Closed What Like It's Hard?

Faye Harlow

Natural Talent // Easily Bored // Effervescent

Faye was not as excited for classes this year as she had been in the last semester. Classes were boring, they didn't hold her attention. If fact barely anything did except the new book she was reading. Today though her energy was better spent on the castle, and making sure she knew every inch so finding her way around was easier. Plus she was looking for secret passages, after all this was a castle she knew it would have secret passages somewhere. The dungeons were a good place to start. She was looking high and low when she spotted a familiar face - it was that kid who called her a liar. But she'd shown him she was good with spells, so maybe his opinion had changed! "Hey! Long time no talk!" She said approaching him.

Enoch was not managing well in his classes. He was putting more work in, every moment dedicated to revising, to doing his spells. Spare moments for sports and his instruments. But often he also forgot, he'd get distracted by something or spend too long at dinner. This was such an occasion when he'd meant to go play his flute in the arts room, but had forgotten his flute. He was going back to the dorm to grab it and as he was moved around the dungeons someone approached him. "Go away," he replied bluntly, turning away from the girl to continue on his way.

Faye couldn’t comprehend someone not wanting to be her friend. She was genuinely nice and totally chill. She didn’t push people past their boundaries unless they needed it to succeed. She was a cool friend. So why did this kid insist on hating her. Faye raised an eyebrow. “Someone ruin your breakfast? Or are you bombing exams too?” she asked with a light hearted laugh. She clearly wasn’t prepared to leave him alone - since when did she do what other people told her? No she practically had pathological demand avoidance.

Enoch rolled his eyes at her. Trying to dodge out of the way to push past her. But it seemed like she really was insistent upon being in his space. "I'm not bombing anything," he replied shortly, he hadn't done as well as he wanted to, but hadn't bombed them, he just...needed to work harder, and working hard was...hard. "What are you doing down here?"

Faye laughed. "Relax I'm just messing with you. I'm sure you're doing great." It sounded sarcastic but the brunette meant it genuinely. She shrugged when he asked what she was doing down this way. "I want to find out if there are any secret passages. I hear there are ways to get around the school without anyone seeing you come or go. Doesn't that sound awesome?" She asked with an excited tone. "Why don't you take a break from being so sour and help me look. It might be fun!"

Enoch rolled his eyes at her sarcastic tone. "Go away," he said again, but she continued talking. Though the reason being something silly. of course she was wasting her time looking for passages. "No, I have other things that need done," he told her, his tone short and disinterested. "But go ahead, waste your time looking for things the definitely do not exist,"

Faye raised a bushy brow at his remark that they definitely didn't exist. "Where's your sense of wonder! I mean how do you know they don't exist? Have you searched every crevasse here?" She paused. "I also don't get why you act like an old man all the time. You're always so grumpy with me when I've done nothing to you. Like if you have a problem why not just say it?" She asked curiously. Her tone was not malicious in any way, shape, or form. She just clearly didn't understand his motives behind being a bit of a jerk.

Enoch rolled his eyes still trying to side step her and this entire situation. But she was certain persistent, wanting to know what she had done, wanting to be on friendly terms with him. "I don't have a problem, I just do not want to be your friend or explore with you," he replied shortly. "Go make friends with people who care," Enoch said with a roll of his eyes. "Stop bothering me,"

Faye was clearly offended by this boy's behaviour, it was written all over her features. She crossed her arms and huffed slightly. "You know, making friends is a good thing right?" She said before turning to walk away. "Don't come crying to me when no one wants to be your partner in class because you're a jerk." She called over her shoulders. She tried not to let it hurt her feelings, but by gods that was mean.

Enoch felt almost a little bad as it was clear he had finally done it, offended her, and upset her enough for her to leave him alone. "I won't," he retorted sharply, though there was a little less bite to it. He just watched her walk away and then continued on his way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back