When?

Charlie Linus

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Charlie hadnt been here before. It made him wonder why. It was peaceful and there werent too many people around to disturb him. The lake was gentle and there was a tree in which Charlie could sit under and simply relax in the calm heat of the Spring day.

He had just been in the common after flying lessons. Seriously, FLYING LESSONS?! What kind of person flys on a broom. Wizards obviously. Charlie closed his eyes, one thought going through his brain was, when he was going to accept the fact that he was a wizard, whether he liked it or not.

It was a beautiful Spring day. Lisa decided to go down to the Lakefront to read, seeing as there were plenty of trees that could provide apt shade. The one time that Lisa couldn't read was in the sun; it hurt her eyes.

Lisa hummed to herself, completely unaware that a boy was sitting on the opposite side of the tree to her. The pages of the book rustled as she turned them.

Charlie snapped his eyes open. He hadnt been aware he had shut them. There was what sounded like a girl humming and turning pages rather loudly. It was disrupting Charlies peace. He shut his eyes again, trying to ignore it, but he just couldnt sit in peace anymore.

Charlie stood up and walked around to the other side of the tree where sure enough a girl was sitting reading a book. He leaned against the trunk of the tree and looked down at her. "Why, hello." He said sarcastically, raising an eyebrow with an equally sarcastic smirk on his face.

Lisa glanced up as she heard movement somewhere near her. A boy was standing above her, a sarcastic smirk on his face. She ignored him for a moment, at least, until he spoke.

"Why, hello."

Lisa raised one eyebrow skeptically. She had to reply; she had the feeling that this guy would refuse to leave her alone until she did. "Hi..." she said slowly, her London accent highly pronounced.

Charlie waited for a moment until the girl spoke. He recognised her voice as one from England. It almost gave him a reason to not say what he was about to say next, but he instead spoke with his own strong English accent. "Would you mind being a little quieter, some of us are trying to relax." He said, knowing he sounded a little rude.

Lisa shrugged, realising that he had heard her humming. She bit back a cool retort; after all, it was a free country. He could move away if he didn't like it. Instead she said, "Yeah, fine" and continued reading, making it clear that she would prefer to be left alone. She doubted that he would, though.

Charlie was slowly becoming annoyed with her simple answers. He couldnt sit back down now, he felt as though he had accomplished nothing. Instead of sitting back down he stayed where he was, her eyebrows knotted together looking at the girl. "Well now that you have disrupted my peace... Your a first year arent you?" He asked.

Lisa sighed and snapped her book shut, looking up at the boy with slight distaste. "Yes, I'm a first year," she said slowly; she presumed it was her height that made this obvious, though he had never seen her standing upright. "What's it to you?" she asked cooly.

Charlie narrowed his eyes at the girls behaviour. "Curious." He said folding his arms and then continuing to lean on the tree. Charlie knew he was quite short, but he knew how to make himself appear taller. "Dont get snappy with me, your the one that interupted my peace and quiet." He said with annoyance. If the girl was going to be rude, then Charlie was ready to return to favour.

"Who said I was being snappy?" Lisa said, getting a little annoyed now, but refused point-blank to show it. Why won't he leave me alone? she thought to herself. "If anything, you're the one who's snapping at me." She huffed and acted as if she was cheesed off.

"I say your being snappy." Charlie counted. Her comment made Charlie roll his eyes. "Duh, I was trying to relax and you started humming." He crossed his arms and tried to remain calm. Wow, was he really about to make an enemy this far into school?

"Well excuuuse me," Lisa scoffed and rolled her eyes, grinning to herself; antagonising this guy was too easy. "Obviously, if you say I'm snapping, then I have to be snapping, don't I?" She looked at him, now grinning. "Don't tell me you thought I was being serious."

Charlie rolled his eyes, hating how short his temper was. He turned his head. "I dont even know why Im talking to you." He said, through slightly gritted teeth. Brat. He thought.

Lisa's smile lingered on her face for a few moments. "Then why don't you...scuttle off?" She said, standing up, eyebrow raised. This guy was annoying, and if he didn't go away, then she would.

"Your know what." He narrowed his eyes and got closer to the girl. "Im going to do just that." He turned and began storming back to the castle. Stupid ignorant girl. People wondered why he didnt get involved with girls. They were just too frustrating! He had been there first, so he shouldnt have to leave, but he didnt feel like dealing with this brat any longer.

Lisa waved as the boy left, smirking for the moment. No doubt the two would run into each other again; she had enjoyed antagonising him. Whoa there, she thought to herself, You don't want to be an enemy of everyone you come across, do you? After a moment's thought, she walked up to the castle too; the sun had gone in, and she was getting cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back