Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Graysexual
Wand
Curly 8 1/2 Inch Sturdy Alder Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
The Hufflepuff Third Year invited his best friend Dittany Belrose up to the towers to spend some time with him. He waited with some tarot cards in his hand, sitting down on a blanket that his parents got for him. He got the tarot cards after asking his dad for them, and his dad sent him an owl, without asking why. Oceanus did not care for Divination, and just thought that the class was something to sleep through and not take seriously. Turns out, he was right. He waited for Dittany to get in here so that they could do some false looking readings. There was no way cards could tell the future after all. He placed the cards into three different decks and heard footsteps. He looked up to see his friend, before he motioned toward the blanket for her to sit down on. He gave her a small smile, before looking down at the cards. "They say the cards can predict the future. Ridiculous. What do you think?" There was no way that cards could tell them the future, or how the present was going. It seemed impossible. Magic barely made sense, and that much he rolled with it.

No matter how busy Dittany was, no matter how sick or tired she felt, and no matter what the consequence, she would never have turned down the opportunity to hang out with Oceanus. She didn't make it quite so obvious - she didn't want Oceanus to think she was clingy or annoying - but it was easy enough to feign indifference by turning up wherever he asked her a few minutes late. Reaching the tower, she paused outside the door, counting three agonisingly slow minutes in her head. Then she pushed open the door, greeting her friend with a bored smile and approaching his blanket. She raised an eyebrow. Tarot cards? Despite not yet having taken Divination, Dittany didn't put much faith into it, and she was glad that Oceanus didn't seem to either. But she wasn't going to admit that; what if he thought she was agreeing with him just to please him? She sat down, tucking her legs beneath her. "Don't you think so?" she asked. "I 'ave never tried them before. Maybe we should have a go. Then we decide."

Oceanus shook his head, "The only predictions of the future I trust would be from the Seers themselves. Cards can't possibly say anything." He shuffled the cards together and redid the three stacks. "I think th three stacks tell the past, present and the future. Let's try you and see what we get." Oceanus tapped the cards, wondering if this was up to chance or if it really was magic. He doubted it either way. The cards were random. That was simple. Endless combinations and one of them could not possibly mean much. He flipped over the past, present and future card on top, before looking to her. "I might be able to translate the cards. I just need my list." Oceanus dug into his bag, getting out his notes to see if he could interpret.

Dittany caught herself starting to nod, and stopped. She completely agreed that only a Seer could be trusted to predict the future with any accuracy, but she still wanted to see what the cards were going to say. The Gryffindor touched each card as Oceanus flipped it over: the 10 of Swords, past; the Queen of Pentacles, present; and the Chariot, future. They were meaningless to Dittany without Oceanus's translation, so she waited patiently while he looked for his list, enjoying the artwork on the cards. "The thing is," she said, "you could give me any three cards and they will make sense if I think about it hard enough. I think that is how tarot cards work. It is a trick because they are so vague."

Oceanus took out his notes, and looked over the tarot card meaning. "So, your past has terrible misfortune. I wouldn't know much about that, unless you have told me and I forgot. Your present makes you nurturing, trustworthy, all sorts of positive stuff. And future has something to do with strong will and victory. I guess that is good." Oceanus looked up at Dittany, and took the cards, starting to shuffle them. "I think that is right with any and all of the tarot cards, or divination in general. The only good thing that can come from it is if you have that mind eye and become a seer, to see the future."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back