Kaitlyn
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Cypress/Ebony Mix 14" Core of Basilisk Fang; Black Walnut/Maple 12 3/4" Essense of Silver Thistle
It was one thing Hadan did not like, it was jokes. This one went far beyond anything that she had ever encountered, but when she saw her mother fall from the second story years ago, she should have known better than to think that sort of fall would not kill a witch. Hadan was rather young and naive at the time, and now, she received a small letter that was dated a long time ago, about two months ago, and now, it was signed by someone that had the same name as her mother. It was not something that Hadan ever wanted to see, nor did it really matter to her. Her mother might be alive, or it could be someone that was after her breaking down and just...crying. Hadan was strong, and she never wanted to break, but this just got under her skin, and the letter said that her mother was apparently looking for her. Those muggles took her to the hospital, and she is dead. She has to be if she left me in that house for three months before Chavdar came... She is dead, she has to be, thought Hadan as she made her way down the dungeons, having bumped into her sister unknowingly while on her way down the hall. Hadan was not wrapping her head around it at all, and she wanted an explanation. Would she even write back? Or...could she muster up anything to write? Hadan needed advice and she could not give it to herself, because she had never been through this in her life, ever. Who has and would tell her?

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Hadan entered the dark depths of the dungeons, and she retrieved that letter once more. She reread it, taking in every curve of letter, and she could not help but recognize it. It seemed so familiar to her, but she wanted to know, was her mother truly alive, and the muggles kept her from Hadan? How could Chavdar not know? Then she remembered, that side of the family tree was burned and it would only show up on the original tree if Asparuh lifted the spell. Why did she not go there and ask to see when exactly her mother died? Chavdar just came when he knew that she was in peril, but that was all. Hadan was frustrated with the conflicts in her mind. She wanted so much to punch the wall and blame the seven years without her mother on someone - something - anything. But whose fault was it really? Hadan wished that she had someone that could...speak to her about something like this. Believing someone is dead and never really having a funeral and proof about it, it was something else. But it all comes down to one thing, was this letter real, or was her mother actually alive? She did not believe Miriah when she saw her, but then it all made sense. But this did not. If Venita was still alive, what would change? Hadan was living on her own, something that she had worked hard on succeeding, and she did not want to just pack her things and leave. But if her mother was not alive, and this was all a sick joke, how did they know so much about her and her sister, and how did they know it would get under her skin?

Miriah was headed back from a long study session and last minute Homework run in the Common room when she was roughly bumped into by someone. Her headed wheeled around and watched at the person who had bumped into her continued to walk away. For a moment she was aggravated that she wasn't even apologized to because whoever ran into her wasn't shy about making it hurt a little. But then Miriah began to recognize the figure of the person as she stared at the retreating figure. Eventually she was able to make out that it was her sister Hadan seemingly headed back down to the Dungeons. 'She must be upset about something.' Normally Hadan didn't pass by without acknowledging Miriah to some extent. Her sister also never really acted like that unless something was bothering her or she was deeply thinking about something. Being the sister she was, Miriah wasn't about to let Hadan go off like that without seeing if she was okay. Hurriedly she followed after her sister to make sure that everything was alright. Going down to the Dungeons wasn't exactly something Miriah wanted to do but she knew the little family she had was was worth it. It wasn't hard to guess that she valued family much more than she valued anything else in her life right now. Even more that she valued books or learning. After growing up without one for much of her life she knew that having someone in the world that cared for her was better than no one. Hadan was good at being by her side when she needed her, especially during the whole issue she had with Aiden. Not once did her sister let her be weak. It was harsh at first but she expected that eventually her sister had gotten over it.

"Hadan!" Miriah whispered loudly once she had reached the Dungeons. This technically wasn't her territory so she wans't about to go about and starting yelling all over the place. But she would brave the dungeons for her sister. It was obvious that something was bothering her, and that worried the Ravenclaw. Hadan was the strong one, she wasn't. If it was enough to unnerve her then she had every right to be afraid. "Whats..wrong?" She cleared her throat and let her eyes meet her sisters for a moment before she glanced around the Dungeons. What a gloomy looking place. Miriah had been down here for Potions class but this was the first time she actually looked at the place. No wonder most of the Slytherins were so mean and vicious.

