Xanthe's story

Xanthe Marino

Xanthe woke with a scream her long silky brown hair was soaked she'd fallen asleep in the libary again. Xanthe had had the petrifying nightmare again whats worse was it's more of a dream the a night mare. When Xanthe was three her mother had disappeared then one month later she'd seen with her own deep blue eyes her father get murdered. Even if she had only been three she'd had enougth sense to run away from the tall guy dressed all in black holding a long pointy wand. She had then been a orphan for the next eight years of her life.

Every where she'd been she hadn't felt safe till now. She had found hogwarts and there she felt safe. She had acted cruel in her past for she had turned her fear into a short temper. But now she wasn't afraid she could be sweet and kind . Even through she still didn't want to be seen crying so she wiped her tears away.

Xanthe thought back to when she had lived on her orphanage boat. Every day she would sit on the tern of the Big bold long black boat and gaze out to the deep blue mysterouis ocean.One day some wizards came and anounced she had a sister named Taylor and she went to hogwarts then later a owl had come with a note saying she had been accepted by hogwart 's. She was so excited she jumped with glee.

She searched the libary from were she sat, still empty, good. But then she sensed someone coming stiffened listening intensly hard.

Immy had been reading a book quietly in the corner of the library when she heard someone scream. Immy looked up quickly wondered who had just let out a scream which had reminded Immy of screams from her past. She put the book down and stood up. She brushed down her skirt on the dress she was wearing and began to look for the source of the noise. Immy looked through the different book shelves, unable to find the source. She looked around her every second until finally she came across someone. Well more like bumped into someone.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry." Immy said to the person. "Sorry if this sounds weird, but I heard someone screaming and I wanted to know if they were okay. You wouldn't happened to be the one that screamed?"

"hi I'm Xanthe Marino !" Xanthe replied startled for she thought she had been alone. "It was me who sreamed but i think I'm ok now just a nightmere!" Xanthe flashed the girl a white friendly smile to try to back up her word then mutterd "memory actullay!"

Immy looked to the girl and smiled when she gave her name. Immy nodded as the girl, Xanthe spoke. Immy was glad to know she hadn't imagined the scream and had found the person. Immy noted that the girl at the end had called it a memory. Immy didn't really know this girl in front of her but thought about maybe asking about it. Immy looked around them and spotted some chairs.

"Hi, I'm Imogen or Immy, it's nice to meet you Xanthe. Do you want to sit down?" Immy said, walking over to the chairs and taking a seat on one of them. "You said memory, your nightmare, was it a memory? I know we've just met but you can trust me."

Xanthe sat and looked at the girl this was the first person sh'd actually met at hogwarts and they had only just met. But there was something comforting about the girl and so Xanthe patted the seat beside as in a sign for the girl to sit and listen. Then Xanthe took a breath and began to explain everything her mum, her dad, the orphanage, her nightmare's and finely her sister she'd found out about not to long ago.

Immy sat beside the girl and listened as she spoke. Immy nodded along as she spoke. She was unsure of what to say after the girl had finished. Immy didn't know whether to tell the girl about her or just say I understand slightly. Immy reached out a hand and took the Xanthe's hand. Immy knew she couldn't say she understood or knew even a little about what the girl was going through. Immy had lost loved ones in front of her eyes but it had not been murder. Immy opened her mouth to say something but no words came out. She was quite speechless.

"I'm sorry"Immy said knowing that wouldn't help but it broke the small silence. "I know what it's like to lose someone. More than one person. All I can really say, is that at least your no longer completely alone, you have a sister"

Xanthe looked into immy's eyes she sensed a memory stirring in the girls head. Xanthe smiled a little and said "Thankes but i haven't found her yet, and i don't want to think about it but what if i to all the trouble of running away from the orphanage and she dosn't exsist, do you want to help me find her?" she asked

Immy nodded. She wanted to help Xanthe. Immy had nothing better to do with her time anyway so she may as well help her new friend. Immy smiled brightly and nodded.

"Yes, I'd love to help you find your sister. Shall we look for her now?" Immy said smiling at the girl.

"Mabe but i'm a little nervice what if we we find her and she dosn't like me or we're complete oppisites or somthing." replied Xanthe

Immy nodded, she would've been surprised if Xanthe hadn't been a little nervous about meeting her sister. Immy would've been very nervous too.

"You'll never know until you look for her and find her. She might really like you." Imogen said with a bright smile. "And if she doesn't then you'll have friends to be with."

Immy nodded happily. She smiled back her new friend.

"Of course. I'm your friend"Immy said smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back