Writing home.

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Harri walked up to the owlery with three letters in her hands. She needed to tell her family about what was going on her at school. She looked at the letters, one for her dad Sam, one for James and one for Tommy. She hadn't bothered writing to her mum, why should she? If Brooke wasn't bothered about Harri, Harri was most certainly not going to be bothered about her. She rearead each of the letters just to make sure she had included everything.
Dear dad,
You've probably already read about it in the prophet, but Professor Barker, our headmistress, was kidnapped at the last TWT challenge! Apparently it was death eaters! Terrible isn't it? But Prof. King spoke to us all in the common room and we're safe here! He said we can get withdrawn from school but I really don't want to! Please let me stay!
In other news, Ellie came back! Isn't it great? And so I'm planning on asking her over for the summer if thats okay? And also can Steph stay? Shes another of my friends. She's lovely and we won't be any trouble!
Love you dad x
That letter was fine, she had included everything.
Jaaaames!
Jeez I've missed you soo much! Whens the baby due? Anytime soon isn't it?
Have you heard about whats going on here? Prof. Barker got kidnapped by death eaters! There was a huge panic, but we're all safe here at Hogwarts!
Miss you loads!
Love Harri
She smiled as she read over this letter, it was true she missed him loads and couldn't wait for her knew cousin to be born!
Hey Tommy,
How've you been? Hows school?
It's a bit manic here, our headmistress has been kidnapped by death eaters! But I'm okay before you ask!
Love Harri,
Her last letter was short, but she hadn't heard from Tommy in a while and she really did miss him.
She attatched the letters to some owls and sent them off hopeing to recieve a reply soon.

James was sitting with his wife in his house with the biggest smile on his face. It was only a few days untill the baby was due! He watched as an owl swooped down and began pecking rather vigorously at the window, he opened it up and took the letter. Giving the owl a treat as he did so. He saw his name adressed on it in Harri's handwriting. He slumped down and read it laughing at the amount of 'a's she had written in his name. After re-reading the letter a few times, he pulled out his quill and parchment and began to write a replie.
Dear Harri,
Yup the babys due in a few days! I'm so excited and I'll be sure to send you an owl as soon as it's born! We didn't want to find out if it was a boy or girl before so it's going to be a great suprise! We're still thinking of names, neither of us can decided! Don't suppose you have any brilliant ideas!
Yes I did hear about that! Terrible isn't it! Me and your dad were talking about your safety there the other day, but hes still undecided! But I'm guessing hes going to send a letter to you soon so... all will be revealed!
Al my love James
James sealed the letter and sent it off, making sure the owl was fully feed, watered and rested before its long journey back to new zealand.

Harri had recieved the letter from her Uncle earlier on and now as she walked up to the owlery she re-read it. Looking even at the way James wrote, for some strange reason lately she was feeling a little homesick. Hearing about her new baby cousin who was literally days from being born made her miss home so much. Though as she re-read the letter her heart rate increased, her dad was thinking about what to do with her? However homesick she was she didn't want to leave school. She loved it here and she knew if she did go home she would regret it immedietly. She hadn't recieved a replie from him, but that was probably because he was busy. She hadn't recieved a replie from Tommy yet either so surely that was nothing to worry about?
Dear James,
you better send me an owl straight away! I want to be the first to know!Hmm nope! I'm all out of brilliant ideas! I'm sure you and Amy will figure something out!
James now you've got me worried! He hasn't replied to my letter! He can't seriously be expecting me to leave here? We spoke to Prof. King and we seriously are safe here!
Tell dad I want to stay!
Love Harri
She attatched the letter to an owl and sent it off, anxiously awaiting the replie.

James recieved Harri's letter and smiled, tucking it in his pocket to replie later he wondered back to the other room. Where he found his wife looking not well at all.
The next part was a blur of doctors and nurses in a muggle hospital, and the next thing he knew he had a son, and he was the happiest he had ever been.
The next day he managed to tear his attention away to send a letter to his brother and Harri.
Dear Harri,
Your new cousins here! He's absoloutely lovely and I know your going to love him! We called him Luke, got to get back to him now!
All our love
James, Amy and Luke
He sent it quickly and hurried back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back