Will you go to the Yule Ball with me...

Kale Thomas

OOC First Name
Oleg
Kale walked out of the Slytherin house area, outside of the dugeons. He attatched a note to the door knob with an extremely long string leading to the lake. ((Which she wouldn't know where it led until later.)) The note read...:
Sabriel Nix-
Follow this string to see where it takes you. :)
Love, Kale Thomas

Kale walked quickly down to the lakefront where he hoped to summon Sabriel to. With butterflies in his stomach, he began to feel extremely jittery and nervous. He had never asked a girl to anything before.. It was a colder and more windy evening than usual, the cold weather reminded him of what it was like back home in Ireland.

The string that followed down to the lake had a note about every 15 feet, one word at a time:
"Just"....."stringing"...."you"..... "along".... "You're".... "almost"...."there".... "A"..."couple"...."more"..."feet"...

Kale held the end of the string in his hand. Wearing a shirt that questioned, "Will you go to the Yule Ball with me??" and a smile on his face.

All he could do is wait.

Sabriel had been walking back to the Slytherin Common Room from class when she saw a note and string tacked to the door. She was curious at what it could be, and when she read the note and discovered that it was meant for her she was shocked. From Kale, she thought to herself, What could this be about?

Sabriel looked tentatively at the string which lead from the door, through the dungeon, and somewhere unknown to her at this time. Intrigued, she did what the directions said and began to follow the string. After a couple of twists and turns throughout the castle, she was finally lead outside. She walked down the stairs, and looked in the direction of the string. It seemed to be leading toward the Lakefront, but she couldn't be certain.

Sabriel began to get very excited the further she went, not sure of what was in store for her. As she looked down at the rope, she saw another note. It had a single word on it: Just. Slightly confused, she knelt down to the grass and carefully pulled the note from the rope. She walked a few more feet and found another note. Again with just one word: stringing. She again knelt down and removed the note from the rope. Sabriel did this again several times until all of the notes together said, "Just stringing you along. You're almost there. A couple more..." At this point Sabriel had only been looking down at the rope to pick up all of the letters. When she reached the last note, she picked it up and read: feet.

Noticing that the rope rose upward from where she was standing, Sabriel stood up and saw Kale standing in front of her. He was standing there with a smile on his face. She started to say, "What is this all abou...," when she noticed Kale's shirt. She couldn't believe that he had planned all of this out, and for a minute stood dumbfounded with a big smile on her face.

Kale stood more nervous when he saw Sabriel appear to be walking up the hill to the lakefront. I bet she is going to think this idea is so dumb!.. he thought for a moment, but he couldn't help but smile when he saw her in the distance fetching all of the notes and following the string to him.

As Sabriel got down to retrive the last note, he smiled widely and let out a laugh. When she looked up at him, Kale looked down at his shirt at pointed at it..."Sooo what do you say?" he asked with a sweet smile while putting his hand out to help her up.

Kale stood rocking side to side extremely nervous on what she would say. He knew that she would most likely say yes for their a "couple", but the thought of her saying no and him being rejected was always at the back of his head.

Sabriel took Kale's hand as he helped her stand up. "Well...," she started and then with a huge smile continued, "Of course I'll go with you!" With that she flung her arms around him in a tight embrace. She was so happy at this moment. Kale's idea had been so cute, and though she thought that they would be going to the Ball together, she had never expected any "plan".

Kale smiled even bigger when Sabriel said yes. He couldn't believe that his little plan was so sucessful and it made him so happy that he actually got to do something special for her. When Sabriel flung at Kale and wrapped her arms around him he smiled and returned the warm embrace, picking her up off the ground a couple of inches. He set her down gently after a few seconds and let out a laugh of relief, "Great!" he said with a smile, while slowly grabbing her hand.

Kale had picked her up during their hug, and when he set her down she squeezed his hand. "This was such a cute idea," she said to him. "Where did you come up with the idea," she continued holding up all of the notes that she had collected on her way.

"I'm happy you liked the idea" he said with a smile and continued "It kind of just came to me one day!"

Kale looked down at the string, "That was a lot of string wasn't it?!" he asked with a laugh. Drawing his attention to Sabriel he couldn't help but smile whenever she was in his presence...it was an uncontrollable thing. Kale decided to sit on the ground by the lake, hoping Sabriel would join him. "Well...I'm really happy that you said yes." he smiled almost blushing.

Sitting down on the cool grass next to Kale, Sabriel looked at him and said, "Did you think that I would say no?" She smiled as he blushed. She always felt so happy around him even if she was having a bad day. Seeing the end of the string laying next to her, she picked in up in her left hand and asked with a slight laugh, "Where did you get all of this string?"

