Where Am I?

Geoff Randon

OOC First Name
Tim
Wand
Knotted 11 Inch Sturdy Yew Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
There was a storm; lightning crashed about. He was standing outside of his first home in Russia. The thunder boomed and the lightning struck near him just seconds later. Frozen, he couldn't move. The thunder boomed once more and lightning crashed even closer. Then another boom, and another. A serious of thunder claps boomed as a series of lightning strikes neared him. Boom. Suddenly, Geoff burst awake in a cold sweat laying in a very uncomfortable bed. He was shaking and trembling. "Where am I?" He thought to himself. He scanned the room to notice one other laying in a bed across from his. He was dazed and confused. A sort of amnesia was taking place in his thoughts. His memory bounced to the cliffs then went dark. His thoughts were clouded and he had the worst headache imaginable. "Where's my brothers, and my parents?" He asked aloud, but barely audible. Geoff had forgotten his arrival at Hogwarts and his situation at the cliffs. Or at least bits and pieces.
Presently he laid back down in his foreign bed to collect the thoughts that continued to leave his mind. He recalled his dream that he woke up from. A thunderstorm of decent size in his hometown of Yekaterinburg, Russia. Outside of his house, all he could remember was being frozen from fear. "Why can't I remember who I am?" He asked in the same tone. Images of his brothers shot into his mind. In addition, Geoff's parents. Specifically, his mother's words of calling his name, 'Geoff Kirkus Randon!' "Geoff! My name is Geoff." He said louder, this time. It all began to come back to him. The cliffs, his fall, Silus, Lyra, Felix. He must have been transferred to the hospital wing. Geoff looked around once more and noticed all the beds again. He wondered where he should go from here.

Silus wasn't the least bit pleased with his current situation. He hated the hostility that he felt in hospitals, and the one at school was no different. He sighed. On top of that, in the whole wing, he'd been placed on the bed directly across from the idiot he now knew as, Geoff. At least he was unconscious. That gave Silus a well deserved break from the Gryffindor's constantly running mouth.

He supposed he should use this moment to try an attempt at resting before anymore trouble ensued. Dear, God. He thought, groaning as the boy was now awake and rambling nonsense about his name and such. He rammed himself in the face with the pillow that was there and growled. WHY??? He felt like throwing a tantrum. This day was getting better and better. He ashamedly hoped that Lyra would be in shortly to visit him. That would dramatically improve the scenery, the hospital wing wasn't homey whatsoever. He raised his head slightly to see the Gryffindor. "Do you ever shut your mouth?" He sincerely hoped we wouldn't be there for long.

All of his thoughts were becoming collected. Although still dazed, his mind began to focus and he was able to calm down. Heart beating fast, Geoff sat against the head of his bed. As he did that a familiar voice echoed through the room. Curiously, it came from the bed opposite of him. It was Silus! The race flashed through his mind in addition to his fall. Geoff disregarded his seemingly harsh words. "Are we in trouble, Silus?" He asked. "Some staff member came, but I don't remember anything after that. I think I fainted." Geoff continued. "Why are you here? Did you fall too?" He asked.
So many questions flashed through as anxiety ensued. He didn't want to get in trouble within the first week, but at the same time it was comforting to know there were other students involved. Perhaps the school was laid back, and maybe he wouldn't face much trouble.

Silus sat up and crossed his arms, so he could look at Geoff while he spoke -- he had this pet peeve where he found it creepy to talk to others when they weren't visible. He contemplated not replying to stir the boy up, but Geoff had taken a nasty fall, and even Silus wasn't that mean.
Were they in trouble? Ha! He thought with a roll of his eyes.
"Yes, I imagine we're in a good bit of trouble. I wasn't listening most of the time, but the staff weren't pleased." Silus chuckled when Geoff asked if he had fallen as well. "Thankfully, no. I did not take a wild spill like yourself, but I did manage to scrape the majority of skin on my legs off on the returne trip. Silus winced slightly as he experimentally moved one leg. Truthfully, Silus didn't care whether he got in trouble or not. Nothing they could dish out here as a punishment would be half as bad than his life back at "home". He scowled. Of, course he supposed they could expell him, but he hadn't given them a good enough reason to.