"Hadan!" That was a voice that Hadan was not expecting to hear. Hadan continued to hold the clinched letter. How could she tell her sister what is going on? She would not understand. She did not grow up with their mother in her life. Hadan did not turn to see her, but her red eyes instead closed. Hadan then heard the footsteps and then Miriah was in front of her. Her eyes met those that nearly mirrored her own, but had much more kindness in them than Hadan had. She was at her wit's end. After this, she could not wait for the holidays, then she would come into the light on what she truly was, what she wanted to be. Hadan wanted to tell her sister everything, she wanted to. She opened her mouth for a moment, only parting her two lips, before she just fell silent. She instead held out the crumpled piece of parchment palm up for Miriah to take and see for herself. Would she understand exactly what is going on? Even in the letter, it said that Venita had been searching for her two daughters, but had not found any trace of their existence. Sending an owl to find them was something else that she decided to do while in whatever country she was in. Korea or something. If her mother was really alive, could Hadan even force herself to come face to face with her again? Hadan did not know... She wanted to see her so much, wish that she was still alive and out there.

"Miriah, I don't know what to think about this letter," Hadan finally spoke, her cold voice hushed and still echoed lightly around the dungeon walls. The letter was something that had in a way struck against her heart, something that someone had found out could use against her, and Hadan did not like it. How did someone find out that her weakness was in fact her mother? Her sister was another weakness of hers too. Hadan murmured, "Either mother is really...alive, or someone is impersonating her to get under my skin. And I don't know what to do. But I am thinking about...answering the letter and giving that impersonator hell for doing this to me." It was not right, in any sort of manner. But there was really no way to tell if her mother was really alive after these years unless she asked Asparuh to see the family tree. She had someone to call Father, and she called Rosaline just Rosaline. Mother was the only part missing. Having this factor in her life could do more to her than she knew. Hadan did not want something to distract her from what she wanted, and this was the NEWT classes. Could she really let this distract her from what she needed to do in her life? Hadan did not know, and she also wondered what Miriah would think of it as well. Would she be as angered and upset as Hadan was, or would she be apathetic about it?

Miriah finally caught up with her sister and peered at her carefully. Once she was close enough Hadan finally spoke about a letter or something. "What letter?" She motioned to see the letter and Hadan held out the crumpled piece of parchment palm up for her to take. With hesitant hands she took the crumpled letter and unfolded to reveal some writing. It didn't look at all familiar even as she straightened it out and made sure it was easier to read. Once it was all straightened she started to read it's contents carefully. But the moment she started to read she could tell that something was up and it wasn't anything good, at least in her case. It was a letter from someone claiming to be their mother and how she was looking for her two girls. That was the writers first flaw right there. Venita never cared about Miriah so the fact that she was looking for her too was a bunch of bull. Second, didn't Hadan see her die or something? By the time Miriah finished the letter all she could do was lower the parchment and wrinkle her nose in disgust. Was this a joke or did someone seriously try to pass this off as an actual letter from their mother? Miriah was tempted to rip the letter into a million little pieces and set it on fire, but instead she held it out for Hadan to take.

"I think thats bullsh*t. There's no way that can be mom...don't believe it Hadan. Don't let it get to you." Miriah pat her sisters back as she tried to comfort Hadan and make sense of the letter herself. Why would someone write a letter like this and try to stress both girls out? Was it a family enemy or someone who just felt like being a jerk and pissing he both of them off. "What do you think should be done though?" Miriah brushed some of her bangs aside as she questioned her sister. Do they write back to this idiot or do they ignore it and try to focus on something else. It was a little upsetting but Miriah was not going to let it get to her one bit. Not when she had many other things to worry about. Like NEWT's and her little issue with Aiden.

Hadan heard that her sister even confirmed that there was no way that could have been their mother. Hadan did not want to believe it to be true, but what if it was? Hadan took a deep sigh and out a spurt of anger, she punched the dungeon wall, managing to damaging her skin and knuckles. Blood started to form from the small injuries, and she ripped the letter in half, and she dropped it to the ground. With the adrenaline, she would soon feel the pain later on. Hadan moved her hair over her shoulder and she stared at her sister for a moment. Her eyes averted down the hall and back and then she murmured, "I watched mother fall from the top of a two story ladder. Maybe she lived, maybe she did not. Muggle authorities came in, and... Damn it, I don't want to relive those memories." Hadan conjured a small cloth and she wrapped her hand around with it to keep it straight and intact. It was out of instinct that she did this. Hadan adjusted her position standing, and she blinked her ruby red eyes slowly, before they landed on the ground. Hadan did not know if Venita would actually look for Miriah, because all she knew was that their father had taken Miriah off somewhere, and did not tell anyone after Venita exploded but Hada was much too young to remember it.