"I had my doubts.." he said looking down at the green grass, Kale picked at it with his free hand. "Let's just say...I overpacked before coming to Hogwarts!" he let out a laugh "You never know when you need something.." he smiled and looked at Sabriel. Kale was still extremely excited about her saying yes and showed it greatly.

"So...how extreme do you think Manteia is going to punish us at tonights meeting?" he asked with a mischevious smile on the borderline of laughing

Sabriel laughed with Kale. Then a slight frown formed on her face at the thought of Manteia's punishment. "I'm not sure," she answered him. She really didn't know what "wet blanket" had planned for them, and she wasn't looking forward to it.

Sabriel leaned forward against her knees, her left arm wrapped around her legs and her right running over the blades of grass. Every now and then she picked a few blades from the ground, and when she looked up to Kale giving him a smile, a piece of her long brown hair fell in front of her face.

"Whatever it is...it's not going to be an enjoyable punishment, we already know that..." Letting out a sigh, Kale picked at the grass and made a little pile in front of him.

Don't do the crime if you can't pay the time.. was a statement that his mother would always use. And it echoed in his head...this was the perfect statement for their situation. It reminded him of back home when he would get it trouble at school for dumb things he decided to do during the day. Kale thought for a moment and realized that he had never really talked with Sabriel about eachothers family life back home and their backgrounds.

"So Sabriel," he smiled "We've never really talked about back home...what's your family life like? Do you have any siblings?" he asked interested in learning a few things about her

As Sabriel brushed the fallen hair behind her ear, she nodded in agreement to Kale's statement about their punishment. She gave a little laugh looking at the pile of grass in front of Kale.

When he asked her about her family she was caught by surprise. With a sort of dumbfounded look, Sabriel didn't know exactly what to say to him. She hadn't really talked to anyone about her family because a big part of it she was supposed to keep secret.

Trying to think of something to say she started, "Well, my mother's name is Lireal and my father's name is Garth." She paused for a bit and then continued, "I was an only child until my mother and father divorced and my father remarried a witch named Ti'anna. I now have two step-sisters, one goes here, River Tamn and her younger sister Kady."

Sabriel was quite uncomfortable talking about her family, but she did everything that she could not to show it. "How about your family? Do you have any siblings," she asked glad to move the topic to Kale.

"River is your step sister?" he asked a bit surprised, he'd seen River around school grounds every so often and she popped into Flourish and Blotts once or twice. "I would have never guessed he said with a smile.

Kale thought for a moment and stopped picking at the grass and adding to the pile. He took a deep breath before speaking, "Well...I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers. Chrissy, Mindy, Morgan, Vicky, Stephen and Tarren. All of them attend Hogwarts in England. I live with my mother and her name is Nancy...." Kale stopped a moment and thought, then continued, "My fathers name was Darren. He died when I was 8." Kale looked down a moment and thought about what he had said. Family meant a lot to him and thinking about it at times made him home sick...but he'd been getting used to it.

"Yeah, River's my step-sister," she answered a little later. "We don't really talk though." At this she thought of their encounter in the Three Broomsticks earlier in the year. She wasn't really sure what to think about River. Then again she wasn't really sure what to think about much anymore other than Kale. He seemed like the only person that she could trust. She thought that she could trust her parents, but she wasn't sure anymore.

"Wow, you have a lot of brothers and sisters," she commented. Sabriel could hardly fathom that many people in her family.

Sabriel wanted to say, I'm sorry to hear that, but she always thought that response was kind of weird. So, instead she grabbed his hand, squeezed it and gave him a comforting smile hoping that the message would get across.

"Yeah, there is a lot of them. Theres never a dull momet in the Thomas' house." he smiled and approached the River topic once more "Do you two just not get along...or is there more to it?" Kale asked, he knew that if any of his siblings attended Hogwarts he would take advantage of it so he thought it was a bit strange, even though they were only step sisters.

When Sabriel grabbed a hold of his hand for comfort, he gave her a smile & squeezed it back. He kissed her hand and let a small laugh slip out. "He was a great guy, definately someone I would like to grow up to be like...he was amazing." Kale said, hoping to soon drop the subject.

((sorry I haven't replied in awhile it's been really hectic lately...I'm going to finish all of my exams and then I'll get back to this...promise ;-) ))

((Oh, no worries...I've been too busy with school (RL) to even worry about exams on HNZ. :[
Take your time! :D ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back