When shifters collide

Kailey Harrington

OOC First Name
Kelsey
Wand
12 1/2" Firm Fir Wand with the essence of Dragon Heartstring
Kailey had no clue why she had chosen to make herself appear to be so short. Being 5'11 this 4'10 stature she was currently at was surreal. But after changing all of the other features of herself for an anonymous stroll around the castle she felt that a tiny frame would go best with it and she thought she kind of looked like Twiggy. As a result her jeans were cuffed up who knew how many times and her long blonde braid reached her thighs. But you definitely wouldn't be able to tell it was Kailey as she walked over around the cliffs and sat under a nearby tree. Looking out at the vast landscape before her.

Alexandra was roaming outdoors, headed for the cliffs. She had never been there before, and she thought it would be a nice quiet spot to test out how well she could change herself into her new victim for her next prank. She never knew how amazing pranking someone felt, and she knew that it wouldn't last long. Pranking wasn't in her nature, and it wasn't in her personality either.

As she approached the cliffs, and Alex was sure there was no one else around, she pictured the girl she wanted to change to, dark brown hair, purple eyes, Slytherin, none other than Abbey Lurken. She headed to the edge, and looked out letting her familiar dark hair sway in the wind. This wasn't the weirdest transformation she's had, so it wasn't so strange.

Kailey had beenn drinking in another one of Hogwarts New Zealands amazing views when she heard the crunch of footsteps in the slightly dried up grass. Curious, she hopped up from her spot and followed the noise. She pulled the elastic out of her thick braid and shook out her hair which fell in plantium waves before poking her head out from behind the tree. Just in time to see a girl, From the looks of it just a year or two younger than Kailey look around before...

No, Kailey had to be imagining things. Changing right before her very eyes. Her jaw dropped as she stepped out from behind the tree. She shouldn't be so shocked, she could do it herself and did quite often. So of course there were others, but at HNZ? How had they not managed to run into each other earlier? Ahhh... She, or he must conceal their ability too... she thought.

Alexandra felt prying eyes on her. She was hesitant to turn around, not wanting there to be someone there looking at her. She had been caught so many times, there was almost no point in being a secretive metamorphmagus. She turned around, giving in to the curiosity. She saw a platinum blonde short girl, and she seemed as though she were younger than herself. "Can I help you with anything?" Alexandra said, trying to respond in the way she thought Abbey might.

Kaileys baby blue eyes widened as the girl turned around, only helping with the look of innocence as she started to speak, "I couldn't help but notice..." she started in a light airy voice different from her own. Her features started to contort and change in front of the girl. Shooting upwards as she grew from a small 4'10 stature to a much more normal feeling 5'8. Her cheekbones becoming more prominent, her face shifting from a soft heart shape to a slightly squared chin. Her appeared to shoot backwards into her skull as it shortened and darkened to a medium brown. She rolled the cuffs on her pants all the way down, they were a bit long but they would work. She had seemingly shot from an Eleven year old girl to a woman in her early Twenties in a matter of seconds. "That you're a Metamorphagus too." she ended, her voice startingly different. Her eyes a deep emerald.

Alexandra narrowed her eyes on the platinum blonde child, thinking that there was something up with her. Her jaw nearly dropped as she watched the girl change from a tiny blonde child, to a grown up woman with dark hair. Her height was completely different, and her voice too.
She's a-it's not possible! Alex thought to herself, trying to keep her physical composure in tact, trying to show that the change hadn't bothered her.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Alexandra said in a monotonous voice. She wasn't going to let one more person discover her secret, even if she, or he, was one too.

Kailey held back a chuckle as she watched the girls face flicker for a second before going blank. "I'm talking about the fact that you just completely changed your appearance and I see no wand or Polyjuice potion." she said before changing once again, She was right at the girls height and mirrored her as good as she could having only seen her for a few seconds. "Not much good hiding it from me, I don't even know if this." she gestured down to her body. "Is your original form or not. A good thing about the power, being anonymous is painfully easy." she said taking a few steps closer to the girl, her voice still that of the womans.

Alex narrowed her eyes, as the person opposite to her mirrored her current appearance, and gave a malicious smirk. She grew in height, feeling her skin, bones and muscles extend. Her hair turned a sandy blonde hair, and her eyes a hazel colour to match. She had turned into the school's headmistress. She looked down at the girl, with a kind, soft expression on her face, curious as to who she was going to change into next.

