What's studying?

Nevaeh Haze

Nevaeh rolled her eyes at the students studying in The Student Lounge. She had never even heard of such a thing as a Student Lounge before. She supposed that some people didn't really like to be outside all the time, but a place for people to lounge around and study? It sounded terrible to Nevaeh. She huffed and moved in her seat trying to re-position herself to get more comfortable. With no success, she huffed even louder and restlessly moved around her chair again. Nevaeh had been informed by her best friend Riley that she had to sit in the Student Lounge and study, otherwise she wouldn't be able to keep up with her work. Nevaeh, who was used to just buying her pass marks, hated this idea. She was even surprised her best friend had even heard of a place like this. What happened to the just-as lazy, apathetic Riley Nevaeh used to be home schooled with? While Riley was outside flying around on her broomstick, or meeting new people, Nevaeh was stuck inside, surrounded by a bunch of people studying. It didn't make sense, how people could just sit and study. Especially when it wasn't exam time. Holding her wand in her hand, Nevaeh lazily magicked each page to flick over, without taking anything in.

Robbie knew that he would have to study today, even know he didn't like to socially interact with people or be in crowded areas. Because there was always the chance that he would have to talk to someone, and that was something he found that he couldn't do a lot of the time. Though his one problem was that he couldn't concentrate if it was too quiet, and he couldn't go outside because then there was a lot of bugs and stuff. He just couldn't win! So, in the end, he had to settle for the Student Lounge, and hopefully finding a table where he could sit and be alone, but there wasn't always that luxury. As Robbie walked himself into the lounge, he noticed that every single table had either a person or a group on it.. and that wasn't a good thing for him. He glanced around, not wanting to leave just yet.. he was looking for somewhere with the least amount of people, and probably somewhere where he could just sit and not be noticed hopefully. He spotted a girl who looked like she didn't even want to be here, and he slipped into the seat near her hoping she wouldn't notice that he was here. Pulling out his book, he started looking over some notes.

Nevaeh watched as a boy entered the Student Lounge and glance around the room. She supposed he was looking for a friend of his to sit with, but none the less, she quickly cleared up her stuff and shoved it to the side. Nevaeh kept her book out, but carelessly shoved it on her lap as she flung her feet over the side of the arm of the chair, pretending she didn't notice him. In truth, she was hoping someone would come sit by her to ease her of her boredom. A grin played around her mouth as the boy neared her, and sat by the table she was at. She immediately shut her book hard, and moved her legs back over to the normal position. Nevaeh stared at the boy for a second before leaning over. "Hiya! Whatcha' reading? Anything interesting?" Nevaeh asked. "Though, I'm not sure what type of reading could be interesting. Or studying. Or school in general! I'm Nevaeh by the way." She paused for a breath. "What's your name?" She asked.

Robbie nearly ran for the door when the girl who he had sat near started talking to him, or, more like yelling at him, if you could even call it yelling. Robbie had in no way been prepared for that and instead of running away he buried his face in his book, not willing to look at her. He didn't know if he would be able to say anything to her, or even talk to her for the rest of the time he was in here. She had scared him and it would probably take him a while to calm down. Robbie wanted to be able to look up and talk to her, but he didn't know if he would be able to do anything of the sort, even look at her for a while. One way or another he didn't think this Neveah person would give up on trying to talk to him and eventually he would snap and maybe yell at her for talking too much or something, but it would take a lot to do that to him.

Nevaeh watched the boy, intrigued as he buried his face in the book, instead of replying to her. She raised an eyebrow, completely confused as to why he was ignoring her. It wasn't like she had said anything to annoy him or even anything rude. She watched him for a few more seconds before deciding he wasn't going to say anything. She huffed and leaned back in her chair, narrowing her eyes before saying "Well that was rude." Quietly.
Nevaeh looked over at the boy again to see what he was doing. She was still utterly confused about what was happening. Why wouldn't he respond to her? In another attempt, Nevaeh leaned forward. "Why aren't you answering me? I mean, what did I do to make you ignore me? It's not like I'm a crazy person or anything. Really, I'm not. The least you could do is reply." Nevaeh said, shrugging her shoulders.

