🌹 Rose Giving Yellow Spots All Over

Zephryn Spencer

Athletic, Anger Issues, Twin, Competitive

OOC First Name
Sam
@Marnie Frogg

Zee honestly had no clue where to find the last name on her list. But she was certainly tired of giving out roses at this point. She had given out so many yellow ones that her eyes only saw that colour now. She held another yellow rose in her hand as she wandered about the castle. Without any luck. She needed some fresh air. She decided to head towards the Lakefront, the rose still in her hand. She was not thinking about finding the student out here, but apparently luck was on her side. She spotted Marnie outside of the castle. Zee rushed over to her, happy to get this over with.

Marnie was stuck on her latest delivery, unable to find them anywhere downstairs yet. She knew she should probably just suck it up and go back upstairs and search the towers but that sounded dreadful after a long morning so she'd tried looking outside instead. It was nice, even if the wind kept trying to blow her special hand-knit rose hat she'd tried to make for the occasion. It didn't help that she'd not exactly finished said hat and it was more a blob of yarn than something that would stay on her head, but she was trying.

She let out a gasp as the wind finally caught it, dragging it across the ground and towards the older girl heading her way who Marnie recognized as a prefect. "Oh! Quick, quick, catch it, please it looks like a mess but it's meant to look that way and it'll look way worse if it lands in the water," she said scrambling after the hat with a laugh.

Zee was so in her own world of just getting these flower deliveries done that she certainly was caught off guard when the younger girl was urging her to catch something that had flown away. It didn't look like anything important, but maybe the girl didn't like to litter. Zee quickly chased after it, grabbing ahold of the item. She held it in her hands, along with the rose, looking it over. What even was it? It looked like a blob to her, to be honest. She approached the girl, handing back the 'hat.' Zee had not planned on making two 'deliveries today.' "Here you are" She said as she handed it over. "Oh and what I actually came here for. Here is your rose" she said, now freeing her hands of both of the items.

Marnie let out a sigh of relief as the girl caught her hat before it could get far, jogging after her and taking it back gratefully. "Ohh thank you I spent ages working on it for today or well I spent a few hours last night working on it but I thought about making it since the start of February time just sort of got away from me is all but it's my rose good luck charm and see it totally worked you have a rose for me as well, thank you! My hat's meant to be a rose too can you tell?" Marnie said, turning her hat around and dropping it on her head with a flourish before taking the rose as well. "Was there a note too?" She asked, checking the rose over. Another yellow one, but Marnie wasn't complaining.

Zee wasn't always the nicest individual, but she also didn't want to be entirely mean. She couldn't help being blunt at times though, most of the time. She tried to place a small smile onto her face as the young girl babbled on and on. That girl could certainly talk. The dreaded question came when she asked Zee if she thought the 'hat', oh it was a hat, looked like a rose. "Umm.. I didn't get a good look at it when it was flying through the air" Zee said, knowing the girl was modeling the hat on her head now though. Would that answer be enough? Probably not. "I guess if you squint a bit, it looks like a rose" Zee said honestly. "Very creative though" she added, trying to soften the blow. Not that it really was a compliment, even though it sounded like one. Zee had little time for creativity. She didn't see the point. There was no winning in knitting or sowing.

She was happy for the distraction of forgetting the note once more. She dug into her pockets, not making eye contact with the 'hat' on the girl's head. She didn't want to have to examine it more and give an even more honest answer. She sorted through the remaining notes that she labeled with the names of the students on the front. That way she didn't read the notes but could tell who they were for. She finally found it, handing the note to the girl.

Hi Marnie!
I couldn't get them to charm the rose to smell like frosting, but imagine it does. They also wouldn't let me send it, but I made a scarf for you! You'll have to come see me in person for it though, sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back