to the weeds, and pulled them apart to see the bottom. There was a human hand lying there. She screamed and swam upwards breaking the surface with a splash. She frantically swam back to the edge, and clambered over the edge rolling over until she was flat on her back. She was breathing heavily, but said in a jumble "Swim... Weeds... HAND!" she looked desperatly at Sam, absolutely panicked.

Sam waited not moving, she really had been in there for quite a long time. He peeked his head looking to see any sort of movement in the water, "Ari? This isn't funn-" Just then Ari came splashing out of the water and onto the bank. He quickly knelt down beside her. "Ari? Ari are you okay?" He noticed by the panicked expression on her face that she wasn't. He took her hand and pulled her up into a sitting position. He put his arm around her shoulder , "You'll be okay.." He said softly not really knowing what to say in these situations. "Whats happened?" he asked her finally.

Arianna let herself be pulled up into a sitting position, and felt Sam's arm around her. She controlled herself and said in a shaky voice "There's a hand in the lake" She held up her own to get the point across. Arianna was now shivering uncontrollably, and looked around for her bag.

Sam's mouth dropped, "A hand?! Like a human hand?" He said completely shocked. There couldn't be a hand in the lake. "Are you sure I mean you might have just thought you saw a hand but it actually wasn't.." he said rather quickly, not really wanting to believe that their was a hand in the lake. Yes, he liked his own idea better. An actual hand would be far to creepy.

"A hand like a human hand!" Arianna said, nodding "No, no, I'm absolutely sure!" She rememberd pulling back the weed, and seeing it lying there all sinisterly. She started to feel sick, Why was there a hand in the lake?
Her little shivers turned into shakes, and cold spread right through her.

"May-maybe it was something that just looked an awful lot li-" Sam thought about his sentece midway, the chances of something looking like a human hand were very slim. As she started to shiver Sam rubbed her back comfortingly. "W-what should we do?" he asked trying to keep his voice calm.

"Thanks" Arianna said. She stood up slowly, and stumbled over to her bag. Pulling out her towel, she wrapped it around herself, trying to warm up
"I'm not sure" she said "I suppose tell someone, but..." She didn't want to relive the whole thing over and over again to a teacher "It could be left over from when the Celtic people were here. That was ages ago, but maybe..." She trailed off slowly. "Yeah, it might have just been preserved in the water all these years" Arianna was now very glad that she had read up on Hogwart's history before she came.

((OOC would that battle not have been in Hogwarts Scotland? :huh: ))

Sam looked back at her as she wrapped a towel around herself. He was glad she didn't want to go to a teacher, he didn't either. Sam took in her suggestion, "Yeah maybe...or it could just be off one of the mer-people. I'm sure they can be quite viscious when they want to be." Sam said thinking about about both of their suggestions. "You know a lot about your history aswell huh?" He asked knowing that she was excellant at Charms.

Arianna hadn't thought of mer-people, she doubted they would do that to a student. "I'm not great at History" she said, her voice still not completely normal "I just read a book about Hogwarts New Zealand before I came" she explained, still feeling cold. "I wonder if I can summon a hoodie down here..." she said, looking up at the castle. "Might as well give it a go" she said, pulling out her wand.

Arianna twisted around as she stood up, facing the castle, pointing her wand vaguely in the direction she thought Hufflepuff house was. "Accio hoodie!" she said, thinking off her favourite black one. She couldn't see anything, so she sat back down "Ah well worth a try" she said "I might fly up an-" Something collided with the back of her head. Putting a hand up, she pulled the thing off her head "Yay, my jersey!" she exclaimed. "The spell did work!" she pulled it on over her head, smiling as she did so.

Sam watched as something hit Ari's head, it was her hoodie. He waited till she put it on before he asked her, "Are you alright now?" he knew she wouldn't be calmed down until another little while. It wasn't everyday that one saw a hand lying about and he knew he'd be freaking it if he saw it. "Told you, you shouldn't have gone into it." he joked and nudged her playfully trying to lighten the subject.

"Yup, just you know, shocked... and a little wierded out" Arianna told him, but she was feeling better.
"I'm definetly listening to you next time!" she said, only half joking. "I don't think I ever want to go in there again. Next time it could be a head or something" she said, shuddering "I won't be eating dinner tonight"

Sam let out a low chuckle, "You and me both." He smiled. "I didn't even see the thing and I'm creeped out. I won't be sleeping tonight either." He usually didn't sleep anyway. When Jenn left he couldn't sleep for weeks but he was getting over her little by little but he still couldn't sleep. There was only a certain amount of quidditch reading you could take in at night. "Well..if you look on the plus side.." he said with a cheeky smirk, "At least you didn't get hypothermia." he laughed.

"We can use the night to study" Arianna said, half heartedly.
"Wooh, fun" she added glumly. She knew that she probably should use the night to study, but she really didn't feel like it.
She laughed "You're right! I didn't!" she said, feeling much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back