"You've caught me, now feel free to reveal yourself to your headmistress. Which of the metamorphmagai that attend this school are you?" Alex said, trying to sound cheerful, hoping that they will reveal their true self. It then struck her, that even if she did change into the true form, she wouldn't be able to keep up the headmistress act for long, because she didn't know the name of every single student in the school. Hopefully it would be someone she knew.

Kailey let out a soft chuckle and shook her head changing into the form of Lily Potter, one she could do perfectly. "No, I'm not Lily. But I just thought I should tell you where my powers layed dormant for years I wasn't registered as an infant. So when we did get me registered I got to see the list. Which as you would know due to the rarity of us is rather small. Cecily Rambolt was nowhere on it." This was part true, part bluff. She did get to see the list but only the first page of it. Which streched out through about 100 years. There were many many names and she didn't remember Cecilys being on there. Her memory was usually very good. "and Relax, I'm not trying to get you to tell me who you are. I keep mine secret too usually. This is of course, a major exception."

Darn, the list. I forgot about that! Am I even registered? Alex thought to herself, keeping the same warm smile on her face. She then changed her appearance to that of the school's head girl, Estrella Drage. "I see. You must have an exceptional memory if you can remember if a person is or isn't on the list." She said, sounding like her Ravenclaw friend. "Of course, I am not actually the Head Girl, but do you know her?" Alex asked, trying to piece things together wanting to know who this other metamorphmagus was.

Kailey shrugged, "It's not really that hard. They mean it when they say its rare. There has been an odd burst of it past the year 2000. But aside from that there were only about 10 or 12 from the 20th century." she explained before shifting again, into the Slytherin Seventh year Ford Harkonnen "I know Estrella, but everyone does really. She is head girl after all. I'm not actually Ford either." she said her voice sounding like she had heard his in the manor. "I think it'll be fun to take on sme guy forms in this outfit." she said motioning down to her lavender tank top with the grey jacket. Which looked absurd on Fords body along with the now too short jeans.

"Don't you think I know that?" Alex said in a rude tone, that sounded weird coming from Estrella's voice. It was slightly funny to see her own housemate wearing clothes too small, and she didn't need to fight hard to hold back the smile. The next form she took was of a student she had rarely seen, but only knew that she was a Prefect, and was in Ravenclaw. She didn't even know the girl's name. Alexandra had turned into the form of Kailey Paramore. Her height didn't change much, but she felt her face's features change, and become a little more narrow.

It was a bit of a risk taking on the form of someone she didn't know, but thought it was for the better so that the student opposite of her couldn't figure out who she was. She took a risk, and thought that she could throw her off by admitting to this form being her true form, even when it was far off. "I'm just tired of this. This is my true form." Alex said, sounding defeated. She was lucky that she had a natural talent for acting. It helped her create a new persona whenever she would be someone else, especially when she was younger.

Kailey held back the temptation to raise an eyebrow when the person shifted into another form, but not just any form. But a form Kailey was used to, because it was her own. Confusion masked her features, Did she know this person? "Ahhh..." she said "I never knew you were a metamorphagus Kailey. We're cousins you could have just told me. Then again I wasn't exactly being helpful was I?" she said with a laugh her voice different and relaxed as if she actually was her own cousin. "I guess it runs in the family right?" she said before changing into a shorter girl that appeared to be around twelve years of age. Her acting was really good and hopefully the girl wouldn't chance the bluff. But even if so, Kailey wasn't prying to find the girl out, merely keeping her own identity a mystery.

"Oh, really now. Why don't you do your real form for me, cousin." Alex said to the other girl, knowing that it was a bluff, but her form was up in flames, as well. At least I know the name of this girl, Kailey. No point in keeping this body now that she knows i'm not really Kailey. She thought to herself, crossing her arms. She rolled her eyes and changed forms to that of her sister. "I have better things to do with my time than play shapeshifters with some random person. We may meet again, but when I am not certain." Alex said in a stern tone, and it slightly surprised her when she heard her sisters voice again. It had been a while since hearing it, but she shook off the emotions that came along with the memories, and turned her back, walking away.

When she thought she was far enough, she changed to her normal voice, chills going down her spine when she felt her comforting blanket of hair reach past her shoulders. She slid behind the nearest tree, and turned around, needing to find out who the other metamorphmagus was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back