Writing home

Kate Johnson

Wand
Holly wand, 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kate rapped her scarf tighter around her neck to keep out the chill of the frosty air as she stepped into the owlery tightly clutching her letter to her parents.

Seeing her amazing owl, Tilly standing in her hole she wandered over to her. Stroking her carefully she smiled at Tilly and fed her an owl treat. She got out her ribbon and the letter and carefully so she didn't hurt the owl, she tied it to her leg in a way that it wouldn't come off. She stroked the owl and opened the door for Tilly to fly out of but not before giving her another owl treat.

Kate stayed up there until the owl vanished from site. Then she walked down the icy steps. However, when she got to the bottom she realised that she had left her ribbon up there so she patiently climbed up again to get the ribbon.

[ Someone could post now or after i come up from recieving my mums reply!! Please post though!!! Thanks!!]

Aiden walked up to the Owlrey angrily, he knew he had to write his father, as Aiden got there he saw Kate. Aiden sighed lightly and walked over to her and said with sadness and anger hitting his voice, though it wouldn't be all that noticable, "Hey Kate."

Anna arrived in the front door of the cottage that they lived in. She dropped her jacket on the sofa and sat down next to it. Mark, her husband came in and kissed her then sat down with her. "Had a good day?" She asked him. Satisfied with the answer she looked out the window at Kate's horse. "Your missing Kate, aren't you?" She asked the horse. He winnied and nudged his head at the window. Anna stood up and opened the window to let him poke his head in. She stroked the soft velvet of his mane and turned to Mark.

As she did Kate's owl flew in the open window causing Kates' horse to jump. Anna soothed the horse and stroked Tilly. "Hey girl!" She wispered. Untying the ribbon and the letter she glided over to the kitchen cupboard to give Tilly a treat. "Here we go!" She absentmindedly said as she fed the tired owl.

Sitting down again she opened the letter and waved goodbye to her husband who had just walked out of the door to go and see someone from his work. Scanning the letter for the news she decided to read it in full.

It read:
Kate's letter said:
Dear mum and dad,

School is great! I am really enjoying it. Pat and Nat are really nice to hang around. Hollie is cool when we see each other however, we don't often see each other! Can we invite her around in the holidays?? I have made a really nice friend in Gryfindor called Aiden Lorka who is really cool and comforts me a lot!

The TWT 2nd task was a disaster. Professor Barker was kidnapped!! Everyone got in a fluster and i got badly hurt in the rush. I am fine now but woke up in the Hospital wing. Apparently, the Durmstrang head rescued me from the chaos and then the CoMC professor took me to the hospital wing? The durmstrangs have left now i think but could we please get something to give to Professor Tom Fletcher (CoMC Professor!!) Lemina, my prefect was really nice and was there too! I am fine now so don't worry!!

I have to go now!!

Hoping you are both well,

Your loving daughter,

Kate
xxx

Anna wiped away the tears that pricked her eyes and smiled, she would do as her daughter requested. She placed the letter by her bed alongside the picture of Kate and then replied to Kate's letter.

After replying she fed Tilly and sent her away back to Kate.

[ Hurry up!! LOL]

Kate smiled at Aiden, "I am fine thanks! What could make you better?" She asked careingly (sp?) She looked him in the eye and then out of the window. In the distance she could see a cute owl flying towards them. "Thats a nice owl isn't it!?" She asked Aiden before she realised that it was her own.

[Sorry I had other things to do]

Aiden shrugged his shoulders and said, "There's a whole whack of things but I'm sure it'll bore you." Aiden nodded his head not really listening to what Kate said because his thoughts consumed him.

"It's nothing!" Aiden said firmly, with a sort of warning growl in his voice. "I just don't want to talk about it okay?" Aiden said breathlessly.

Kate shied away scared as Aiden got angry and funny with her. "If you want to chat, i am happy to listen but yeh, you don't have too." She stuttered scared. Tears visibly pricked her eyes as he got angry with her. She swiped them away but it was obvious that they had been noticed. She hated people being funny with her. She loved Aiden like a brother and didn't like it when he was funny with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back