wolf research

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda walked sheepishly into the library and looked about her, many students had their heads down and were really cracking into some serious study time. Andy couldn't concentrate, she had one thing on her mind and she needed to know everything she possibly could about it all.

She smiled as she passed the librarian and headed up through the herbology books, passed the potions books and on towards the section on magical creatures.
She stopped and looked guiltily about her first, making sure no-one was watching her go down this section.

She slowly walked down and looked up and down the shelves. There seemed to be just about every book imaginable but the one she wanted. She bit her lip ready to give up when a small book on the third shelf caught her eye. She pulled it out and sat down in the aisle with her back to the other shelf.

Andromeda looked up and down once more before opening the book...
Were-wolves, also known as lycanthropes, are mythologic humans with the ability to shapeshift into a wolf or wolflike creature, either purposely, by eating Henbane, being bitten by a werewolf or after being placed under a curse.
werewolves are immune to ageing ....  and most physical diseases thanks to the constant regeneration of their physical tissue.... 

Andromeda read on and on, until she came to a page with a picture on it and became instantly mesmerised. It was like seeing the creature all over again..

lycanbis2ygwq6.jpg

'Andy!'Ginny whispered surprised as she saw Andy sitting reading a book. She was in an ailse where creatures were and divination stuff was. Ginny replaced a book she had been reading on omens back and knelt next to Andy. 'What you doing looking up this ailse then?'she asked curiously.

Andy jumped a little in surprise, she had been so engrossed that she hadn't heard or smelt anything - so much for 'wolfy' senses she mused. She closed the book hurriedly and smiled at Ginny.
"Thought I'd take a break from studying so decided on some light reading", she smiled, it was plausible.

Cyndi needed to do some research for her DATDA class and decided to look for a book in the library. As she was walking, she heard two girls talking and saw that one of the girls was Andy. She walked toward them since the information she needed was in the aisle they were in anyway. "Hi Andy" Cyndi said to her fellow Gryffindor. She smiled and said hi to the other girl as well, although she did not know her name. " Does Professor King already have you guys doing essays on dark creatures?" Cyndi asked as she scanned the shelves for the book she needed.

Andy looked up and smiled at Cyndi, she was one of their prefects and Andy thought she was really cool.

"Nope... just eh... light reading" she smiled this lying business was really hard work, she thought, "I'm exhausted from real study".

At least that much was true she told herself.

"What about you? Do you have an essay on the wierd and wonderful?"

Cyndi looked at Andy and said "Are you sure it's light reading? That book looks like it weighs a ton." Cyndi continued to scan the shelves. "I'm looking for a book on..." Cyndi paused as she pulled a book from the shelves,"this." Cyndi held up a book on the unforgiveable curses. "We're learning about them in class and I thought I'd do some reading on them. So, enjoying your book?"

"Compared to the book you're holding I think I do prefer mine" she grinned not completely sure if that was true. She was interested in the unforgiveables from a purely theoretical point of view but she really did have to research the beast within as it were.

"It's interesting enough. I'll probably move onto nargles next though. A friend of mine had an encounter apparantly".

ginny had noticed the page Andy was on before she closed the book. Werewolfs?why would she want info on werewolfs?Ginny thought as she grinned at Cyndi who had joined them.
'Nargles?'Ginny asked surprised on what they were. 'What are they?'

Andy laughed, "Do you know I'm not quite sure, Brian says that they look like fat worms with lots of teeth and one eye. But I think I'll look them up to be on the safe side. Magical creatures fascinate me!"

Andy smiled at both of them because this fact was at least very true.

'and are you planing on becoming one?'Ginny asked jokingly.

Zazuka had been waiting for days to ask Andy why she had dissapered Holloween night. That night Zazuka had had a feeling like she was being torn and she some how knew it was connected to Andy. Finally she took a deep breath and walked in. "Andy can I talk to you alone for a moment?" Zazuka asked meekly fiddling with her fingers.

"Ehm... sure" Andy looked at the two girls as she stood up and smiled with a slight shrug, "study partner she never lets up. I'll see you later Cyndi. Ginny will catch you on the pitch no doubt" she smiled then turning to Zuka she frowned playfully and walking with her to another aisle she whispered;

"That was kind of rude Z. Are you ok? What have I done now?" Andy was trying to remember if she had done anything out of the way, other than realise she had feelings for Brian which she quickly squashed and which really didn't matter anymore as he thought of her as his sister. Nope, she couldn't figure out what was wrong.

'Sure Andy,'Ginny said picking a book on curses and one on werewolves before walking out the library again.

Zazuka closed her eyes and summned up all her curage to ask something that she may already know about. Zazuka desided to start with the lines writen in one of her housemate's hand. Something Zazuka had said in her sleep. "Do you have any idea what this could mean?" She asked handing her the piece of patchment with

Beware the darkness of the woods
For the wolf is not looking for riding hoods
A freckle faced girl will go in with her life bright
and come out with a codition not ment for the meek.

printed on it. Zazuka didn't remember saying it but it what Kailey said had come out of her mouth. And Zazuka had been in tears. "If you don't that's ok but I wanted to ask you about it. After I woke up I though about you imedetly." She said quicly as if it would lessen the blow or would make her less up set with her.[/color]

Andy listened then took the piece of paper in her hand and read it. She steadied herself, willed her hand not to shake. It didn't. She felt her heart beat quicken though and realising what time it was swore quietly. She had to get to the hospital wing and fast.

"No Z, I haven't a clue", she handed the piece of paper back to her friend and looking at her wished she could tell her but knew it was for Zuka's safety and her own that she couldn't.

"Z, I'm really sorry. I don't mean to cut you off but I have to run. We can chat again later yeah. That's a nice poem though" Andromeda smiled at her friend then gathered her satchel and smiling apologised again.
"I really have to run", Andy turned and all but fled from the library nearly knocking down another student in her hurry to get out.

Zazuka nodded then bit her lip. She was pondering the possablility of loseing a friend because of this. "I'm sorry Andy." She said to herself as she stuffed the parchment in her pocket then looked at the rows of books. She stayed for a minute then walked downstares. Zazuka wished with all her heart for it to rain.

Kailey had been walking into the library to get some information for a transfiguration assignment when she was almost knocked over by Andy. "What the hell?" she said under her breath. Andy seemed to be in a hurry to get out of there. She saw Zazuka in the direction Andy was running from and a piece of parchment in her hand. She thought that Zazuka might have shown Andy but shrugged it off as a coincidence. She found the book she was looking for and read the passage that gave her her information and walked back to the common room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back