"Are you okay?" Geoff asked immediately, but calmly. He felt the aura of spite coming from Silus. It was induced greater as he saw Silus scowl. "What's up?" He asked. Geoff felt as thought Silus would eventually make a good friend. Perhaps someone he could continuously compete with in order to grow stronger. His brother taught him to hold your friends close but your enemies closer. 'Maybe because they turn out to be the truest of friends' Geoff thought. He remembered how his brother would often taunt him, and tease him. Occasionally scowl at him and make Geoff cry. Silus, admitting was beginning to remind Geoff of his eldest brother. He tried desperately to see through the spite Silus gave him. Perhaps he could talk his way into Silus's thoughts.

Silus felt like rolling his eyes again after Geoff had asked if he was okay. He did once he continued to peg at him by asking what was up. It was meant sincerely, and Silus withheld a snarky comment and shifted in his bed. "Yes." He said a bit more calmly than usual. He stared at Geoff, regarding him for a time without the urge to throttle him. And even though he didn't answer the second question, that one word was as if he had. The moment, passed as soon as it had come, and Silus was back to his broody self. "I'm sure we've been here for at least an hour and a half, and no one has brought me any d**n food." He groaned and hit the wooden table beside him with a loud "Whack!" "Lousy staff..." He grumbled. "Anyways, you think Lyra's gonna visit us?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

Geoff had never swore in his life. His brother swore often and mum hated it. For some reason the words sent shivers of disrespect down her spine. It was odd for a Russian family to dislike swearing. It seemed so common with everybody. His brother definitely picked up on that. I guess his mother and father held a higher respect for vocabulary. Geoff saw them as words simply used in certain situations that seem necessary. Although, he still hadn't ever thought of swearing, yet hearing Silus say d*mn made him want to.
"Now that you mention it, I am pretty hungry. Do they even have nurses? Can we just leave?" Geoff asked. He hadn't even thought about Lyra, who he realized was there at the tree. The memory of his fall suddenly embarrassed him. He was usually such a good climber, however to keep up with Silus he simply extorted too much energy. "What if she has other things to do? Or are you two dating?" Geoff asked smirking.

Silus heaved a great sigh. "You know, I'm sick of waiting and I can walk fine. What about you? Silus was amused that the Gryffindor was already thinking of walking off. That was supposed to be him. Perhaps he wasn't as annoying as Silus had once thought. No, scratch that. He thought as the boy asked if he was dating Lyra. He was taken aback by the smirk on his face. Again, that was supposed to be his thing.

He sent him a playful glare. Enough running away from his feelings. Time to come to terms with reality. "In future." He said, his voice boasting surety and confidence. Though truthfully, he knew he'd be lucky if he got to take her out with him once.

Indeed he was only messing around with Silus when he asked about him and Lyra. However, Silus's confident response fancied Geoff. "I feel fine too. A little woozy, but nothing getting out of this place won't fix. Even still, shouldn't we wait for somebody to check us out?" He asked. "I mean, what if we get in additional trouble. What if we're already in trouble and we still need to receive the consequences?" He continued. Geoff quickly became anxious and felt the need to stay.

Silus couldn't help but chuckle when Geoff started having doubts about leaving the hospital wing. He rolled his eyes. "Honestly, don't you think our injuries are punishment enough? And if we do run into trouble, it won't be our last. Besides, nobody said we couldn't leave, did they now?"

The boy's stomach growled loudly, and Silus took that as his que to rip out of the suppressing room. He swiftly shoved his sheets off, and swung his legs to the side of the bed. He wrinkled his nose at the state of his jeans. They were still soaked in blood. But he had a freaking robe. No need for pants when no one would see. And so he pulled on his robes and walked slowly towards Geoff. "They might suck at interior design, but my legs feel pretty good." He crossed his arms and stared at Geoff, daring him to get up.