Robbie shot up, he definitely didn't want this new girl to think that he was ignoring her, because he wasn't ignoring her he just didn't know how he would be able to talk to her when she was really scaring him. But right now he knew that he would have to say something to her or else she really would think that he was ignoring her and then she might get angry at him, but she kind of already seemed to be angry at him so it probably couldn't get worse, but Robbie looked up frowning. "I-I'm not i-i-ignoring you." Robbie stuttered out, burying his face back into his book when he managed to choke out that little sentence. Robbie was probably bright red because he was embarassed to be seen like this in front of anyone new and anyone who could possibly be his friend, and he really wanted to be able to make a new friend.

Nevaeh raised her eyebrows as the boy said he wasn't ignoring her, before jumping back into his book again. She shook her head, not understanding what was happening. It wasn't often that someone would just not reply to her, even if she came off a bit strong. In fact, it had never happened to her. Nevaeh tucked her legs under her body and raised herself a little bit to see what the boy was doing and was shocked to see his face had turned red. She quickly slunk back into her seat, looking around her to see if any of the other students had noticed what had happened. Nevaeh looked down at the book in front of her, and decided she really did not want to study. But if she had to be in the lounge, she might as well attempt at getting the boy to talk to her - everyone else was so surrounded by their own friends, and even though she could see her self interrupting their conversations and joining them, Nevaeh preferred to stay at her comfy chair, and work the boy next to her out. She huffed loudly again, trying to catch the boy that was sitting by her's attention.
Nevaeh leaned forward in her chair again and stared at the boy. "Okay, so as long as your not ignoring me then, what's your name?" She asked sweetly.

Robbie couldn't help but notice that she was trying to get his attention, as much as he just wanted her to stop talking so openly to him and maybe give him some time to calm down and get used to what was going on right now. It wasn't that he was trying to be anti-social, he just didn't exactly like being in this position at this point in time. Though sometimes Robbie wondered if people did this to him just to annoy him. He sighed, and knew that if he didn't talk to her it would just get worse, and as much as he hated being shy and knowing he would barely be able to get out a sentence, he still sat up and took a deep breath. "I-I'm R-R-Robbie." He said, hoping she had gotten the whole message there. "I-It's nice to m-m-meet you. S-s-sorry I'm so s-shy." He said, sighing. He knew that the shyness would slowly dissipate from him and then he would be able to talk to her entirely and she wouldn't have any reasons to get mad at him but for now he would have to live with it.

Nevaeh smiled when the boy said his name. She was happy that he would at least tell her his name, so she knew it wasn't entirely his fault that he wasn't talking to her. "Hi Robbie! I'm Nevaeh, just in case you didn't catch that before." She exclaimed loudly before realizing other students looking at her. She quickly put her hand over her mouth to stifle a giggle making a mental note to try keep her voice down while other students were studying.
Nevaeh grinned when Robbie apologized for being shy. "Hey, there's nothing to be shy about! And you don't need to apologize either. Unless you're going to start ignoring me again. Then apology accepted!" She grinned. "It's a pleasure to meet you too!" She said, holding her hand out for a shake. "What house are you in? Wait! Let me guess! Um, you're either a Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff? I mean, I suppose you could be a shy Gryffindor or Slytherin, but maybe I'm just stereotyping you." Nevaeh asked, holding her finger to her head in thought.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the lateness and quality. My muse seems to run away :erm:

Robbie didn't understand how any one person could be so loud and out there. In about twenty minutes she had proved to be both loud and a never giving up kind of person. Both of these things scared Robbie. He didn't like people who were randomly loud for no reason at all because it meant that they would try and talk to him even if it seemed like it was against his wishes. But Neveah didn't seem to be the type of person who would do something like that, she just tended to talk a lot. That wasn't always a bad thing just some of the time it tended to be. "I-I'm in H-H-Hufflepuff, like you s-s-said." Robbie said. He really didn't like being stereotyped it didn't make him feel very good..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back