When everything is lonely I can be my own best friend

Carson West

Carson was feeling a tad bit anti-social as the days were going on and on. It was as if she was the only person in this whole world, the only fish in the sea, the only witch in the whole magical world. Though this obviously wasn't true. There were tons of people around her. As she walked through the castle halls, she noticed those surrounding her, those walking next to her, and those walking in the opposite direction of her. All these people, students, old friends, professors, walking in the same school, sharing the same space as this young blue eyed beauty, yet even in these large groups, the young child felt deadly alone. She hadn't talked to a soul unless you count the professors in her classes and that was only to answer a simple question. What had happened to this outgoing, loud California girl that once roamed these halls of Hogwarts New Zealand? Carson was still the same person, in reality. She had grown up slightly, aged a little over a year was all. Years had never really given Carson much difference however.

Appearance wise, she had only grown a few inches. Her fashion sense remained the same if not slightly better or more interesting (it depended on the opinion of the viewer). Her love for fashion grew as did her love for both the language of Spanish and for the love for music. Right now she was listening to the oldies of the Muggle world, a band called Bright Eyes. Depressing music it was, but in times where the young girl felt as if she was invisible, the voice of the male singer soothed her.

Now don't misunderstand the situation. Carson was not depressed in any shape or form. She was still bubbly and happy and joyous and all that. She still woke up every morning with a shining smile on her face and ended the day exhausted with a good book in her hand. She still loved the outdoors and the sound of the waters rushing about in the lake as a rather large and mysterious animal splashed about. Carson loved life like any normal thirteen year old, and due to this fact the slight handicap of starting anew without a friend to drag her through the days of work and play, did not interfere too much with the young girl's desire to be great, do great, and find the adventures of a lifetime. After all you were only young once, and Carson was not going to waste this time.

Out by the lake, the third year Gryffindor walked humming her little song called Lua. She walked about the lake looking for the perfect skipping stone, smooth and gray. Perfect for jumping at least three skips. Her pale skin almost translucent in the sunlight. Her song turning from a hum to a mumble to full out singing as she went about her work. The perfect stone would be her's. "When everything is lonely I can be my own best friend. I get a coffee and the paper; have my own conversations with the sidewalk and the pigeons and my window reflection. The mask I polish in the evening, by the morning looks like..."" And with the last uttering of the word, Carson looked down to find a small stone, round, but almost weightless. Would it work? The young blue eyed child stopped in her spot examining the treasure that she had found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back