It was not something that Hadan like to remember, not at all because Hadan hated her past, and she hated the fact that it was affecting her like it was now. After thinking for a moment, Hadan murmured, "As a Guardian, I have to protect the family, and considering this might be affecting you, I may have to confront this imposer." No one could ever do any harm to her sister, not now, not again. She hated anyone that caused her family any sort of harm. As the positions would be handed down from member to member, it was amazing that she was chosen as she was originally from another branch of the family, and now, she was serving as Raisa's replacement. She wanted to be like Raisa, the woman was angry, formal and most of all - powerful. Hadan glanced at Miriah for a moment, something in Hadan's eyes that had never been seen before, something she had been hiding. It was something that a few of the other members of the family carried. She had the look, that those that were cold enough to kill. "You should be there too, in case this person is dangerous. Two witches of our line is better than one." Hadan folded her arms across her chest, and wondered if Miriah would be there. She was not going to pressure her to go, that was not the type of person Hadan was.

Miriah winced just ever so slightly when her sister punched one of the walls inside the dungeons roughly. It probably hurt and was probably going to leave a mark or two but she wasn't going to stop Hadan from venting in her own way. Hopefully she would do enough venting for the both of them because Miriah refused to do so until she knew the truth about all of this, she knew better than to react over something she had no information or proof about. "Hadan people don't normally live from that sort of thing, and anyways what kind of a mother would leave her children without any word or anything for years on end. I refuse to believe anything and this person and kiss my arse for screwing around with us like this." Miriah muttered bitterly as her eyes filled with anger and hurt. Even if it was their mother she wanted no part of this because she didn't like to think of being abandoned by someone for so long. After all the stuff she had been through these past few years she wasn't in the mood to even let anyone close to her that was pretending to be that damn woman. It sounded harsh but Miriah really wanted nothing to do with her. For once her life was going okay and she didn't want someone to ruin it for her.

"Hadan, I don't really want to face this person or have you face this person! C-can't we just have Asparuh or someone do it?" Miriah knew that he probably had some form of authority with this and wasn't he all about making sure that his family was all protected and everything? Miriah didn't want anything to happen to her sister and the last remaining piece of family she had left. She also didn't want to face anything in case the woman really was alive. What would she say to her mother after being abandoned and without a mother for so long?

Hadan clinched her hand and she murmured, “Perhaps I should not have done that now that I think about it.” She shook her hand for a moment, her teeth biting down on her bottom lip as she felt the hot, white flames of pain lick her hand. She managed to ignore it for the time being though. Why really worry over a small hand? She can heal it later or something because there is really a bigger issue at hand and that was over someone impersonating her mother. Hadan let out a strong sigh and she wondered if that was true. What kind of mother, if she was really their mother, leaves them for years? Didn’t Bryan ever tell Venita where he and Miriah went? She assumed not or else she would have fought for her. But the question still remains, if she were alive all this time, where has she been? Why hasn’t she been to the Zhefarovich family or something? She did know that they were descended from them, did she not?

Hadan intoned, “Normally, but this is a witch we are talking about too. The more I think about it, it just does not make sense. She – see why I was so upset about it?” Hadan shrugged lightly with her bony shoulders. Hadan glanced down at Miriah’s suggestion. That was not something you can just stroll up to Asparuh and say, especially when someone holds a position in the family. Then again, she did have another plan. “Look,” Hadan coaxed, “I am the big sister, I take care of you now. You are the only sister I have left really, so instead of putting you in dangers way, perhaps I could get Hades to come with me or something. You know how people are when it comes to him.” An evil smirk played across her lips as she planned this out with extreme caution. Hadan changed the subject, “Oh, I think I might need a little help practicing for the Defense Against the Dark Arts NEWT. Want to help me practice in an empty classroom? I could sure use the help, sis.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back