Geoff looked up to Silus as he rose from his bed and dared him to get up. For a moment, Geoff hesitated. He suddenly felt a little nauseous. He quickly decided to hold the nausea down and accept the dare. He arose from his bed slowly, his back still aching from the branches he hit on the way down from the tree. He stood completely, looked Silus in the eyes and said, "There, that wasn't so hard." Instantly he felt his head rush and get heavy. Perhaps he had arose from the bed too fast, although it seemed like he got up pretty slow. Geoff stumbled to his left, but caught himself. He supported his weight using the wall next to him. "Whew, I guess I overestimated my current strength." He said blankly.

Silus looked at the Gryffindor with a blank face as he made a pathetic attempt at walking, and then promptly stumbled. The boy was relying on the wall to prop him up. This would not do. Sighing, Silus leant an arm out to Geoff to hold grip. Apparently so, you idiot. Silus thought smirking as Geoff said he might have overestimated his strength. "Can you manage or must I lug you out along with my own weight?"

Geoff was taken back by Silus's slight concern for him. It made him laugh inside and he wondered if maybe later on Silus would beat him up. It definitely wouldn't surprise him. Geoff did ask a lot of questions. "I can manage, I just got up to fast." Geoff chuckled. "I really can't wait to start classes. I want to learn as many things as possible." He continued. Geoff wanted to strive to become one of the most well-rounded wizards. He wanted to make his family proud.

Silus snorted and dropped his arm back to his side, puzzled by Geoff's comments on classes and schoolwork. As far as Silus was concerned, none of that really mattered. "Good for you, then. I honestly don't give a s**t about classes or learning. As long as I don't... He stopped himself before he said too much. Whipping around, he made a brisk walk for the doors, creaking one open experimentally, and peering around. He scanned as best as he good, and when he was satisfied that they wouldn't run in to anyone immediently, he shoved one of the doors open and beckoned for Geoff to follow.

Silus felt as though the air was somewhat fresher once he'd stuck his head out. He was still surrounded by the dark stone walls, but the gloom the Hospital Wing had held over him was no more. What now? Would they split and head back to their common rooms, or what? "Okay, what do you have in mind?"

Sloane was heading back to the Hospital Wing. She'd needed to sort a couple of things out before she was able to do anything further and she mumbled to herself angrily as she did so. That was until she came around the corner and saw both boys from the Cliffs stumbling about. Sloane glared at them and immediately pointed back in the direction of the Hospital Wing. "Where on Earth do you suppose you're going?" She asked, heading back into the Hospital Wing and grabbing both boy's arms as she did so. "Neither of you are going anywhere until I say so. Get back inside. Now." She was extremely disappointed. How stupid were these two?

Geoff thought about Silus's question. He was really tired, and wanted to turn in for the day, but he wanted to go on an adventure. He felt better already, however did seem to underestimate what he felt. "Perhaps we can go explore the castle. What if they all somehow automatically know about us breaking the rules though?" Geoff asked nervously.
Geoff and Silus were standing there, about to decide on their next paths'. Suddenly, a professor burst around the corner, spotting the two boys. "Where on Earth do you suppose you're going?" The professor asked as she took the boys' arms. Geoff had froze like a deer in headlights. Was this the professor who he had saw before he fainted? He looked to Silus. Geoff wished he could read what his thoughts were. Maybe they could ditch her and make their way out of there. Or maybe that was stupid.
"Yes ma'am." Geoff replied blankly.

Sloane shook her head. She was really getting sick of all the detention slips she was having to write. "I'm glad you didn't die, but I had a discussion with both of your heads of houses and they have agreed to the punishments I have decided on." She told them, staring at them both, annoyance and anger evident in her expression. Clearly neither of them were talking, and it didn't matter much anyway as she had gather a lot of her own information from observation and the incoherent ramblings of a distraught couple of first years. "I don't care which of you challenged the other to climb that tree, but I am taking twenty points each from you. Ten for being at the cliffs in the first place, which is out of bounds by the way and another ten for thinking you could climb a tree and get away with it." She said, shaking her head. "I'm also making sure that the both of you remain here until both I and the Nurse are satisfied that you are fully recovered and can be trusted not to do something this stupid again." She looked at them both in turn. "Am I clear?" She doubted there was much point giving them a detention as she didn't really want to head it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back