Closed When Life Gives You Lemons, Eat Ice Cream!

Amara Vayne

sugar and spice
OOC First Name
Kenzie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Amara once again found herself back in Obsidian Harbour, tagging along with her mother. The witch had needed to visit the apothecary, quill shop, and a few other places to stock up their new place. The outing was not the most exciting for Amara, but she'd managed to talk her mum into letting her have an ice cream break while the older woman went into the next shop. Not wanting to look pathetic eating ice cream alone, she'd spent money on two cones of the sweet treat. Keeping near the shop her mother had gone in, Amara ate off of one ice cream, and acted like she was holding the other ice cream for a friend.

Soon, the second treat began melting, running down the cone and over her fingers. In a bit of a panic at the mess she was making, Amara quickly looked about and stepped up to the next kid who walked by. "Happy Birthday!" she exclaimed with a big smile, holding out the slightly melted ice cream cone to the stranger. It was birthday cake flavour, after all, extra sprinkles and everything.

Charlie was wondering around idly, lost in thought over everything that had been happening in his life, when out of nowhere an ice cream cone was being shoved into his hands. He blinked rapidly, automatically taking it and looking at the girl who'd had it with surprise in his dark eyes. "I- um, you- I mean, I... think you have the wrong person," he told her slowly, standing still like a dummy and holding the melting treat. He could already feel the ice cream dripping onto his shoes.

Amara couldn't help but to bust into giggles at the confusion on the boy's face. At least he hadn't freaked out and thrown the cone back at her. "Nope! I have just the right person! The next person to walk by was getting the ice cream, and here you are!" The girl quickly licked at her own ice cream in an attempt to keep it from melting even more. She was making a mess, but it didn't really matter. Some things just tasted better the messier they were, like a hamburger or pizza with lots and lots of toppings!

"You better hurry and eat it before it melts everywhere! It's birthday cake flavour, which is why I wished you a happy birthday. I figured I had a one in three hundred and sixty-five chance to get it right!" Apparently luck was not with her that day. "Happy un-birthday!" She lifted her cone up in a toasting motion, then took a big bite of the delicious treat.

Charlie blinked. This girl was certainly... interesting. He listened to her, slowly taking a few small licks of the cone. It wasn't the greatest, but it was still ice cream. He smiled softly. "Happy un-birthday to you?" he returned a little uncertainly. He continued eating his ice cream, look at the girl. "What's your name?" he asked, eating his ice cream.

Amara grinned as the boy played along with her un-birthday celebrations. "Yup! It's my un-birthday, too! I have to wait until August for my real birthday." Amara couldn't help but to pout. It was so far away, and she didn't really know anyone in New Zealand, so the only people who would probably be invited would be her family. While she loved her family, it just wouldn't be the same. Maybe she could talk her mum into letting her go back to England for the day to celebrate with her friends.

"I'm--" Amara cut off her introduction and held a hand out in front of her as she dropped her head and scrunched her face. "Hold on....brain freeze." The girl waited a couple of seconds for the chilling pains to subside before she continued. "Ugh. Sorry about that. I'm Amara. What's your name?"

Charlie watched the girl, slowly eating his ice cream. He didn't often talk to girls, and he could feel the blush on his cheeks. He didn't know what to say, really, but he thought answering her questions was a good place to start. "Charlie. My name is Charlie," he told her, licking slowly at his ice cream, feeling his hands starting to get sticky.

"It's nice to meet you, Charlie." She took another bite of her ice cream, quickly licking around the edges to keep it from dripping too much onto her hands. The boy looked about her age but she couldn't tell and wondered if he'd be going to Hogwarts with her. "So if today is your unbirthday, how many more birthdays do you need before you get your Hogwarts letter? Or do you already go there? Or are you not even from here?" Wow, she was starting to sound really desperate for friends, but it wasn't like she was going to know more than a handful of kids when she got to school, assuming she got a letter at all. Amara didn't even want to consider that, so she'd continue living life as if her attendance at the magical school was a done deal.

Charlie ate his ice cream slowly, watching the girl. "I'm not from here, but I'm looking into going to the school here," He stated. He wondered if it was obvious he was American, but that might have just made him paranoid. "I'm supposed to start at the school here this coming year," He told her. "When are you going to school?"

"Same as me! I'm not from here either." Amara took another bite of her ice cream as she casually checked the nearby shop entrance to see if her mum was finished shopping. Not seeing her, she looked back to Charlie. "My mum and I just moved here a few months ago. She's originally from here, but I've only visited a handful of times. Where are you from?"

Amara smiled when the boy mentioned going to school that year. "Oh, excellent. I'm starting school this year, too. Thought I'd be going to school in Scotland, but looks like I've ended up here."

Charlie kept eating his ice cream, still unsure about this girl. "New York." He stated simply. "We're from New York." He nodded slowly as she said she was going to school there, too. "That's good. Maybe I'll see you around?" He asked, taking the last bite of his ice cream and starting to eat the cone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back